As a ninja, it would make me happy if…

• 1. I could have a bow and arrow as part of my loadout;

2. Shuriken were provided as a sort of “inherent feature” of the class like viking and spartan shields and did not take up a slot, leaving the ninja to pick two other things.

If I could pick just one of those, I’d pick #1. I really like bows and arrows and having a real ranged game would complete me. Having both of them would be a dream come true.

Of course, I’m as concerned about balance as the next person. I realize I’m asking for buffs here. What’s the community’s opinion on how these things would be?

• you just fuck right off!

no.

There’s pistols, shotguns, shurikens, throwing javelins, crossbows, yumi bow, throwing knives, vikings throwing swords/shields, flaming rum, blinding sand…

NO NEED FOR MORE RANGED COMBAT, THERE IS FUCKING PLENTY ENOUGH!

• @clayton-bigsby:

you just fuck right off!

no.

There’s pistols, shotguns, shurikens, throwing javelins, crossbows, yumi bow, throwing knives, vikings throwing swords/shields, flaming rum, blinding sand…

NO NEED FOR MORE RANGED COMBAT, THERE IS FUCKING PLENTY ENOUGH!

Yo let’s keep the vitriol to a minimum, eh? It was a polite enough question.

• Everyone knows ninja needs a buff I’ve been saying that shurikens should be a feature of the ninjas for a long time but everyone refuses to acknowledge the fact that a buff for the ninja was highly overdue, I find it funny that they only just recently decided to do something for the ninja by buffing overhead and stabbing damage which I’m pretty sure no one asked for it was just a feature the developers decided would balance the ninja.

There are still plenty of problems with the ninja unfortunately which still haven’t been addressed.

-Sometimes after a roll you can’t move again…Just lol, Not sure how this issue is back.

-Kick still doesn’t work with the bo-staff correctly, you can’t move after a power kick.

-Vikings can two hit the ninja with the norse sword, Takes 70% of my health away with one LMB

-Distance of the roll for the Bo-staff and Tekko Kage is one step less than Ninjato and Kama is half the distance as the ninjato.

From the lamp shade on the left I rolled to test out how far I could roll with both weapons to prove my point, You can test this out yourself

first one is the ninjato obviously and the second the Kama like I said you can test this out yourself.

• What TB NEEDS to do is swap the heads from the NINJA to the SAMURAI, I’m aware DW is a hollywood thing but it for the most part tried to be somehwat historically correct… I won’t get into their fraudulance.

• @Arebasu:

What TB NEEDS to do is swap the heads from the NINJA to the SAMURAI, I’m aware DW is a hollywood thing but it for the most part tried to be somehwat historically correct… I won’t get into their fraudulance.

I want this mask from a ninja classic movie.

• as a knight, it would make me happy if i could dual wield mauls, and have the kings hp.

we can’t all have what we want.

• @othayuni:

1. I could have a bow and arrow as part of my loadout;

2. Shuriken were provided as a sort of “inherent feature” of the class like viking and spartan shields and did not take up a slot, leaving the ninja to pick two other things.

If I could pick just one of those, I’d pick #1. I really like bows and arrows and having a real ranged game would complete me. Having both of them would be a dream come true.

Of course, I’m as concerned about balance as the next person. I realize I’m asking for buffs here. What’s the community’s opinion on how these things would be?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH… ok… let me catch my breath… HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

you’re joking right? the ninja class needs a huge fucking nerf as it is right now they are so ez-mode its unbelievable! I even play them myself cuz its so hillarious to roflstomp ppl without even trying xD and its killing the game, more & more ppl ragequit every day cuz of ninjafags lol.

Lets look at what ninja already have in their arsenal:

• Silent movement
    • Silent attacks aka unreadable feints
    • Can twtich their aim to feint since their attacks make no sound anyway
    • Have the fastest combos in the game
    • Has the highest damaging melee weapon in the game, and its also one of the fastest, disregards the sweetspot mechanic and is almost impossible to block properly
    • Have throwables that can be used to force people to parry and then gain a free hit on them
    • Can roll away from just about anything
    • Have decent hitpoints, surviving 2 hits is more than enough.
    • Fastest movement speed
    • Fucked up weapon animations
    • INSTA counterstabs with the sword, and yes they are truly instant.
    • If your opponent fails to block once, your combos are so fast you are guaranteed at least 1 more hit for free without them being able to do anything about it

I could probably go on but… yeah, buff the ninja some more it really needs it! lol

• Ky why so much hate for the ninja :P?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Ky why so much hate for the ninja :P?

I dont’ hate it, its the funniest class ive ever played. But they’re not what I would call… fair? xD

• @kywild:

I’m surprised people actually use the grunt to read attacks

• @BB:

@kywild:

I’m surprised people actually use the grunt to read attacks

With the ninjas animations, what other option is there? You can’t see what they are doing if htey are twitching their aim enough. Other than that, yes I use the grunt to block attacks coming from behind me so I don’t have to spin around like a moron all the time, why wouldnt i?

• @kywild:

With the ninjas animations, what other option is there?

I did fine enough before the no-feint window even came up

I was surprised people use the grunts because I honestly forgot that it’s a thing that exists

• @BB:

@kywild:

With the ninjas animations, what other option is there?

I did fine enough when the no-feint window didn’t even exist

I was surprised people use the grunts because I honestly forgot that it’s a thing that exists

So did I, what’s your point? I still read peoples attacks visually, but if I do hear the grunt I know it’s perfectly safe to block (unless its desynched but thats pretty easy to see) so why not utilize it? ^^

• @kywild:

So did I, what’s your point?

you need something to help you deal with feints and I don’t

• @BB:

@kywild:

So did I, what’s your point?

you need something to help you deal with feints and I don’t

Please let me record a video of you reading my ninja feints and hten you can talk smack :) noob

EDIT: ofc I wont actually be feinting since twitching my aim is enough… that makes it even funnier doesnt it?

• @kywild:

Please let me record a video of you reading my ninja feints and hten you can talk smack :) noob

lol nobody reads feints

• @kywild:

@othayuni:

1. I could have a bow and arrow as part of my loadout;

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH… ok… let me catch my breath… HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

you’re joking right? the ninja class needs a huge fucking nerf as it is right now they are so ez-mode its unbelievable! I even play them myself cuz its so hillarious to roflstomp ppl without even trying xD and its killing the game, more & more ppl ragequit every day cuz of ninjafags lol.

Lets look at what ninja already have in their arsenal:

• Silent movement
    • Can twtich their aim to feint since their attacks make no sound anyway
    • Have the fastest combos in the game
    • Has the highest damaging melee weapon in the game, and its also one of the fastest, disregards the sweetspot mechanic and is almost impossible to block properly
    • Have throwables that can be used to force people to parry and then gain a free hit on them
    • Can roll away from just about anything
    • Have decent hitpoints, surviving 2 hits is more than enough.
    • Fastest movement speed
    • Fucked up weapon animations
    • INSTA counterstabs with the sword, and yes they are truly instant.
    • If your opponent fails to block once, your combos are so fast you are guaranteed at least 1 more hit for free without them being able to do anything about it

I could probably go on but… yeah, buff the ninja some more it really needs it! lol

I’ll counter all your points right now

-Silent movement…Useless…just use 3rd person most ninjas don’t stop using the voice commands anyway.

-Feints are unreadable.

-Viking has the fastest combos in the game, Period.

-Bugged weapon

-This is the same with all blockable projectiles, Shields, Swords, Axes, Hammers, Move out of the way? Also if the ninja gets hit with a projectile in hand it unequips their weapon.

-Nope, Can’t roll away from absolutely everything if they drag halbred or spears. rolling is much more riskier, It should be used to punish people who’re overly abusive of the LMB button, Sometimes after you finish a roll as well you can’t move if you get hit.

-So if 2 hits is more than enough? Than 1 hit is enough? Wtf.

-Fastest movement speed is negligible when the spartan is only 15 points or less slower than the ninja and can just use the chase mechanic to catch up to ninja anyway

-In what way are they fucked up? That might be desyncs on your side because of the server or lag maybe, I’ve not seen any abnormalities, They’re just fast.

-Doesn’t hurt to queue parry for riposte.

-Hittrade.

• @SirBlade:

-In what way are they fucked up?

he’s probably talking about the Japanese sword stabs
    with the way the Katanas work the tracers for the stab starts a good way in front of you, basically inside of the enemy already

• @SirBlade:

-Silent movement…Useless…just use 3rd person most ninjas don’t stop using the voice commands anyway.

3rd person is useless + its banned from competitive play in cmw and if there’s competitive in dw it likely will be as well.

@SirBlade:

-Viking has the fastest combos in the game, Period.

If they spam all their stamina away. In either case, just block them once to stop them. It takes a good while for htem to get going.

@SirBlade:

-Nope, Can’t roll away from absolutely everything if they drag halbred or spears. rolling is much more riskier, It should be used to punish people who’re overly abusive of the LMB button, Sometimes after you finish a roll as well you can’t move if you get hit.

Yes you can if you combine it with proper footwork, its still super easy to pull off. And IF you by chance would fail, you do have a parry button!

@SirBlade:

-So if 2 hits is more than enough? Than 1 hit is enough? Wtf.

Since your roll can save you from ALOT of incoming attacks, getting hit 2 times is waaay less likely than if you were any other class.

@SirBlade:

-Fastest movement speed is negligible when the spartan is only 15 points or less slower than the ninja and can just use the chase mechanic to catch up to ninja anyway

I’m not talking about running away like a retard, I’m talking when navigating through combat, u know… footwork? Gives them a huge advantage.

Ninjas are OP, they got too many tools at their disposal and their ONLY drawback is lack of ranged options.