HP Regen and the fact it dumbs the game down

• i like the new “ultra” hp regen in the way that it also pressures ranged enemies to really get close quarters after they have landend hits in order not to let you, their opponent, heal.
    BUT besides this and maybe being a solid idea for a chaotic 64player ffa or tdm it is definitely the worst design choice that could happen to the game, cause for say normal player numbers, a solid server, tactical combat and lts it is horrofiyng desing choice.

let me tell you why.

fighting against groups has been made far more difficult in the way that different hit and dmg zones were introduced, meaning it is not just about who hits first but also about who hits (more) correctly in the way the animation is displayed (probably to make an abuse of the accelerating system more punishing and not rewarding, which is very good, in theory).
    generally speaking i like and approve the idea though obviously the implementation is still pretty crude due to the fact that you still can abuse this mechanic in combination with some weird parry boxes that even work when looking halfways down.

BUT now, not only did they made it harder to compete against groups soloing by forcing the outnumbered player not only to hit first but forcing him to hit precise which is of course harder to accomplish when you’re as said fighting against groups,
    NO they also introduced extremely fast hp regen which gives the group even more advantages and makes succesfull winning against groups though even playing better not only hard but rather impossible…

if you’re playing solo against say only 2 mediocore players and they’re not dumb, one of them will always go out of the fight for few seconds and then join in full health again.

SOLUTION:

1. either drastically reduce the health regen again to the state it was before, to a state where you have to actually care about the dmg you are strucked by, play tactically with your health no matter if the dmg is done by enemies or your own teammates (btw:they have made teamdamage also smaller!);
      though this again would remove “pressuring ranged enemies to get ccq”

2. OR give players who are making kills a regen bonus so that if you’re fighting against a group and killed one or two of them whilst some douches are waiting outside again and regen, you do also regen but maybe start doing it immediatley!!;
      this would be a kind of compromise of both.

edit:
    3) take a regen speed that’s faster than pre patch but slower than post patch.

anyways, the way it is now with that crazy hp regen and the different damage zones fighting against groups has totally lost its point.
    this also heavily contradicts the idea of making the game more “skillbased” cause in fact it does the exact opposite.

• it sucked ass before because you could 1v1 someone and take some damage, then wait like half a minute to heal up again, with NOBODY around you whatsoever. New regen rocks.

it’s a bit buggy though because it’s not consistent, sometimes you regen WAY too fast.

• @clayton-bigsby:

it sucked ass before because you could 1v1 someone and take some damage, then wait like half a minute to heal up again, with NOBODY around you whatsoever. New regen rocks.

indeed, thats the good aspect. though you seem to ignore my critic, read my suggestion number 2. this is a compromise of both, being able to fight groups and still not having to wait a minute to heal up after a duel.

@clayton-bigsby:

it’s a bit buggy though because it’s not consistent, sometimes you regen WAY too fast.

maybe suggestion 2 is already implemented and just working sometimes, unreliably?!

• If you cant finish the fight 2v1 before someone can regen, you clearly are being overwhelmed by the 1 person.

This game isnt about 2v1ing the scrubs, its a fighting game and if you cant handle 2v1 without this obscure problem occurring, then you cant handle 2v1.

• i feel that yes it is, it seems that when i kill something i heal up much faster… i would be okay with this since for the most part when you heal, it’s after killing something. Assist should regen you faster as well.

I don’t really minid the fast regen though, it’s pretty sweet.

Just having the bonus system would work great too though.

• maybe increase the out of combat time to start regen but keep the regen fast

• I really like the exponential HP regen, and I’ve wanted to see this in Chivalry since I started playing it.
    HP regen in this game is really only efficient when you’re staying out of combat, and you don’t want to have to wait forever doing so.

• New HP regen is great.

• Global Moderator

I wouldn’t mind if they removed Hp regen altogether to be honest.

• @lemonater47:

I wouldn’t mind if they removed Hp regen altogether to be honest.

I would mind the shit outta myself.

• the exponential HP regen is fine, but whats not fine is when it starts to fill up again… ridiculous low timer

• New HP regen is well suited for CDW gameplay but I don’t want it in CMW.

• I think the timer should increase before the regen starts but it could start immediately after you make a kill, giving a good player a nice tool for combat.

• I love the new HP regen. Being able to run in, do the damage and steal some kills, then retreat for a few seconds to heal and hop right back in the action. I absolutely hated having to wait for so long for my HP to regen.

Although I think it should stay exclusive to DW for obvious reasons.

• The HP regen is awesome

• @CRUSHED:

just no op just no.

How enlightening, I completely agree with your argument because you convinced me with your well developed ideas, backed up with facts.

Now on topic. I do admit that sometimes the regen can be a bit lame. Also the fact that the speed does not reset is your main issued. But overally I like the regen, as some mentioned, waiting alone for two minutes with no-body around just to heal up is really boring, what is the point if you can just go die and get back in fifteen seconds with refilled health and ammo.

What I’d suggest is instead the current system that easily gets bugged, make it so the speed is constant, generally significantly faster than in the old one, but the delay before it starts would be about three or four times longer than it is now. That way you could not just stand back while your buddy fight and then jump in five seconds later with full health.

• @filthypeasant:

if you’re playing solo against say only 2 mediocore players and they’re not dumb, one of them will always go out of the fight for few seconds and then join in full health again.

If this happens to you, you’re doing it wrong.

@Martys:

That way you could not just stand back while your buddy fight and then jump in five seconds later with full health.

• @KONGEN:

@filthypeasant:

@Martys:

That way you could not just stand back while your buddy fight and then jump in five seconds later with full health.

He’s doing something terribly wrong xD

If you’re geting so overwhelmed by the 1 guy that the 2nd can run away and regen, I doubt you’re in any position to beat two players anyway lol…

• The HP regen is perfect.

• Yes, lets play a wargame where everyone is Wolverine…