Pathetic Release.

• When I go to change my resolution, this is not what I would like to see in a fully released game.

!

Aside from that, the animations are still goofy aswell.

There is no voice chat even though the original Chiv has that.

The animations which aren’t goofy are just from chivalry.

The maps are way to big for free for alls, or small amounts of players.

The gamemodes aren’t that great compared to the original chivalry.

I am getting lower FPS now than during the beta.
    [Specs Incase you think my computer sucks]

! Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130531-1504)
    ! Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    ! System Manufacturer: ASUS
    ! System Model: All Series
    ! BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/07/13 16:22:10 Ver: 03.09
    ! Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
    ! Memory: 8192MB RAM
    ! Available OS Memory: 8132MB RAM
    ! Page File: 2743MB used, 13579MB available
    ! Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    ! DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    ! DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    ! User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    ! System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    ! DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    ! DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode

Animation and hit detection seems to be bugged still aswell, being hit a few times without seeing any animation play at all, a few other people said the same. Well they would have said it, if someone had bothered to port the chiv voice communication system in.

The unlock system still doesn’t work fully, so far it only saves my progress every second time I play. While having already over 100 kills with spartan, I have not gained any levels, but with just 12 kills as a viking I am level 2.

Why is this no where near as well done as the original chivalry, I thought Tornbanner had a larger team and more resources now.

I think this is extremely disapointing in terms of quality, for a game that really doesn’t have to do much more than reskin and restat assets that already exist, it is pretty obvious with the deplicate animations that is exactly what has happened aswell, I just don’t see how it can be this buggy then.

• When I go to change my resolution, this is not what I would like to see in a fully released game.

Same, that’s not even surprise me, i’m smiling when i see that, this show once again how novice they are…

• This game just proves TBS doesn’t give a fuck, and are just in it for the money.

• Minor issues, besides that the game is working great for me and I’m enjoying it immensily with many other peoples. You guys are entitled to your opinnion ofcourse :P

• Sounds like an opinion from someone with a bad computer.

• @KittyKitsune:

When I go to change my resolution, this is not what I would like to see in a fully released game.

!

Aside from that, the animations are still goofy aswell.

There is no voice chat even though the original Chiv has that.

The animations which aren’t goofy are just from chivalry.

The maps are way to big for free for alls, or small amounts of players.

The gamemodes aren’t that great compared to the original chivalry.

Animation and hit detection seems to be bugged still aswell, being hit a few times without seeing any animation play at all, a few other people said the same. Well they would have said it, if someone had bothered to port the chiv voice communication system in.

The unlock system still doesn’t work fully, so far it only saves my progress every second time I play. While having already over 100 kills with spartan, I have not gained any levels, but with just 12 kills as a viking I am level 2.

Why is this no where near as well done as the original chivalry, I thought Tornbanner had a larger team and more resources now.

I think this is extremely disapointing in terms of quality, for a game that really doesn’t have to do much more than reskin and restat assets that already exist, it is pretty obvious with the deplicate animations that is exactly what has happened aswell, I just don’t see how it can be this buggy then.

You bitch about fps and say you have a good computer, then the first thing in your specs I read is Windows 8. Are you for fucking real? The character animations look fine to me. Of course there is some recycled content from Chivalry MW, it’s an expansion not another standalone. There are medium and small versions of all maps, either play on those or play with more people. Your personal opinion that the gamemodes aren’t fun is just that: a personal opinion. So don’t go throwing it around as if it’s a fact in a list of flaws. Overall you have maybe one or two legitimate gripes in your list. This is the kind of angry bitch-out posts that piss me off. It’s just completely unnecessary negativity instead of actually useful feedback.

• The resolution “textfield” thing is just a minor load bug, djizuz, give it a few seconds and it shows the numbers >.< go away kid, nobody likes a whiney.

• @Oy:

You bitch about fps and say you have a good computer, then the first thing in your specs I read is Windows 8. Are you for fucking real?

So windows 8 users shouldn’t be able to play cdw properly? haha

@Oy:

The character animations look fine to me. Of course there is some recycled content from Chivalry MW, it’s an expansion not another standalone.

The only decent animations are the ones from CMW. Lots of CDW animations are buggy as s***.

@Oy:

gamemodes aren’t fun is just that: a personal opinion.

Which gamemode do you think was the most popular in CMW, and a good portion of the reason a game this flawfull were still a success?

! TO

Just realise this game was released way too soon, and without any real content, or depth of combat. A way to earn some quick dollars.

Sadly only a shadow of the old chiv. I really hoped for something more.

• @Oy:

You bitch about fps and say you have a good computer, then the first thing in your specs I read is Windows 8. Are you for fucking real? The character animations look fine to me. Of course there is some recycled content from Chivalry MW, it’s an expansion not another standalone. There are medium and small versions of all maps, either play on those or play with more people. Your personal opinion that the gamemodes aren’t fun is just that: a personal opinion. So don’t go throwing it around as if it’s a fact in a list of flaws. Overall you have maybe one or two legitimate gripes in your list. This is the kind of angry bitch-out posts that piss me off. It’s just completely unnecessary negativity instead of actually useful feedback.

I am sorry it bothers you.

Did your friends tell you that windows 8 impacts performance in games a lot? Perhaps you should look these things up yourself. Hint, it doesn’t. It’s faster than windows 7 for the most part, and the fuctionality it lacks i have made up for with customisations. And if you read, the FPS is worse than when i played the beta on the same computer, but perhaps you were to angry to be reasonable.

@Hitom:

The resolution “textfield” thing is just a minor load bug, djizuz, give it a few seconds and it shows the numbers >.< go away kid, nobody likes a whiney.

It’s just a bug, and it’s been there, for ages. When I give people money, I expect a finished product, that’s usually how it works in business, and I don’t have to give them a free pass, because you do. You can call me whiny, but then you would merely be a whimp who doesn’t demand value for your money. Provided it isn’t your parents money ofcause.

@ Kongen

I agree it was released too soon, and people were saying it would have a crappy launch, while others said it would be patched, I had hoped for the latter.

• Really glad I didn’t pre-order. Maybe in 3 months when it’s more patched and on sale.

• @Oy:

You bitch about fps and say you have a good computer, then the first thing in your specs I read is Windows 8.

And that has something to with anything because…? I run win 7 on my home PC but at my old work PC I ran win 8 and everything ran at 120fps without problem so. I don’t even see how running windows 8 would have anything to do with his performance.

• I’m enjoying the game. But I am really disappointed as well. It is no where near as good as MW, especially since DW lacks team objective (my favorite game mode). If they add some TO maps I will be partially more happy.

• Lol it even used to actually show the numbers of the resolutions in the beta when they first put those new setting in. Broke it without realising.

Also how are the animations buggy? They look fine to me.

Also when has voice communication ever worked properly? The best we’ve had it was at release and even then voice quality was pretty choppy for everyone. And each patch its gotten worse and better. Customisation patch got voice quality being good and perfect problem was the names of who was talking disappeared. Then the SDK patch made voice choppy agin Still without names.

Hit detection and desyncs are about the as C:MW. And for the servers I play on its non existent.

FPS wise I still have a higher FPS on higher settings than in MW. Though bamboo is about darkforest FPS.

And the unlock system is working for me unlike the C:MW system which still doesn’t work

My experience of the game is better than that of C:MW. Even by your description its only the same quality as C:MW.

• Just wanted to say this game runs the best I’ve ever seen it so far. Even on bamboo I’m getting solid framerates.

I have a shittier machine than the OP. That makes me proud.

• Why didn’t you link your video card??

I’m running a i5-3570k with a Nvidia GTX 680 full frames, max graphics. I think you’re lying about your system specs personally.

• I think the game’s in the best state it’s been in so far.
    Really nothing about it to warrant all the hate it’s receiving around here, imo.

• @B4RK:

I think the game’s in the best state it’s been in so far.
    Really nothing about it to warrant all the hate it’s receiving around here, imo.

Agreed. I’m having problems with it not remembering my XP progress. But it’s release day after all. I’m sure they will sort it out.

• i opened a topic a month ago,where i said what was needed to make this expansion good and longer,a good progression system,something to keep the player interested,but they just used the weapon unlocks,and since the weapons are mostly the same for CW even that is not enough to keep player interested.
    Since they had experience with Chivalry for a Year i thought that problems like fps drop,resolution bugs,and all the basic stuff were not problems we could encounter,but seems like we will carry out bugs again throughout the entire process….
    My only hope is that they reduce the health reg and give a better penalty to people losing all the stamina.
    Ranged Combat,from a guy that loves it,it’s totally useless and not fun at all,wounding an enemy from the distance is useless since they reg health so fast,you have to rely on closing the combat as fast as possible spamming attacks to kill as fast as possible,if you switch target the other one will reg in a second, a frenetic style of playing,which goes against my way of playing and enjoying the game.
    Teamplay is the only option right now

• @AndreaTheArcher:

i opened a topic a month ago,where i said what was needed to make this expansion good and longer,a good progression system,something to keep the player interested,but they just used the weapon unlocks,and since the weapons are mostly the same for CW even that is not enough to keep player interested.

Lol no… just no… the weapon unlocks and class ranks etc is too much alone. They should remove all progression cuz there are still players without CoD attentionspans or ADHD. If you don’t think the gameplay is fun then no amount of progression is gonna save you. Go back to multitasking on your ipad if you have no attention span.