Archer attitude

• Wondering if anyone shares my experience here……

Rank 1-10 vanguards are a real menace to their team and often a big help to the enemy. They kill plenty of teammates but are themselves very easy to kill. But after rank 10 most of them start to figure out the connection between LMB spam, dead teammates and votekick rage. Then they begin to make use of mouse-wheel attacks when surrounded by teammates. Most of the time.

I find that after rank 10 it’s archers who tend to have the least regard for team damage, most of them seem to think an 80% chance of hitting a teammate is worth the 20% chance of hitting an enemy.

• Oh I see.

Your feedback has been considered by the local trolls on this forum and has been found to be unsatisfactory. Please amend your opinion.

Thanks for your time.

• Many of them panic too which makes them shoot friendlies. When the enemy makes a lot of ground.amy will just shoot in the general direction of the enemy and teammates are pretty much invisible to them.

Other fools will shoot in a crowd. They will only focus on their target and will lead accordingly. What they fail to notice an predict movements of are their team mates. You also have to watch swings as well because of knockback.

Though I’ve still managed to shoot a team made surrounded by 5 enemies. You don’t think you are gonna hit your one team mate when there’s a ton of them. Though in a situation like that the guy you teamkilled is usually ok with it. They were gonna die.

• Technically speaking, if there’s a crowd of players from both teams it’s always helpful to randomly fire as many arrows as possible into the group, as they do more damage to enemies than teammates and overall help your team. In reality, yes, it’s insanely annoying, and I avoid doing it whenever I’m playing as an archer. But here’s the thing: there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop these people from acting like this. It tends to be a trait of newer players, which, annoying as they are, we want as many of as possible, as it means Torn Banner is still attracting new fans. In the long run, that leads to more funds that can be sunk into the game, which helps everyone.

• But hitting a friendly target will cause flinch and enable his enemy to then finish him off with a melee attack. So i think it’s worth avoiding friendly fire where ever possible.

• @giantyak:

But hitting a friendly target will cause flinch and enable his enemy to then finish him off with a melee attack. So i think it’s worth avoiding friendly fire where ever possible.

Friendly fire will not cause a flinch. They took that out.

I avoid friendly fire as I don’t want to start an argument as get kicked or something.

• @lemonater47:

@giantyak:

But hitting a friendly target will cause flinch and enable his enemy to then finish him off with a melee attack. So i think it’s worth avoiding friendly fire where ever possible.

I avoid friendly fire as I don’t want to start an argument as get kicked or something.

I flinch in real life when hit by an arrow. I’ve been playing a long time and if an arrow hits me when I don’t expect it, I get startled. This can easily give the enemy the edge and kill me while I am momentarily distracted. Best for archers to first target other archers as high priority targets and then prioritise stray enemies that are not close to teammates.

• @Footbeard:

@lemonater47:

@giantyak:

I flinch in real life when hit by an arrow. I’ve been playing a long time and if an arrow hits me when I don’t expect it, I get startled. This can easily give the enemy the edge and kill me while I am momentarily distracted. Best for archers to first target other archers as high priority targets and then prioritise stray enemies that are not close to teammates.

Some people are stupid enough to turn around to see who hit them completely forgetting there’s 3 other buggers wanting to kill him. And then apparently its the archers fault completely.

• Yeah. That’s pretty much it in a nutshell. Keep calm and blame the archer.

• “I flinch in real life” Lol.

• @King:

“I flinch in real life” Lol.

If you don’t you are on drugs.

They should really bring back flinch from friendly fire. Its frustrating to fight those idiots who hit each other all the time and still end up winning because they don’t interrupt each others attacks and only deal half the damage.

• @King:

I dunno man. Your headphones are in, you’re in the middle of a good sesh, you’re probably intoxicated and then BAM! Hit by something you can’t identify. I freak just a little.

• I see a lot of Archers on pubs do this, Clan archers tend to be a lot more careful however.

• There’s plenty of people who don’t care about ff, in EVERY game at least 1/3 (even more lol) of my deaths are caused by mates. This is why i started play as an archer months ago, frustrated by inbred monkeys, i’m probably the only one who dont shot in the middle if i cant get a clear shot.
    If you follow a low rank archer you will see that they just sit and spam arrows and they hurt a lot of mates, they dont get the tk just because is impossibile to 1shot a mates because ff dont do full damage but if you get hit by a friendly arrow and lose almost 50% hp you’re pretty much fucked up.
    I think that if you add time to respawn for ff like dw many archers will not spawn at all, seriously.

Pretty sure that if tb limit the archer spot to 2 or 3 it will be more enjoyable to play, on official servers at least. Yesterday i played a match on a uk server where there are 9 archers on the attacking team, and 8 archers on defence, pretty sad, i just started tk every archer and got kicked.

• @Evil:

@King Willie:

They should really bring back flinch from friendly fire. Its frustrating to fight those idiots who hit each other all the time and still end up winning because they don’t interrupt each others attacks and only deal half the damage.

+1

Yeah, i have noticed lately that people have been particularly lax in their friendly fire. People haven’t even been bothering to attempt to turn their attack away from the friends resulting in FF.

• @Evil:

@King Willie:

I am on drugs. Lol, but naw, I don’t flinch in real life.
    I also wear headphones while playing too. But honestly, it’s just hard to make me flinch.

• The key is to treat anyone on your team under level 30 as if they were another player in a FFA.

Will they attack an enemy? Will they attack you? Will they stand there with their mouth slackly open doing absolutely nothing? Nobody knows! The fun is all about trying to adapt in time.

• @Sniperyeti:

The key is to treat anyone on your team under level 30 as if they were another player in a FFA.

Will they attack an enemy? Will they attack you? Will they stand there with their mouth slackly open doing absolutely nothing? Nobody knows! The fun is all about trying to adapt in time.

Will they kick you at the first tk you make? YES

Sad story: i was in a to got tked 3 times in a row by an archer, try to kick him with 40% ff 70% voted no, i failed to kick him again and they kicked me for abusing votekick :\

• @Sir:

@Sniperyeti:

The key is to treat anyone on your team under level 30 as if they were another player in a FFA.

Will they kick you at the first tk you make? YES

Sad story: i was in a to got tked 3 times in a row by an archer, try to kick him with 40% ff 70% voted no, i failed to kick him again and they kicked me for abusing votekick :\

Because you were abusing votekick. Don’t kick for accidents.

• Yeah that is one of the quirks of the voting system at times, players tend to become obstinate about agreeing ‘with others’.

I don’t think firing freely into a crowd is a sound approach on the basis that friendly fire does less damage since it rests on the all too cautious assumption that at least the second attack won’t connect with a friendly for two out of three consecutive arrows whilst also evening out the damage and disarray caused by connecting with someone from the other faction. I also agree with Footbeard’s view that if you suddenly take unexpected damage your otherwise accurate assessment of a given situation will be compromised…

on the other hand if I know the archer and they are one of the skilled archers that can typically skew games (oddly enough this is a compliment…and says much about game design) then as someone who willfully plays on the front lines usually against multiple encounters I would not mind coming to an agreement with them that they can take risky shots to my sides. Of course they will connect with me every so often and as such I will ‘die’, however, as this is a game and we have a working arrangement that is not such a bad possibility for the potential synergy this team work can accomplish.

that said, new or random players (without any explicit agreements made) taking liberties and freely firing into groups where their arrow is an obvious risk are generally an example of players who are not sufficiently mindful of the effects of their actions.