[BETA RELEASE] Valley (Yes, a map from AoC)

• Here it is:

Valley!

Short info:

• This is a remake of original Age of Chivalry Valley map.
    • It features TDM and FFA (Other gamemodes might come later)
    • Map is a bit bigger than in AOC.
    • There are special objects on the map (destroyable graves, man-eating fish, etc.)
    • Custom tent textures.
    • Pretty optimized for Low-end PC’s (I hope)

To do:

• Fix the damn broken shadows (Inside tents, ruined tower)
    • Implement the “defensive catapult pyre” as in AoC
    • Fix other minor stuff. (Mainly stuck spots, lightning bugs).
    • More details.
    • Suggestions?

Map names:

AOCTD-Valley_p
    AOCFFA-Valley_p

Map is avaiable on Steam Workshop!

• Where is muh monastery?

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Where is muh monastery?

I need more experience with UDK, besides i think someone is already making monastery or a map similar to it.

• Yay, Valley!

• Vesanus, is it possible that you can add the pyres behind the spawnpoint tents that can be lit with torches spread around the map. That will be used to lit the pyre, that will make the catapults on the castles in the background fire at the spawnpoint where the pyre is lit. Also add the good ol graveyard, broken tower, ballistas and possibly catapults near the graveyard?

Either way, keep up the good work. I love seeing Age of Chivalry maps coming to Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

I’m counting on you!

• @wildwulfy:

Vesanus, is it possible that you can add the pyres behind the spawnpoint tents that can be lit with torches spread around the map. That will be used to lit the pyre, that will make the catapults on the castles in the background fire at the spawnpoint where the pyre is lit. Also add the good ol graveyard, broken tower, ballistas and possibly catapults near the graveyard?

Either way, keep up the good work. I love seeing Age of Chivalry maps coming to Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

I’m counting on you!

I’m doing the exact replica of this map so yeah, those things you said will be in the map. I hope i will be able to do the “ignite the pyre = catapult shot” thing.

• why a people alway trying to do remakes of the boring maps of aoc :/.

• @NORDAViND:

why a people alway trying to do remakes of the boring maps of aoc :/.

Matter of opinion I guess… I liked valley in AoC.

Next map after the valley will be the aoc_siege one (snow map).

• Loved Valley, come to think of it we actualy played alot of TD in AoC compared to now. Rather strange.

Anyways would love to see this! Any updates?

• This post is deleted!

• I’ll drop a little screenshot here…

BEFORE (Age of Chivalry):

NOW:

There is still work to do! Map will obviously feature TDM mode (as in original [100 kills to win]) - I might add other gamemodes later.

• Jesus christ. Dat nostalgia.

• Looks great

• Oh I remember this map, I actually hated it lol. It was way too small for my taste.

• Heh, yeah. Luckily size of the map is significantly bigger in Chiv.

Map should get released this week (I hope).