Speedhack or overclock bug?

• Is there still a bug where overclocking leads to higher speed?

There is this guy, I see him for at least two months now. He is rank 35-40 but not very good, plays more like someone below 30 actually. Yes I know rank != skill but you get what I am saying. But everytime I connect on a server where he is, he is on top of the scoreboard. And noone cares and noone says a word. But the thing is, he actually has a kind of speedhack. All his attacks hit like 0.2 seconds before they should. He always has a good ping around 30-50. The animations are normal, but you get hit before his sword visually connects. Only 2 other player noticed it during these 2 months. I get so mad when every kickvote fails, even after explaining it.

So is there still such a bug or does he really hack? I will make a video sometime, I’m kinda lazy.

• What’s his name?

• Is it KONGEN?

• I am not allowed to tell his name :x

• Just in the few days I’ve been back, I’ve encountered a number of players who have a personal speed field. It makes everyone around them fast.

• friends and I saw a guy the other day that was using speedhack, but he could change speed on the fly. He was kind of smart about it though because he actually SLOWED his swings down hahaha. This guy was dragging for like 1.5- 2 seconds per swing

• I have seen people come into games with 30-50ms pings but they have obvious ping as the vast majority of their swings are ghost attacks and they have to run in loopy circles to try and hit anyone (because they can’t see the real position of the other players). Nevertheless the ghost swings catch a lot of people (especially when its a maul or double axe) and the tards approach the top of the scoreboard.

• I’ve had the overclock bug happen to me once personally, I have my processor OC’d from 3.8 to 4.7 GHz.
    It happened directly after an update, restarting the PC fixed it. I actually have some in game footage of it. :D
    It occured only a few weeks ago.

• Tbh I have seen about 5 of these types in the last 2 months all vanguards. rank 52, 50,49 ish.
    Its not enough they are the overpowered class but actually have to resort to this rubbish.

I have mentioned before that players are quite happy to call vote kick for the slightest amount of team damages but not even consider the fact the k/d ratio is warped and by these irregular vans.

If your interested this is an interesting quote

That said, officially- any maneuver used in combat is a combat technique. (Even floor sniffing) and is considered legal by us on the official servers. So you won’t find me complaining about any of that or ‘weapon exploits’ - the only exploit is people being sore losers rather than sportive players which is why I think the competitive scene is really dead.

As a pub player with over 500 hours under my belt as knight , sword of war and norse or holywater
    that user =p who said that tells me that its of no wonder the pubs are full of these cads and bounders
    who are viewed as legal by the official servers.

These are lawless times we are in and its now quite clear the wagons are now in a circle and under
    siege by the attacking force. With nobody to protect us the loyal honest folk looking for fair lands to
    explore.
    :D

• I have only seen somebody do this once and i’m not sure if it was just because of his high ping or what…
    But there was certainly a lot of people running around him who were getting speed boosts…
    Idk…

Moderator Edit: You do not need to post your video on every single post you make.

• @GamerGods:

I have only seen somebody do this once and i’m not sure if it was just because of his high ping or what…
    But there was certainly a lot of people running around him who were getting speed boosts…
    Idk…

Also:

there’s a video section, no need to spam your video on every post.

• @clayton-bigsby:

@GamerGods:

I have only seen somebody do this once and i’m not sure if it was just because of his high ping or what…
    Idk…

Also:

there’s a video section, no need to spam your video on every post.

He knows there’s a video section that’s where he first posted it.

There’s also something called a signature.

• @fvonb:

Is there still a bug where overclocking leads to higher speed?

There is this guy, I see him for at least two months now. He is rank 35-40 but not very good, plays more like someone below 30 actually. Yes I know rank != skill but you get what I am saying. But everytime I connect on a server where he is, he is on top of the scoreboard. And noone cares and noone says a word. But the thing is, he actually has a kind of speedhack. All his attacks hit like 0.2 seconds before they should. He always has a good ping around 30-50. The animations are normal, but you get hit before his sword visually connects. Only 2 other player noticed it during these 2 months. I get so mad when every kickvote fails, even after explaining it.

So is there still such a bug or does he really hack? I will make a video sometime, I’m kinda lazy.

Can you PM me his name/ID and I’ll try and look into it.

thanks,

Monkeyfiend

• last night on a team deathmatch there was an archer that was transporting back just like a MAA does. i took a swing at him and he jumped back really fast. i mentioned it in chat bar and no response. he must have done it to other people because i saw it on chat bar and then a votekick was started on him. he was finally kicked after the third votekick. i don’t know if he was speedhacking or what, but it sure looked weird to see an archer do the MAA electric slide. and speaking of ground sniffers…there was a maul knight ground sniffing and i noticed he was getting lighting fast overhead hits on those who would attack him. well, i dispatched him several times rather easily…or i thought he made it easy to kill him by just sitting there without moving…and then there was the maul knight that was doing the matrix look up and behind and do an overhead strike…it sure looked funny…right up until i decapped him…ah, good times, good times…

• I’ve had people complain about my speed, I’m about rank 47 and you know, I don’t feel any faster than anyone else, but sometimes I have frame rate bubble issues where I I don’t know if it’s computer or network lag into the wall and get sliced from behind wondering what happened.
    That’s only caused because I have a shitty, outdated, overheating computer. Scum dell.
    =p lol
    Sometimes when I’m thinking ahead a couple swings and heads are flying though I get a little QQ at me, but it’s always negated by my honor and valor in battle. Who the hell would cheat on this game, it’s too fun and good on it’s own. xD

• A system overclock such as cpu, gpu, or memory overclock isn’t going to make anyone faster in game. Speedhacks are usually done with changing system time, changing timing routines of the OS, or changing timing routines of the individual application being hacked, and I’m sure there are others I’m not away of. There are multiple ways it can be done.

The older way can be explained laymen’s terms as, the game being hacked is made to think the system time is running slower than it actually is.

The point is, a proper system overclock won’t act as a speedhack in an application.

edit:
    Just encountered an article that might indicate otherwise with Windows 8, although I haven’t done any additional research into the matter. But if what the article says is true, it actually may be possible to have speedhack like affect with using post-bios/uefi software to OC in windows 8.
    http://www.extremetech.com/computing/16 … cking-site

edit:
    Googled a few forums indicating there are some people that are getting kicked off game servers by automatic hack detection for “speedhacking” while using Windows 8 and an overclocked system. If it’s true, I suppose more microsoft failure helping to accelerate Linux in becoming a mainstream gaming platform isn’t a bad thing. At least people won’t have to pay $100-200 or pirate every time they want to buy a new gaming PC.

• @dpunk:

A system overclock such as cpu, gpu, or memory overclock isn’t going to make anyone faster in game.

Then you don’t know Chivalry very well. Furthermore, this bug was confirmed like a year ago. It’s a rare glitch.

• You don’t have to insult people just because you think they said something incorrect.

• @dpunk:

You don’t have to insult people just because you think they said something incorrect.

Who insulted you?

Also this bug/glitch was confirmed to happen with overclocking CPU, the leader of kila made a video about it showing it a while ago.

• Solid information, dpunk. Thank you!