DW features implemented to MW?

• Since the forum admins or devs ain’t all that happy with people doubting their game-developing skills and my other thread that was partially focused in that direction was locked, I am going to make another thread focusing on the other question instead. What do you think of implementing some of the new DW features back into MW.

What I have in mind is mainly:
    Fast health regeneration: Since the system is currently bugged I would suggest a different system, rather than increasing speed, the speed would be constant and speedy from the start, however with longer delay. This would encourage teamplay as some warriors would retreat while other would be covering them while they heal, groups of people would less often get split because some people were rushing forward while others stayed behind to heal and finally each encounter would have evened odds as having full health would be a lot more common.

Different damage of different portions of tracers: The new system is what I always had in mind. The swings deal a lot less damage at their start, I’d go so far and even make the very first portion of a swing or overhead deal as little damage as 10% of the original. This would not only make some questionable tactics a lot less vial but would as well make FF incidents less dangerous. Not that I am ok with swinging without caution around teammates but I’ve seen too many times a vanguard cut a head off of their teammate that was standing quite far BEHIND them.

Parrying of thrown projectiles: This ability speaks for itself, ask yourself how many times you’ve been hurt and see that Knight pull out a throwing hatchet and just toss it at your face. You while seeing black and white, slow from backpedalling didn’t have enough momentum to jump out of its way and not even crouching or spinning helped. This would indeed have limited potency since the throwing animation is so fast that often you won’t have enough time to react but only when the enemy holds it. Throwing it straight away after lifting the arm however would be lockable, making not choosing shield a little bit less punishing in the area of ranged combat.

Limited bend forward and bend backward ability: I don’t know if you noticed but in MW you can look all the way up and down while in DW you can only like 2/3 the way. this has little effect but still can help to counter some exploits and of course make double crouch look a lot less odd.

Parrying/blocking an attack when out of stamina does not special daze but instead causes normal daze but without interrupting the attackers combo: this feature would remove the “out of stamina=dead” problem, being out of stamina would still mean a problem, but clever players can get a way around it, or only I believe so. Actually I don’t even know, it still means they’ll get a free hit on you so I dunno.

Guess there could be more, I’m looking forward to different opinions. If I can say I would be against implementing the overall faster pace of DW in MW as it would change the game way too much.

TL,DR : read the underlined parts

• Please, leave CMW alone.

• Pretty sure the general consensus is that MW needs to have shit removed before more shit is added on.

Like bugs.
    And certain changes that came in with a certain patch.

• @omg87:

Pretty sure the general consensus is that MW needs to have shit removed before more shit is added on.

Like bugs.

Well yeah, in theory. But you know how “fixin’ bugs” can be, just causing more bugs if ever even done.

@rumpelstiltskin:

Please, leave CMW alone.

That is indeed a valid opinion as well. But please develop. Tell me, do you really like to have to wait a whole minute to get back full health and be able to fight? If yes, why? Don’t you think that the need to survive should be encouraged, instead discouraged, as death gets you back into fight faster.

• @Martys:

@omg87:

Pretty sure the general consensus is that MW needs to have shit removed before more shit is added on.

Like bugs.

Well yeah, in theory. But you know how “fixin’ bugs” can be, just causing more bugs if ever even done.

@rumpelstiltskin:

Please, leave CMW alone.

That is indeed a valid opinion as well. But please develop. Tell me, do you really like to have to wait a whole minute to get back full health and be able to fight? If yes, why? Don’t you think that the need to survive should be encouraged, instead discouraged, as death gets you back into fight faster.

Yes. In fact, with long health regen times, the need to survive is more encouraged. You are more cautious and careful about taking hits because you do not want to undertake the long regen time, during which you are more susceptible to death. For some it is not about racking up kills, but about K/D. Some people would rather be 14 and 2, whereas others might prefer to be 25 and 36. For the former, health management becomes a big aspect of the game, and dying is not preferable.

C:MW is slower paced because it is methodical and strategic. You don’t often see people flat out run from combat in the game. Melee is the centrefold. If you take enough hits in MW, you should be punished for your mistakes, and long regen is ample punishment.

DW, on the other hand, is like a fast-paced beat-em-up. The fast regen is fitting because you’re constantly running from fray to fray. You’re also constantly bombarded with different ranged weaponry, or hits that you might not expect. Slow regen does not suit it.

Two very different games that need two very different health systems. DW is more like a light hearted brawler, whereas MW is much more serious.

• @Martys:

@rumpelstiltskin:

Please, leave CMW alone.

HP regen in CMW is perfect - it’s strong enough to regen your hp till next wave of enemies but weak enough to discourage people from hiding and regening health instead of fighting.

@Martys:

Two very different games that need two very different health systems. DW is more like a light hearted brawler, whereas MW is much more serious.

And let’s keep it that way. People who like DW more can play DW and people who like MW more can play MW, everyone’s happy.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

@Martys:

And let’s keep it that way. People who like DW more can play DW and people who like MW more can play MW, everyone’s happy.

You also forget that MW has Team Objective. Don’t think that’s ever going to make it to DW unless a really, REALLY dedicated user decides to mod it into DW.

• @omg87:

@rumpelstiltskin:

@Martys:

You also forget that MW has Team Objective. Don’t think that’s ever going to make it to DW unless a really, REALLY dedicated user decides to mod it into DW.

We don’t even know if it’s possible.

• The one thing that TB absolutely needs to port into C:MW is assist points. That’s a great feature.

• I am really tired of seeing post of people suggesting to bring mechanics from broken game to less broken one. DW feels like a total mess compare to mw. The tracer system is so bad. Imagine if you guys got your wish, what would that do? You would need to hit knight like 5-7 times to kill one, all during the TO, very time consuming. Fighting several people at the time would punish you even more. You want only mid swing to do max dmg, and punish people for actually trying. With that tracer system all you have is people blocking each other all day since drags would not worth it.
    Thats the game you would get. Vanguard takes 3-4 hits to kill maa, since you wont land just straight forward attack on any decent player. Maa would need 2-3 to kill vanguard since they don’t need to drag with one handed. Balance! You guys never wonder why in DW everyone just spams lmb and everyone does relatively ok? Thats cause the game is nerfed and main streamed where everyone can have fun. MW takes more skill than that. I do rather have dw patched with mw.

• @magilla:

Yes. In fact, with long health regen times, the need to survive is more encouraged. You are more cautious and careful about taking hits because you do not want to undertake the long regen time, during which you are more susceptible to death. For some it is not about racking up kills, but about K/D. Some people would rather be 14 and 2, whereas others might prefer to be 25 and 36. For the former, health management becomes a big aspect of the game, and dying is not preferable.

C:MW is slower paced because it is methodical and strategic. You don’t often see people flat out run from combat in the game. Melee is the centrefold. If you take enough hits in MW, you should be punished for your mistakes, and long regen is ample punishment.

DW, on the other hand, is like a fast-paced beat-em-up. The fast regen is fitting because you’re constantly running from fray to fray. You’re also constantly bombarded with different ranged weaponry, or hits that you might not expect. Slow regen does not suit it.

That makes sense, I can see your point. In fact I now realise that the DW and MW should remain different. People can always choose what suits them more and then play it, even though the absence of TO. But I still feel that both those that like to have good death/kill ration and those who don’t care should be on the same boat, encouraged to actually survive. Having to leave your team and wait for regen to do its work isn’t all that fun. You can’t always avoid damage. If not increase the regen rate for all then at least for MAA, their low armor means they take more damage and need to stay out of combat longer for each hit, which does not suit their fast play style + they tend to suck up more team damage due to their tendency to move unpredictably. Archers spend most time camping so regenerating is no problem for them.

If you excuse I am going to hold on to my point, though I don’t want the regen to be nearly as insane as in DW. I’d say that the delay before regen kicks in should be three times longer while the rate twice or thrice as fast as it is now in MW. This should still encourage people to avoid damage while not punishing those after a long, adrenaline-filled fight where they stayed with one last health point. I had this feeling that regen needs boost even before DW, it is only now that I actually tried it and realised how I love it but yes, I can see why MW should have it different.

• @Martys:

@magilla:

That makes sense, I can see your point. In fact I now realise that the DW and MW should remain different. People can always choose what suits them more and then play it, even though the absence of TO. But I still feel that both those that like to have good death/kill ration and those who don’t care should be on the same boat, encouraged to actually survive. Having to leave your team and wait for regen to do its work isn’t all that fun. You can’t always avoid damage. If not increase the regen rate for all then at least for MAA, their low armor means they take more damage and need to stay out of combat longer for each hit, which does not suit their fast play style + they tend to suck up more team damage due to their tendency to move unpredictably. Archers spend most time camping so regenerating is no problem for them.

If you excuse I am going to hold on to my point, though I don’t want the regen to be nearly as insane as in DW. I’d say that the delay before regen kicks in should be three times longer while the rate twice or thrice as fast as it is now in MW. This should still encourage people to avoid damage while not punishing those after a long, adrenaline-filled fight where they stayed with one last health point. I had this feeling that regen needs boost even before DW, it is only now that I actually tried it and realised how I love it but yes, I can see why MW should have it different.

I respectfully agree to disagree.

• @magilla:

C:MW is slower paced because it is methodical and strategic.

What? I just ran into people and killed the shit out of everyone until I was low on HP, backed off to regen then came back and killed the shit out of everyone again… pretty much like DW except I had to wait longer for regen but that didn’t make me any less prone to jump into 5 people at the same time lol. And in case you’re wondering, I’m the 50-4 type.

• @kywild:

@magilla:

What? I just ran into people and killed the shit out of everyone until I was low on HP, backed off to regen then came back and killed the shit out of everyone again… pretty much like DW except I had to wait longer for regen but that didn’t make me any less prone to jump into 5 people at the same time lol. And in case you’re wondering, I’m the 50-4 type.

really? even without spamming the bo staff? ;)

all jokes at your utter expense aside, i was not talking about goliath traipsing about on top of davids’ schoolmates (slapping silly defenseless players.) in a situation against other skilled players, there is more reluctance and strategy implemented in low-health situations.

• @magilla:

@kywild:

@magilla guerrilla:

really? even without spamming the bo staff? ;)

all jokes at your utter expense aside, i was not talking about goliath traipsing about on top of davids’ schoolmates (slapping silly defenseless players.) in a situation against other skilled players, there is more reluctance and strategy implemented in low-health situations.

There really isnt :P it’s all about being aggressive as fuck and putting up constant pressure otherwise you get overrun and end up dead. Having full HP or 1hp makes absolutely no difference at all as to how you should play a situation. I’ve been playing with and vs the best players in the scene since the day chiv grew a competitive community so don’t talk to me like im some sort of scrub. It’s always been about aggression, good communication and synergy with your team mates so you don’t get in eachothers way or leave enemies unchecked. You’re just as strong with 10 hp as you are with 100hp…

Tbh if you get scared of someone because he’s ‘good’ and you’re low on HP, you’re putting yourself at a huge disadvantage and might as well press F10.

And before you’re saying im contradicting myself, dont. My first post was about public play but since you changed the subject to competitive play, so did I.

• There really isnt :P it’s all about being aggressive as fuck and putting up constant pressure otherwise you get overrun and end up dead. Having full HP or 1hp makes absolutely no difference at all as to how you should play a situation. I’ve been playing with and vs the best players in the scene since the day chiv grew a competitive community so don’t talk to me like im some sort of scrub. It’s always been about aggression, good communication and synergy with your team mates so you don’t get in eachothers way or leave enemies unchecked. You’re just as strong with 10 hp as you are with 100hp…

If you’re playing against two players of equal or near skill to you, you can afford to force attacks depending on your class. However, I don’t see the logic in taking a purely aggressive tactic after health diminishes below 50% (in a solitary position.) Becoming the aggressor against two or more good players, one will always wait for you to make your attack, then strike you during the vulnerable moment. I disagree with you because at 100% HP, you have the ability to score a hit on one foe and suffer the attack from the other at least once. At <50%, you have to think more about your defensive stancing, as one strike can put you out of the fight. In a situation with solid backup, I see the rationality in focusing on the offensive. However, in MW you are more inclined to play carefully, considering that you may encounter the aforementioned scenario at a disadvantage.

Tbh if you get scared of someone because he’s ‘good’ and you’re low on HP, you’re putting yourself at a huge disadvantage and might as well press F10.

Fear and calculation are separated by a lengthy divide.

And before you’re saying im contradicting myself, dont. My first post was about public play but since you changed the subject to competitive play, so did I.

All I’m saying is that in MW I logically conserve health more than I do in DW, with similar results. Competitive or pub is besides the fact (there is no competitive nature left in MW/there will be none in DW anyways.)

• Moving all the mechanics over MIGHT get me to play MW again
    And I mean all

MW is just too familiar, shallow, and boring