Why are all the official servers switching to 100% FF?

• They’re unplayable. It’s bad enough when scrubs already do ridiculous amounts of team damage with lower FF damage, but 100%? Forget it. Can’t have a fun fight when your head gets lopped off by reckless LMB presses from your own team.

And not being able to play in 3rd person isn’t fun. I need it to know if I actually ducked under ranged attacks and that they didn’t just miss.

Revert these changes or you’ll drive this game to its death even faster.

• This is news to me.

If so then I would have to agree, MaA would get hurt really badly by this. As much as I encourage rules and lessons that make people learn to avoid team damage, some vanguards will just never learn.

Don’t really care for third person changes, don’t use it myself. Pro tip: You can tell if you have ducked ranged attacks if you are still breathing afterwards.

• @Marth_Koopa:

They’re unplayable. It’s bad enough when scrubs already do ridiculous amounts of team damage with lower FF damage, but 100%? Forget it. Can’t have a fun fight when your head gets lopped off by reckless LMB presses from your own team.

And not being able to play in 3rd person isn’t fun. I need it to know if I actually ducked under ranged attacks and that they didn’t just miss.

Hi there,

I’m not sure what you are talking about, but there is a very small handful of servers that are 100% FF/1st person (only 7). It’s there for those who wish to play in that way. Majority of the official servers are vanilla.

Thanks.

• Those servers have been populated more the last couple days than I’ve ever seen before. Perhaps the OP got confused because those were showing at the top of his list?

• There’s only one 100% team damage official server down here and its pretty much been there since release.

• There could be more servers like this.

100% FF might not be newbie-friendly but its more fun to play as people have to watch there strikes just as they should (I believe 50% FF causes more teamdamage to happen because people are just more careless). Running around like mad slashing like an idiot or shooting arrows into melee fights are just less viable. With 50% team damage striking right through your allies is a quite powerful tactic - you can’t do this with 100%.

Same goes for 1st person only. As people lose their ability to look around walls or behind their backs it opens more tactical options.

Actually I think its sad that people complain about 100% friendly fire and not being able to play in third person - but I guess its because I am old and the new generation just likes their games lighter and softer (hand holding etc.).

• @Evil:

There could be more servers like this.

100% FF might not be newbie-friendly but its more fun to play as people have to watch there strikes just as they should (I believe 50% FF causes more teamdamage to happen because people are just more careless). Running around like mad slashing like an idiot or shooting arrows into melee fights are just less viable. With 50% team damage striking right through your allies is a quite powerful tactic - you can’t do this with 100%.

Same goes for 1st person only. As people lose their ability to look around walls or behind their backs it opens more tactical options.

Actually I think its sad that people complain about 100% friendly fire and not being able to play in third person - but I guess its because I am old and the new generation just likes their games lighter and softer (hand holding etc.).

Pretty much totally agree. Sick of 1 v N* fights turning into ‘look how many times we can swing through each other to hit you’. 100% FF and flinch please, those who cant deal with it can go back to 32 player FFA servers or whatever it is they do.

• oh man, that is awful for pubs hahaha

• @Evil:

Complaining about 100% FF is completely justified. Why shouldn’t I be allowed to complain when I cannot control the actions of some fuckhead Vanguard who swings through you? The 50% FF option is the only saving grace from idiot team mates who have not yet learned that there is more to this game than the left mouse button.

• @Evil:

Too true, they don’t know how to game these days, lifes too easy ;)

• Official servers with 100% ff and minimum rank (30 or 40 for example) would be neat

• @afiNity:

Official servers with 100% ff and minimum rank (30 or 40 for example) would be neat

I’ve tried ranked servers 30+ but no one used them, so I got rid of them. So with this one, I’m thinking that those who would like to play more “hardcore” can join these ones with a bunch of high ranks and see how it goes. So at least they have the option to see if they’d like to play that way or not. Plus good for people who’d like to join clans.

• @Kimiko:

@Marth_Koopa:

They’re unplayable. It’s bad enough when scrubs already do ridiculous amounts of team damage with lower FF damage, but 100%? Forget it. Can’t have a fun fight when your head gets lopped off by reckless LMB presses from your own team.

Hi there,

I’m not sure what you are talking about, but there is a very small handful of servers that are 100% FF/1st person (only 7). It’s there for those who wish to play in that way. Majority of the official servers are vanilla.

Thanks.

My favourite servers, the Team Objective US East and Central servers with 32 player caps, no longer exist and have been replaced in my favourites with 100% FF First-person only servers that nobody plays on anymore because the team damage was simply unbearable. My only option now is the Toronto ping limit server for 32 player Team Objective servers. I can’t pay on the US West 32p TO server because the ping is too much for me.

• @Marth_Koopa:

My favourite servers, the Team Objective US East and Central servers with 32 player caps, no longer exist and have been replaced in my favourites with 100% FF First-person only servers that nobody plays on anymore because the team damage was simply unbearable. My only option now is the Toronto ping limit server for 32 player Team Objective servers. I can’t pay on the US West 32p TO server because the ping is too much for me.

I never took servers from TO at all, just things got moved around. It’s possible they are down, but I have a LOT of servers I need to sort through in general, so I’ll be adding more regular TO servers.

• I love fighting 1vN fights and positioning myself in such a way as to encourage my enemies to TK each other…

• @Kimiko:

@Marth_Koopa:

Hi there,

Thanks.

Perhaps the damage test being unknown and tested live leads to this type of missinformation?

• btw I also think the server browser doesn’t show true FF damage % correctly (when right clicking and selecting show server connection info) so it might be confusing some people