So this this the end of CMW? wtf SDK

• According to lemonater who pretends to know everything about the game it is impossible to create a new TO game in the SDK.

If so I can’t say how annoyed I am.

Obviously TBS doesn’t care about Team Objective which is the only reason they sold over a million copies.

I bang my head against the wall because I had so many great ideas for awesome TO modes but the SDK only just arrived and wtf are we saying you can only create maps for LTS.

Please tell me this is not true.

• If lemonater says so then we’re doomed.

• Sigh.

For DW its unlikely to begin with. I used those words. As the SDK doesn’t like any code changes like new game modes and a dev said it didn’t support it. TO in deadliest warrior would be a new game mode. TO may be possible in DW depending on what the left over is stuff from C:MW is. How messy they are you could say. There could be TO capability to begin with but its unlikely. They said later the SDK will support proper code changes so TO will come from the SDK for DW eventually.

For MW you can there already are some TO maps.

Learn to read Greg. And its pure speculation anyway.

• @lemonater47:

And its pure speculation anyway.

Then stop posting like you actually know something. When you go to university (if you graduate high school) you will learn the difference between knowing something and guessing.

Note to you: Its like the difference between wikipedia and an encyclopedia from an established publisher.

• @lemonater47:

Sigh.

For DW its unlikely to begin with. I used those words. As the SDK doesn’t like any code changes like new game modes and a dev said it didn’t support it. TO in deadliest warrior would be a new game mode. TO may be possible in DW depending on what the left over is stuff from C:MW is. How messy they are you could say. There could be TO capability to begin with but its unlikely. They said later the SDK will support proper code changes so TO will come from the SDK for DW eventually.

For MW you can there already are some TO maps.

Learn to read Greg. And its pure speculation anyway.

I also think that it is pretty certain that it isn’t possible to make TO maps for DW without modding the unrealscript. However, the SDK does support code mods for both games, so you can begin making TO maps for DW now if you want. The problem is that the Steam Workshop doesn’t support code mods; and because of that you won’t be able to easily play your mods online, only custom maps with no unrealscript changes.

• lemonater is one big idiot dont take any of his posts serious lol

lemonater is like the inside joke of this forum xD

• @CRUSHED:

lemonater is one big idiot dont take any of his posts serious lol

lemonater is like the inside joke of this forum xD

but he is a “Student studying software engineering”

and he has almost 5,000 posts in the forum

surely we need to take him seriously?

• Its common sense. Just think. They said the SDK is coming out for DW day one but they also said the SDK doesn’t support code changes as of yet. Meaning TO for DW is very unlikely until they update the SDK. Is the a far off prediction or do you think it’ll be pretty damn close to what will happen.

And I used words like probably and unlikely in that other post you started this one for. I dropped English ages ago but I’m pretty sure probably and unlikely have completely different meanings than for sure and definitely.

You call me an idiot crushed because you and I disagree about some Balance issues and you can’t take it when someone disagrees with you. So you turn to abuse like a spoilt child. Grow up crushed.

• Kimi (or someone from TB) did say that it isn’t possible to create a TO map with the CDW SDK at the moment.

• Tried to create one and when you set game mode in editor to AOCTeamObjective and choose to play it in editor, it crashes. I hope TBS can port TO gametype files into DW before launch. Note, it’s the case only for Deadliest Warrior. You can make Medieval Warfare TO maps just fine.

• can’t be true, played on custom map server… and there was one map that had an objective on it, blue hour to capture the tower. I’m not sure what game mode it was since it didn’t stay, but it seemed like an objective to me. It may have been like a CTF mode but no way of knowing.

• @clayton-bigsby:

can’t be true, played on custom map server… and there was one map that had an objective on it, blue hour to capture the tower. I’m not sure what game mode it was since it didn’t stay, but it seemed like an objective to me. It may have been like a CTF mode but no way of knowing.

I think the OP was talking about TO in CDW, which does not have TO.

Yes you can make TO in CMW and the Blue hour is a TO map as is my map, currently called Siege7 but I’m thinking of changing it to Bloody Morning or something.

• @Dr:

@clayton-bigsby:

can’t be true, played on custom map server… and there was one map that had an objective on it, blue hour to capture the tower. I’m not sure what game mode it was since it didn’t stay, but it seemed like an objective to me. It may have been like a CTF mode but no way of knowing.

I think the OP was talking about TO in CDW, which does not have TO.

Yes you can make TO in CMW and the Blue hour is a TO map as is my map, currently called Siege7 but I’m thinking of changing it to Bloody Morning or something.

No the OP was talking about no TO in MW. He just misread an earlier post in the DW section. That’s the whole reason for this thread.

I would have thought he would of played a custom TO map by now though.

And yeah blue hour is just a TO map with 1 objective.

• Isn’t bluehour KOTH?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Isn’t bluehour KOTH?

No its TO. The masons have to raise their banner and the agathians have to stop them.

• Looks like you’ve been soured by something. Lemon has some genuinely good posts. No I will not source this claim.

• Crushed I’m not really sure what reasoning you had to just go out and insult lemon like that. You haven’t really contributed to the topic by saying those things.

Also-
    If those maps are TO, maybe we could get the guys who made them to write a tutorial on how they did it?
    This way more people could make TO maps.

• @User:

Also-
    If those maps are TO, maybe we could get the guys who made them to write a tutorial on how they did it?
    This way more people could make TO maps.

Great Idea. Easier said than done. Because every TO map has different objectives and each objective needs different programming. I did start a thread in SDK chat called “Lets Talk about Team Objective!” with the intention of helping others.

Andrew and Crustacean have both helped me making my map and I’m happy to pass on those tips to others.

• Guys this is the CMW section. Not the CDW section.

• @lemonater47:

For DW its unlikely to begin with. I used those words. As the SDK doesn’t like any code changes like new game modes and a dev said it didn’t support it. TO in deadliest warrior would be a new game mode.

I’m gonna go ahead and assume you missed the word “yet” somewhere. The SDK doesn’t play well with code changes for either game at the moment but I’m pretty certain they’re getting around to it… slowly.

If they aren’t then… well I’ll save that thought for if it ever comes to it.