What is the best way to beat each class and why.

• I see far to many topics skate around this topic. State the easiest way to beat each class and number of swings in order to accomplish the act. Ie zwei “ash-apk-ash” 3 swings via van.

• It depends more on the playstyle and skill than the actual class.

• This topic is in the wrong subforum (should be in “Tactics and Tutorials”). But to the topic: Shooting them with a siege engine is the most secure method to beat somebody. Other than that it depends on the class you are playing.

General counters:

Archers:
    Pick up a shield, use cover and get close - but not too close. Try to stay out of his melee reach if possible and trade - Archers suck at trading espcially if their weapon is too short to actually hit you. Do not panic ever. Stay calm and focussed and do not underestimate them in melee.

Men at Arms:
    Do not fight honorable. If you fight like a gentleman you will end up as a corpse. Aggressive dirty combat is what you want. Trick him to get in range of your attacks or to waste his stamina. If possible don’t fight them alone but in groups - in single combat MaA are strongest and they grow weaker when groups grow bigger.

Vanguard:
    Just. Shoot. Him.

Knight:
    Use speed and reach to stay away. Make him chase you. Make him miss. Move in, attack, move out. Do not trade blows. Watch your stamina. If you run low you will die. Don’t try too many dirty tricks - in most cases he can just go for a hittrade.

• There is a bandage you can apply to beating all classes, and i can sum it up in three words:
    Third person view.

• @Evil:

This topic is in the wrong subforum (should be in “Tactics and Tutorials”). But to the topic: Shooting them with a siege engine is the most secure method to beat somebody. Other than that it depends on the class you are playing.

General counters:

Archers:
    Pick up a shield, use cover and get close - but not too close. Try to stay out of his melee reach if possible and trade - Archers suck at trading espcially if their weapon is too short to actually hit you. Do not panic ever. Stay calm and focussed and do not underestimate them in melee.

Men at Arms:
    Do not fight honorable. If you fight like a gentleman you will end up as a corpse. Aggressive dirty combat is what you want. Trick him to get in range of your attacks or to waste his stamina. If possible don’t fight them alone but in groups - in single combat MaA are strongest and they grow weaker when groups grow bigger.

Vanguard:
    Just. Shoot. Him.

Knight:
    Use speed and reach to stay away. Make him chase you. Make him miss. Move in, attack, move out. Do not trade blows. Watch your stamina. If you run low you will die. Don’t try too many dirty tricks - in most cases he can just go for a hittrade.

Was this an intended derail or something you seriously believe? If you honestly believe in this stratagem please state in more explicit terms how you would use it against each class.

Just to clarify I’m not asking how to kill each class in generalized fashion. I want each person in here to reflect on what you use before posting in I got killed by X and this is Y. I want you to say i got killed using .1x+.2x+.05x. Or as i said in the original post just mentioned use the swing you used that got roflestompped by the competition.

• Allright: Heavy Crossbow - 1 Headshot. Why? Because it kills him.

• Man at Arms: Use archer.

Vanguard: Use archer.

Knight: Use archer.

Archer: Use archer.

Why? Because nothing can stop you except other archers.

• You’re still on the rant about archers after all this time, i pity you for not being able to kill a poor archer in melee, a maa who lose to an archer in let’s say a first to 7, he’s simply a big noob, it’s simply impossible if you know how to dodge and feint, and actually it’s the same for every class.

• use pokes only

• Thrusting dagger overhead spam.

• @lemonater47:

It depends more on the playstyle and skill than the actual class.

This. I hate how people immediately assume the results of a fight are class and weapon based, rather than skill based.

• @B4RK:

@lemonater47:

It depends more on the playstyle and skill than the actual class.

This. I hate how people immediately assume the results of a fight are class and weapon based, rather than skill based.

Because a knight with a flanged mace dueling a MAA has a great chance to win.

When people speak of matchups, its generally assumed after a skill threshold has been reached between both players.