These servers..

• Alright. I’m going to be frank, and my name’s not Frank. These multiplay servers are acting absolutely awful. Vote rotation for gametype in official public servers is absolutely awful. I know it’s getting late in the game here guys, but something legitimately should be done about the status of these servers. At least from my experience (East coast.)

I wouldn’t feed these official servers to my dogs if they were starving. I’m lucky if I can play for 30 minutes at a time for constant killstreak and bug crashes, but when I do, I can be almost assured that the server will desync or the connection to the host will time out. I have a tendency to be dramatic and I’m not even fluffing this up. Vote rotation is terrible because at any time you might have zero selection as to what you’re playing.

Also, the pings. The servers are so inefficient that in any given game you’ll see large groups running about with over 140 ping. I never saw this in MW. This is game-breaking because any BR from the favela knows that if he practices long enough, latency is a huge asset. Or if he just swings wildly with the occasional shadowstep.

Either way the servers are bogus. I know they’re cheap, but we bought the product early as a labour of love to you guys because many of us hoped to recapture what we found in MW. I’m asking you; please don’t present people with this on game release tomorrow.

• I’m curious as to how much others are suffering from lag. Personally, I will join a server that lists my ping at >100…usually in the 60’s. Every so often I will completely lag out, maybe a solid 2-3 seconds of time where I’m not getting info from the server. This usually leads to my demise.

I thought it could have been a poor connection on my end. Since I’m usually killed in this window I assumed others were not having this problem.

I would feel a lot better knowing it was the server and not something on my end.

• This was to be expected when they once again went with multiplay, aka the worst provider in the known universe. If they by chance had OK performance in the states in CMW, it was just luck that the servers happened to be on one of their only machines not sucked dry on performance, and without serious connection issues.

Welcome to the hate train! :fight:

• @JonnyJ:

I would feel a lot better knowing it was the server and not something on my end.

It’s not just your connection.

@kywild:

This was to be expected when they once again went with multiplay, aka the worst provider in the known universe. If they by chance had OK performance in the states in CMW, it was just luck that the servers happened to be on one of their only machines not sucked dry on performance, and without serious connection issues.

HA, that might be so. I was pretty content with server performance in the states in MW, so I could never have expected this outcome in regards to DW.

I understand that player hosted servers are a workaround, but the official servers are part of the product. Why should they be so offputting and absurdly bad?

• @magilla:

I understand that player hosted servers are a workaround, but the official servers are part of the product. Why should they be so offputting and absurdly bad?

Yea its stupid… now you know why we europeans have made so many ‘why multiplay’ threads :/