Viking Dual-Wielding, any reason to do it?

• So I main viking and love the class, but I’m wondering, is there any point to dual-wielding? The only benefits [besides the desync bug, which doesn’t count] to it I can find are having a lot of quick throwing ammo and pretty quick recovery times, which I don’t feel is enough to trump the hammer and spear’s range and damage.

Is there a reason I should consider dual-wielding?

• Damage is a good reason, 42 on the stab I believe? Don’t know the real numbers…

I like it mainly because I don’t like blocking with shield, so I toss it and duel rampage :P

• @dragonmith:

Damage is a good reason, 42 on the stab I believe? Don’t know the real numbers…

I like it mainly because I don’t like blocking with shield, so I toss it and duel rampage :P

But what advantage is there to dual-wielding over just wielding the norse sword by itself, for example? Or compared to the spear/hammer/skeggox?

• Utilizing the speed boosts. IE missing combos on purpose to strike later with unpredictable, faster attacks. The stab being powerful makes it a key attack, considering if you start the frenzy, you can chain into super fast stabs.

Choosing mismatched weapons, IE hatchet & dane axe, to throw the opponent off in regards to attack speeds.

Safer throw options.

• choosing different weapons to dual wield is where it truly shines
    it basically gives you access to two different weapons at the same time

also your combo times are better than 1 handing

• Conceptually, dane axe/norse sword is basically my dream composition; it would be useful then?

Also, does every stab use both weapons, or do you control it somehow?

• @Rampage:

Conceptually, dane axe/norse sword is basically my dream composition; it would be useful then?

Also, does every stab use both weapons, or do you control it somehow?

Dane-Norse is a great combo
    and with having 1 sword your in your combo your stab damage is much higher than a regular 1H Norse stab

you always stab with both

• it’s also good to use the animations to fuck your opponent up.

• Awesome, I’ll try it out and see how it feels, thanks!

• Dane/Norse is great once you realize the tracers on the dane are shit and adjust for it.