Troubled Knights

• Do you think the Knights were left out in the waste lands of chivalry.

It is my opinion that all the other classes got suped and tuned.
    but the Knight did not, infact rumour has it his class was
    reduced. My sword of war seems less powerful now and slower,
    The norse sword also less of a weapon and dominates the holy
    water in all?

By the time a humble Knight gets to the enemy, he has been
    charged by countless vans, set on fire and face hug stabbed
    by man at arms and finally sniped by countless archers who themselves
    roam about in gangs trying to stab him in the back. Often teaming up with other man at arms hehe.

Why an earth would you reward the archers for stabbing Knights in
    the back? What is that about ?

Even the van has smoke and throwing knifes, and smoke, as well as his super
    powers =p. The maa has firepots? throwing knifes? while the archer has
    Spears??

I have been a Knight from Day one with 600 hours no shield sword of war and norse or holy water weapons.

The Knight class seems of late to be the only class hunted by the other Three with no fear at all. Even a lone archer rushes at me
    nowdays with a tiny knife, or a man at arms face hugging back stabbing
    amidst the constant sound of a van shouting charge in my ears.

When pausing on the battlefield for a second miles from the objective I noted a few archers appeared sniping towards me, about 3 man at arms and
    a van heading my way lol.

Its true us Knights are bloody hunted now like an easy kill. I have also been chased from my base back Two the enemy lands, ignoring any objectives
    but to try and kill me a humble Knight.

The Knights that have play over 300 hours might have thoughts on this.
    This is my my perspective as a Knight only with 600 hours on pub servers and might not reflect other
    Knights views , but they might have some common thoughts on this.

• Poetic? I play knight. It is a slow game. He is the tank. Designed to taunt enemies, to grab their attention.

Humble knight.
    My armour bright, it slows me down.
    My weapons heavy, my arms grow feeble.
    My shield immense, it drags through blood and dust.

I raise my weapon high,
    Blade glinting in the dawn sun.
    I taunt my foes
    And they turn,
    Turn towards me.
    My heart pounds,
    I may not outlive this day.

They sprint,
    Hurtling across the muddied ground.
    Weapons raised,
    Demons cackling as they race towards me.
    My stance shifts,
    Mr resolve sets.
    As hard as the rock beneath my feet.

I spit taunts back,
    Egging them on.
    Dost thou prate, rogue?
    I am more scared than they can imagine
    Yet I am steadfast.

They see not,
    My vanguard pushing the petard.
    They see not,
    My archers lining up their shots.
    They see not,
    My men-at-arms hiding in ambush.

They are upon me,
    Raining blow after blow.
    I block some.
    Some I cannot.
    Countless enemies fall,
    Countless more take their place.
    I am a tank.
    An engine of destruction.

After what seems like an eternity,
    My armour fails.
    Bent and broken I fall.
    Demons still cackling, leave.
    They are too late.

As they turn to fight my comrades,
    The archers loose their shots,
    The men-at-arms slay them from all angles,
    The vanguard at the gates of their castle
    Petard ready to blow.

As I draw my last breath,
    I know I have done them a service.
    Their rock. Their shield. Their chance.
    Humble knight.

That clear things up for you?

• @Footbeard:

Poetic? I play knight. It is a slow game. He is the tank. Designed to taunt enemies, to grab their attention.

Humble knight.
    My armour bright, it slows me down.
    My weapons heavy, my arms grow feeble.
    My shield immense, it drags through blood and dust.

I raise my weapon high,
    Blade glinting in the dawn sun.
    I taunt my foes
    And they turn,
    Turn towards me.
    My heart pounds,
    I may not outlive this day.

They sprint,
    Hurtling across the muddied ground.
    Weapons raised,
    Demons cackling as they race towards me.
    My stance shifts,
    Mr resolve sets.
    As hard as the rock beneath my feet.

I spit taunts back,
    Egging them on.
    Dost thou prate, rogue?
    I am more scared than they can imagine
    Yet I am steadfast.

They see not,
    My vanguard pushing the petard.
    They see not,
    My archers lining up their shots.
    They see not,
    My men-at-arms hiding in ambush.

They are upon me,
    Raining blow after blow.
    I block some.
    Some I cannot.
    Countless enemies fall,
    Countless more take their place.
    I am a tank.
    An engine of destruction.

After what seems like an eternity,
    My armour fails.
    Bent and broken I fall.
    Demons still cackling, leave.
    They are too late.

As they turn to fight my comrades,
    The archers loose their shots,
    The men-at-arms slay them from all angles,
    The vanguard at the gates of their castle
    Petard ready to blow.

As I draw my last breath,
    I know I have done them a service.
    Their rock. Their shield. Their chance.
    Humble knight.

That clear things up for you?

10/10

• yeah knight became a weaker class but they can still tank more than any other. You notice when you switch to van or maa or archer because in group fights you’ll get two shot instead of being able to take 3-4. However certain weapons fuck all of that up, specifically polearms, the polearms are broken as is with the handle hits and super fast lookdown meta overheads, and then the insane damage it does, even 2 lmb’s to like the chest are KNIGHT DOWN!

Knights WERE getting some love in DW, but now they reduced the armor making them have the same HTK as pirates…. and less when using that dumb stick (which hopefully gets fixed).

I guess TB just REALLY hates knights man. It was looking up, they were looking like one of the strongest in DW, a definite contender… but then they nerfed the armor and now they’re squishy and feel kind of weak again.

More focus on ranged warfare and less on the actual melee classes… hell even the knight has a crossbow now.

LOVELY

• They’re definitely not asa strong as they used to be, but they feel like they’re in a good place to me. My mate Fuzzy and I still always top the boards in TO using knights with feintless longsword, you just have to play knights a bit differently now, and in my opinion, more like they should be. To do well with knights in a TO pub you need to play the objective, as you don’t have the footspeed to be charging all over the map chasing everyone. Attack or defend the objective, racking up objective points and killing everyone who tries to stop you will give you a good place on the board, and help your team. If you don’t care about anything other than kills, then play vanguard; I currently like the differentiation between the roles of the classes now, it adds more of a tactical edge to games.

• What a nice poem it warms the prunes mr footbeard :D
    I do come first sometimes in T/o but often get caught up trying to keep the enemy of the catapult
    and often alone. What is annoying is on a few occasions I rushed to help a team archer , who then quietly strolls away without so much as a covering arrow for me as his foes utterly slaughter me.

Dw looks good but T/O is just to addictive , esp when the Teams are very close and evenly ranked.
    Mr bigsby must be correct and the dev just don’t like knights :\

• Cool story bro.

In reality, 2 handed knights are the most exploitative irritating force in the duel battleground at the moment.

That’s why when I looked at the middle of the duelling map on moor, I counted no less than EIGHT 2Handed knights.

Learn to play before criticizing knight viability please.

Thanks.

• lol trooper what xpliotss?

• @trooper:

Cool story bro.

In reality, 2 handed knights are the most exploitative irritating force in the duel battleground at the moment.

Just for the record, this guy is playing norse and shield.

• You are mistaken my friend. Any idiot can buy armor. You are referring to peasants the fancy themselves Knights.

A true Knight is hunted by nobody as he knows how to fight in this armor while peasants are just slowed down by its weight.

• Couldn’t possibly agree more with you OP. Been a Knight exclusively since launch, only 315 hours, but I don’t feel as if I’m a presence anymore, just an easy target. Damn disappointing.

• Footbeard that poem was beautiful and so true!
    A moment of silence for our fallen knight brethren

• @trooper:

Cool story bro.

That’s why when I looked at the middle of the duelling map on moor, I counted no less than EIGHT 2Handed knights.

Thanks.

Even cooler story bro.

A lot of people play 2-hand knight in FFA-duel precisely because it’s NOT exploitative, and they enjoy winning without employing cheap tactics or loadouts to take the shine off it. The feeling of victory when you haven’t feinted your way to it with a broken weapon is much more enjoyable.

N.B. I don’t count the maul, which is arguably exploitative.

• @Harry:

exploitative

Define please.

• I was trashed yesterday. I don’t even remember writing that poem. I believe I got my point across though :p

• @Evil:

@Harry the Bastard:

exploitative

Define please.

Sure.

Some people (not me) consider the stamina drain and hit trading capabilities of the maul to be overly advantageous 1 on 1. I just put it in as an caveat though, I hear it said enough to not completely discard it, but I personally have no problem with it.

• Unread postby trooper » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:05 pm

Cool story bro.

Thanks

Just to clarify Pub Knight here only Team Objective cuts the mustard. I was not a critic of the Knight viability or suggesting a class is above my skill set to defeat. Just Reflecting and commenting on
    the Knight today seeming less then he was in the Launch of Chivalry. As mr clayton-bigsby said
    they’re squishy and feel kind of weak again.

I jumped onto a duel server just once and had to join a queue to fight other players aka pool thing,
    After beating quite a few players it then dawned on me they were in fact not bots and real players.
    So I quickly went back to T/O that day. After some quite nasty remarks about me winning.

A pub knight is quite a tough player esp with over 300 hours on just team objective as knight.
    Some of you clan Knights might be quite surprised at just how skilled they can become the pub knights.

If your a regular pub player you might have noticed now and again the enemy knight will stop and salute you as you both rush into a fast dual before anybody interferes , Those kinds of duels in the heat of
    battles are very nice.

• I only started playing Knight seriously after one of the more recent patches (the one where the claymore became ridiculous), so I’m not sure how well he performed before; but I find that I’m able to do just fine in TO equipped with the longsword. When I fight for Agatha, the roar of my battlecry more than compensates for any weaknesses I might possess. As a Mason, my wicked laughter sends the enemy scampering back to their mammies.

• @clayton-bigsby:

yeah knight became a weaker class but they can still tank more than any other. You notice when you switch to van or maa or archer because in group fights you’ll get two shot instead of being able to take 3-4. However certain weapons fuck all of that up, specifically polearms, the polearms are broken as is with the handle hits and super fast lookdown meta overheads, and then the insane damage it does, even 2 lmb’s to like the chest are KNIGHT DOWN!

Knights WERE getting some love in DW, but now they reduced the armor making them have the same HTK as pirates…. and less when using that dumb stick (which hopefully gets fixed).

I guess TB just REALLY hates knights man. It was looking up, they were looking like one of the strongest in DW, a definite contender… but then they nerfed the armor and now they’re squishy and feel kind of weak again.

More focus on ranged warfare and less on the actual melee classes… hell even the knight has a crossbow now.
    LOVELY

Maybe the knights special ability should be being able to ripost with 1h wep +shield.
    That’d really fix the problem i think.

edit:
    so i read the rest of the thread and realised i might have to beat my chest a bit to satisfy everyone of the validity of my opinion.
    Beats upon chest

• i guess i need to learn to play :(

damnit i guess another 2000 hours is in order.

someone get me a pot of coffee