Deadliest Warrior Beta Patch 4

• User Interface / General
    -HUD now scales with resolution (HUD elements become smaller as screen resolution is reduced below 1920x1080, to maintain the same size relative to the screen; above 1920x1080, HUD elements do not grow larger).
    -Player profile screen improvements. Added icons, improved descriptions, loading indicator.
    -Updated team colors for text. (Black team is now visible in chat)
    -Duel UI changes - more feedback.
    -Duel - After challenging someone tapping 1 will no longer continually bring up the challenge accept animation.
    -Duel - Always denying a duel no longer causes the denied animation to stay on the screen of challenger.
    -Post-game screen is complete: Vote icons update properly and chat functionality added.
    -Post-game winning team is properly displayed.
    -Updated vote screen visuals.
    -Map loading screens updated.
    -Scoreboard and escape menu fixes.
    -3D pawns in main menu use default customizations, aren’t on Blue Team.
    -Credits music now plays.
    -Fixed multiple Scaleform-related crashes.

Customization
    -Customizations set more reliably. Model/skin changes fixed.
    -Fixed next/previous weapon commands when pawn is frozen.
    -Ninja and samurai will no longer load with double katanas and double ninjatos.
    -Tweaked some textures on the viking FP arms and on Pirate rum bottles.
    -Weapon descriptions added.
    -Knight tabard patterns added.
    -Main menu, join game, and credits updated.
    -Viking banner animation updated.
    -Customization and class selection (loadout screen) now properly handles ranks
    -The player profile screen now properly shows previous unlock progress bars
    -Player profile unlock screen now properly displays all accessories, titles and weapons
    -Hole in ninja ground fixed. Redid ninja roof lightmaps. They’re actually decent now.
    -Fixed knight customization strings being missing.
    -Fixed Random button in loadout screen.
    -Fixed dual wield attachments on character select screen.

Gameplay
    -Fixed Ninja high jump.
    -Ninja sickle dodge updated.
    -Knight/spartan flag animation updates.
    -Reduced Ninja Bo Staff damage (Overhead: 70 -> 60 damage; Stab: 60 -> 45).
    -Pirates throwing pistol at point blank no longer causes the pistol to be stuck in the pirates hand allowing no action.
    -Player’s decapitation and headshots are now properly displayed / awarded.
    -LTS round delay. (More warm up time before first round, less time between individual rounds).
    -PTB now properly takes 5 caps to win
    -First blood no longer gets reported mid match.
    -Kill Joy is now functioning properly. Players that kill another with a streak of 2 or more kills are awarded bonus points (scales with streak length)

Maps
    -Various map collision fixes, spawn fixes.
    -Proper gate model added in Bamboo map.
    -Valley water color tweaked.
    -Fjord roof ornaments, dragons on stave church.
    -Improved Bamboo performance.
    -Improved Isle foliage painting some optimization
    -Training Bug fixes and Gauntlet tweaks.
    -Bamboo variation processing/character light consistency pass.
    -Fixed hole in Bamboo ground.
    -Fixed spawns in LTS Fjord causing players to fall through the map.
    -Fixed collision in Fortress.

Server and Networking
    -Fixed autobalance server crash.
    -Fixed server browser game mode filter.
    -Fixed vote map list when the game mode is invalid.

• -Ninja and samurai will no longer load with double katanas and double ninjatos

…I am now a sad panda :( that was rather cool.

• Awesome! I’m assuming this is the last ‘beta’ patch before release, since it’s full release sometime tomorrow. Keep up the good work down there at TBS

• Great patch guys (and girls)!!!

• Very pleased with this patch, on first look it looks good enough to release tomorrow, even if there aren’t any more updated between this and release :D

• Ugh, they’ve still neglected to fix the bug where after a Ninja dodges, if the Ninja attacks as soon as he is out of the roll he is stuck in place.

• Hi chivalry (or other who can help me) after the update before this one, my chivalry Deadliest Warrior start screen been full with many different colors and when i go to a game, are my screen black, but i can still se the health and stamina bar. when i use my mouse then it make a trace.
    please help me i want to play again! :(

have a good day. -Zuma

• @Flippy:

Ugh, they’ve still neglected to fix the bug where after a Ninja dodges, if the Ninja attacks as soon as he is out of the roll he is stuck in place.

Actually it seems to work for me, it’s a little laggy but movement is preserved :D

Although I noticed the duel map is pretty laggy, getting low FPS, around 60-80 regardless of my settings (used to get pretty steady 120 fps). Haven’t tested other maps yet, hopefully this is resolved.

• Seems nice so far overall.

No servers on the West side of NA up though… everything has horrendous ping that I can connect to.
    What I was able to find out is that, the customization is still broken. It did work for 1 match, though.

Audio cues for projectiles is still missing. They simply do not play, if they shooter is far enough away.
    I’ll get hit with a silent jav, & turn to see a Spartan running towards me.

Malev

• Developer

@CeeCe:

@Lucas:

-HUD now scales with resolution (HUD elements become smaller as screen resolution is reduced below 1920x1080, to maintain the same size relative to the screen; above 1920x1080, HUD elements do not grow larger).
    Yeah I’d go ahead and turn that one off, it doesn’t seem to be working right
    Please attach a screenshot if you’re encountering scaling issues. Thanks.

• Best patch so far.
    Really glad to see the Ninja roll fixed!

• Great work guys and good luck with launch tomorrow.

• am i the only one ninja when kicking got stuck to the ground?

also the HUD not scalling rightly
    print - http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/6078/y1t2.jpg

edit: attached the picture

edit 2 - look at the ammo indicator - http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7574/0b2m.jpg

• Weapons culling box is messed up for FOV of 120.

• @Malev:

Audio cues for projectiles is still missing. They simply do not play, if they shooter is far enough away.
    I’ll get hit with a silent jav, & turn to see a Spartan running towards me.

Malev

This. Can’t tell if I’ve hit someone sometimes, as the reticle sometimes doesn’t turn red when hitting a projectile as well if they’re far enough.

• Still unable to move after a heavy kick as ninja with Bo Staff. Other than that haven’t noticed any major issues, besides no sound from sprear throws from spartans.

Oh and on some duel servers the map wouldnt change/reset after it was over, can’t tell if this is a game issue or just those specific servers.

• @FallDown:

Still unable to move after a heavy kick as ninja with Bo Staff. Other than that haven’t noticed any major issues, besides no sound from sprear throws from spartans.

Did they REALLY not fix that bug when i reported it 3 weeks ago?

• @CRUSHED:

@FallDown:

Still unable to move after a heavy kick as ninja with Bo Staff. Other than that haven’t noticed any major issues, besides no sound from sprear throws from spartans.

They may of not seen it. I never saw you post it but I saw someone else post it a it a week ago.

And they finally fixed falling through the ground. They were there in the alpha. And they were the two annoying ones.

• @CRUSHED:

@FallDown:

i only noticed that bug on this patch

• It seems you guys are running in circles trying to tweak everything before official. Hope the customization and stuff works now, will be good to get back to battle. Good job on the fixes and keep up the sick work. =o
    Everything should get good and smooth in a patch or two.