Please disable team damage in spawn areas

• No reason why we need FF in spawn zones. Actually, griefers need it.

• +1,000,000

• This would certainly help cut down on the number of votekicks for people who take a playful punch at the beginning of the match and show up as having dealt 100% team damage.

• I get what you guys are saying, but i’d rather know someone is trying to TK me at the spawn point then trying to figure out whats happening when archers are trying to fill me with arrows and i’m fighting 2-3 enemies and parrying against my retard friends’ (Van Guards) LMB spam, i just don’t need to be looking for the TK’er amongst that.

It also helps being a spawn point because then other players that spawn can see what a tard the TK’er is being and then you generally end up with a successful votekick against the TK-tard.

I do think they need to change the noise that kick makes when it hits someone in the arse though. Too often you have to kick someone out of the way of main thoroughfare and they get all sensitive because they think you hit them.

• Absolutely!!! - This is a genius idea!
    I’m all for this!

Moderator Edit: You do not need to post your video on every single post you make.

• while team spawn protection would seem like a good idea, implementing it would be very tricky since no mechanic of its type exists at the moment.

Additionally even if a mechanic was placed in, it would also interfere with certain gamemodes - such as FFA (where technically everyone is on agatha).

It’s still a good idea, but suspect the cost in dev time versus the benefit gained would place it lower down on list of priorities.

• Also people wi be mashing each other in spawn. It would only make it more likely for them to do it when they leave the spawn area.

• although a little hard line, I often see people with 100% team damage getting successfully kicked at start of round.

My usual response is: if they’d didn’t want to get kickvoted they shouldn’t have been swinging or kicking in the spawn :P

• @MonkeyFiend:

although a little hard line, I often see people with 100% team damage getting successfully kicked at start of round.

My usual response is: if they’d didn’t want to get kickvoted they shouldn’t have been swinging or kicking in the spawn :P

You don’t know about the trolls do you.

There are people out there who will provoke you into striking back right in the beggining. They then votekick you and the vote is usually succesful becuase it has 100%.

And some peoeple kick others in spawn as they are in the way they are blocking.

Don’t admin kick them unless you saw it with your own eyes or the whole team is complaining about a guy LMB mashing in spawn (best make sure its not people all in the same clan complaining). I cancel the votekick. If they are a bad person they will do it again and then they get a ban.

• If you damage a teammate in spawn you should instantly die. Problem solved.

• I see problems with spawns that can be reached by enemies or changes owner at some point. Hillside is a perfect example: Agatha just burned the Pyre and some poor Mason is surrounded by recently spawned Agatha fighters. He can’t even defend himself because they just slash right through each other doing nothing.

• @lemonater47:

@MonkeyFiend:

although a little hard line, I often see people with 100% team damage getting successfully kicked at start of round.

There are people out there who will provoke you into striking back right in the beggining. They then votekick you and the vote is usually succesful becuase it has 100%.

Don’t admin kick them unless you saw it with your own eyes or the whole team is complaining about a guy LMB mashing in spawn (best make sure its not people all in the same clan complaining). I cancel the votekick. If they are a bad person they will do it again and then they get a ban.

spot on. Countless times ive had a twosome provoke me by hitting me constantly and then saying I tk and try to get me kicked. big putoff .

• @Sol:

@lemonater47:

@MonkeyFiend:

spot on. Countless times ive had a twosome provoke me by hitting me constantly and then saying I tk and try to get me kicked. big putoff .

Just happened to me the other day. So irritating.

• It’s a mystery why this wonderful game attracts so many lovely people.

Moderator Edit: Please don’t insult other players. Thank you.

• I would support a move to disable team damage in spawn areas and at end of game.
    Although not an excuse, having left base to be sniped by our archers, set on fire by a team maa on way to fight also and as I battle the enemy then be killed by a team vanguard, its quite easy to want to kill the nearest thing to you which can be a re spawn murder , tempted but no I have never killed or kicked any player in spawn but its easier to simply leave the arena and return later or the next day.
    or another way is to say in team chat base team killer here and not return blows even if it means getting killed. Quite often they will be voted off and if a certain admins are about they get banned , end of.

• but why get ‘provoked’ since that’s what they want?

Someone smacks you in the spawn, kickvote them. If you hit them back, they then kickvote you and you have high teamdamage and get kicked… so why would anyone fight back: just kickvote them and be done with it.

Also pressing M in the spawn and choosing the same class tends to respawn you back on full health

• @lemonater47:

Also people wi be mashing each other in spawn. It would only make it more likely for them to do it when they leave the spawn area.

It wouldn’t matter if people mash in spawn if td was disabled there. And if they continue to do it outside spawn then that is plain old intentional td and should be dealt with accordingly.

• @Flippy:

It’s a mystery why this wonderful game attracts so many inbred monkeys.

Ever play CoD or battlefield?

• @Ready:

@Flippy:

Mount and blades community is far worse.

• @lemonater47:

@Ready:

@Flippy:

Mount and blades community is far worse.

Not only worse than cod, but far worse? Holy shit! Thats unimaginable. Im going off topic on my own thread but still, wow