Will VAC bans carry over to DW?

• Just a question, I have already purchased DW and was VAC banned from the original game. Will this ban carry over?

• Yes…

• Probably. It doesn’t seem like DW is going To be a separate game. As there is a new launcher and the workshop filter options.

So you’d be banned.

Don’t hack in the first place. Don’t hack at all.

• hahaha i remember that pretty clearly. Looks like you need a new steam account

try not hacking this time noobers.

• Yes it does… and you deserve it.

• Why would you buy the expansion after getting banned? :?

• Where there is always a certain number of false positives with bans I assume you are banned for good reason so you could just beg for a second chance or you are fucked as its your own dumb fault getting banned.

• Hi thanks for the responses:

I will try and address each one as best as I can

How do you know? Are any of the reply’s from a developer or is it stated somewhere that I have missed?

I understand you may think I deserve it and I’m not here looking for sympathy. Why did I hack? To be honest, it started out as a joke on my own server and became a steroid, you have to learn from your own mistakes or you haven’t learnt anything.

Why did I purchase the expansion after getting banned? Because I understand the effort the developers and community have put in to shaping this great game, I can afford it so why not continue my support for a great title I spent over 100 hours playing hack free and brought me many hours of fun and entertainment. The total cost to me for the full game and early access was less than a movie and I got more hours out of it - If I so wished I would just get it again on another account and edit my registry by running it as administrator so my new CD key over rights my old but there would be no need for this if the new MOD isn’t running from the same exe

As for begging for another chance - why would I put myself in a position that someone thinks they have some sort of god status over me? Begging is for tramps that have nothing.

Any way my same question stands to someone that has some clarity.

• @i3luevein:

why would I put myself in a position that someone thinks they have some sort of god status over me?

You mean, like, going onto a server and getting pounded on by a hacker? Good question. Why would anyone put themselves in that position?

The game runs on the same executable.

• Hi guys, let’s not let this progress any further. He asked a legitimate question, so even if you don’t agree with him, there is no need to turn this into a witch hunt.

As for the ban, yes, your VAC ban will indeed carry over.

Thank you.

• @i3luevein:

Any way my same question stands to someone that has some clarity.

If you want to play DW just create a new steam account and buy the game.

I would ask you don’t hack on the new account, but I am sure you will eventually :-)