[BETA RELEASE]AOCLTS-Savetheship

• Pics and download are at http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=194292893

Map name is now “AOCLTS-savetheship4”. make sure ya update if you use this map. previous file is no longer there.

update 11/16
    Agatha’s ship no longer ugly as sin
    Should be no more, or a lot fewer collision problems
    Added a forecastle, poop deck(hehe), and some details to Mason ship
    Still have a lot more to do, but this will be a lot better to play on for now
    Changed the water also

Ok updated 11/12
    Reports of the ships not showin up on servers, so reuploaded everything.

LTS map, the Agathians were testing out their new ship technology and smacked into an iceberg too big too break through. Damn fog, eh? Some Masons on a slave ship happened to be passing by. They could blow it to pieces with their cannons, but they want the technology for themselves, Malric would be pleased.

Credit for the ship Agatha starts on is by Gacek from Google’s 3D Warehouse (HMS Warrior)
    Credit for the other ship goes to 3dregenerator from TF3DM (USS Constitution)

Don’t know the authors, but as far as licensing goes, the policies state the models are free to use, yadda yadda.

Had to delete workshop file and create new one, had trouble updating

Enjoy!

• So I’ve updated the map. didn’t know collision could be so simple with imported meshes, learned, so that should be all good now. Anyone else have trouble updating their maps in the workshop? I had to make a new one, things kept getting screwy with me.

…so no replies yet? I’d really like some suggestions and input on where to go with this map, detail and clutter ideas would be appreciated, especially from the community, everyone seems to know what they want here (workshop comments go from decent to meh).

• I have it on my server, but I haven’t had a chance to test it out yet, as soon as I do, I’ll let you know :)

• Hey thanks Kimiko! Been playin that server a lot lately, all these custom maps out now are a welcome change.

• No problem! But yeah, I think yours is one of them that is not working, so I had to remove it for now (from my server). It looks cool so far from what I’ve seen… although when I started walking, there seemed to have been a hole, as I fell in the water and died haha.

• Hey! glad you replied. I went and tried to join the server when the map was playing, and it said savetheship, are you sure you had AOCLTS-savetheship3 on the map list? the file without 3 on it was deleted from workshop cus i was having trouble with updating it.

• @silentwalker:

Hey! glad you replied. I went and tried to join the server when the map was playing, and it said savetheship, are you sure you had AOCLTS-savetheship3 on the map list? the file without 3 on it was deleted from workshop cus i was having trouble with updating it.

Let me go double check.

edit. Alright I’m getting them updated now, so we’ll see how it goes! :)

• Awesome, thanks, hope it works this time. The server’s full right now, i’ll try jumping on it later

• @silentwalker:

Awesome, thanks, hope it works this time. The server’s full right now, i’ll try jumping on it later

Oh yeah, I haven’t restarted it yet, so the new maps aren’t on it yet. I’m waiting a lil’ bit to see if any others need to be removed.

• Hey all! the map’s updated now, still a lot more to go before its where i want it to be, but should look and play a lot better now.

Enjoy

• Hi, not sure if the update has fixed this or not but yesterday I was playing and got stuck on one ship where there are cut aways in the floor with tents in them. I fell into the tents and couldn’t jump out. The tents seemed to collide with weapons though.

• @Dr:

Hi, not sure if the update has fixed this or not but yesterday I was playing and got stuck on one ship where there are cut aways in the floor with tents in them. I fell into the tents and couldn’t jump out. The tents seemed to collide with weapons though.

Haha yeah i noticed this when i played one time. Yeah it should be fixed, i put a roof over the tents, ran around them a bit and didn’t fall in anywhere. Thanks for lettin me know though. Your maps rock btw z0b :)

• @silentwalker:

@Dr:

Hi, not sure if the update has fixed this or not but yesterday I was playing and got stuck on one ship where there are cut aways in the floor with tents in them. I fell into the tents and couldn’t jump out. The tents seemed to collide with weapons though.

Haha yeah i noticed this when i played one time. Yeah it should be fixed, i put a roof over the tents, ran around them a bit and didn’t fall in anywhere. Thanks for lettin me know though. Your maps rock btw z0b :)

Thanks :D I like how your map is coming along, keep up the good work.

• I love the idea behind this map. The narrow boarding ramps add a lot of cat and mouse strategy. On the other hand, I seem to get stuck in the most random areas. Make this map a little bit more friendly to the map monkeys who go in random areas of maps and this will be a golden map! Thanks for your time and keep up the good work!

• Hey, thanks for the input mate! If you and others could point out where you get stuck now, i can take note and get that all fixed in next version. I still haven’t got to play the updated version on a server, though i did see it on one, it had 250 ping, so hopefully soon I can try it for my self against some people.

• @silentwalker:

Hey, thanks for the input mate! If you and others could point out where you get stuck now, i can take note and get that all fixed in next version. I still haven’t got to play the updated version on a server, though i did see it on one, it had 250 ping, so hopefully soon I can try it for my self against some people.

Since you’ve updated it, I added it back to my map rotation, so you can try it out.

• Hey thanks Kimiko! I’ll be playin on that server tonight sometime.

• Great map!