SDK excitement !!!!!

• So I viewed all maps and scoured for the colored lines designating a custom SDK map.

Bingo I found one that was not empty!

And it started to download automatically the files needed.

And then I was in, ok TDM is not my favorite mode but being in an unfamiliar map was totally worth it.

Got killed 3 times and then kicked for ping to high (I think the server was in Spain judging from the commentary).

But hey it was awesome, so much potential.

I would like a filter on the server browser so I can just find custom SDK maps. It would help focus people on finding them, increase participation and prolong the game.

Overall very cool and now I am revitalized to work on my custom map specification.

• There’s a Brazilian one and Australian one and a US one that are permanent. Other Temporary servers pop up every now and again.

Its always the Brazilian one that has people on it.

Problem is most people think the custom servers wont work. The US and AUS ones were up before the SDK was properly finished and you had to do that thing in Yarnu’s Video to get the maps to work. People think its still broken.

• I have a server that I put up. It’s called: Kimiko’s Custom Maps Rotation #1 (US Central). I’ll be getting more up eventually, but for now, that’s to start. Still tweaking the maps though, cause some of them aren’t working right.

• Looks to be pretty popular :P

• @HiveGaming:

Looks to be pretty popular :P

…I might have promised naked pictures of me.

• I’m currently administering the Games.On.Net custom server in Australia. It often has people on it though I wish more were there. I have put most of the stable maps in rotation.

There’s a few TO maps now: The Blue Hour, Motte and Bailey, Death Valley, and Siege.

• @Dr:

I’m currently administering the Games.On.Net custom server in Australia. It often has people on it though I wish more were there. I have put most of the stable maps in rotation.

There’s a few TO maps now: The Blue Hour, Motte and Bailey, Death Valley, and Siege.

What is the name of the the Server? because I can’t see any of them running custom maps in Australia.

• @Midas:

@Dr:

I’m currently administering the Games.On.Net custom server in Australia. It often has people on it though I wish more were there. I have put most of the stable maps in rotation.

What is the name of the the Server? because I can’t see any of them running custom maps in Australia.

All custom map servers have a pink name instead of the standard white one. You can’t miss it.

• @lemonater47:

@Midas:

@Dr:

All custom map servers have a pink name instead of the standard white one. You can’t miss it.

Yeah, can see it now.

I had hide empty servers turned on in filter settings, too bad the player population in Aus has dwindled down so much, miss the glory days when Chiv first released.

• @Midas:

@Dr:

It’s called games.on.net #3 NSW Custom maps[server:2h4oc2wo]59.167.241.68:7777[/server:2h4oc2wo].

I was thinking of changing the name to “Dr z0b’s custom map rotation” or something. After all Yarnu got his own server!

• @Dr:

@Midas:

@Dr z0b:

It’s called games.on.net #3 NSW Custom maps[server:310eawz1]59.167.241.68:7777[/server:310eawz1].

I was thinking of changing the name to “Dr z0b’s custom map rotation” or something. After all Yarnu got his own server!

Then I would need a server.

• I’m actually enjoying the custom maps a lot more than I thought I would. I didn’t like Blue Hour or Motte and Bailey that much, but Malric’s Manor and this one TO map I don’t know the name of were great. The TO map was like, having to capture a bridge, then breach the castle ramparts and secure the castle gate lever, then kill some peasants. It was a huge map that would be amazing on a 32+ server. There was also a TDM map that was like a town but very very dark, I thought it was a ton of fun, too. It reminded me of Thief 1.

• only excited for SDK update to support game mods like chiv+ finally

other then that, dont care, ded gaem

• I want custom maps to work!

I got in one one time (must have been Malric’s Manor, from the look of it) and when it continued on the rotation I took 10+ minutes to load and figured I would be best served just force exiting the game.

Every other time I’ve tried there’s been an issue. One time I got a weird error message, but usually it just sits there loading (the screen with tooltips and the gears moving) indefinitely (or so it would appear). I almost got into one yesterday, I could see half the map loaded (like I was about to be able to select my team/class) but it never got past that point…

I really REALLY want to play custom maps.

• Go GO custom maps !!! Can’t wait to see mod servers in Eu :)

Already lots of amazing maps all around, so congratz to the modders !

• @SOC:

I’m actually enjoying the custom maps a lot more than I thought I would. I didn’t like Blue Hour or Motte and Bailey that much, but Malric’s Manor and this one TO map I don’t know the name of were great. The TO map was like, having to capture a bridge, then breach the castle ramparts and secure the castle gate lever, then kill some peasants. It was a huge map that would be amazing on a 32+ server. There was also a TDM map that was like a town but very very dark, I thought it was a ton of fun, too. It reminded me of Thief 1.

That’s my TO map. It’s called Siege7 but that’s just the working title whilst in beta. I think I’ll rename it BloodyDawn or something. Glad to hear you’re enjoying it.