The hatchet

• [youtubehd:e4pgxl7o]odO5o9wZyqw[/youtubehd:e4pgxl7o]

What do you think? Quite fast isn’t it? Obviously I shouldn’t allow him to get in that position but I think that is a tad too extreme.

inb4 warsaw telling me I want to nerf the whole game down because I am a bad player.

• Yeah I just checked, hatchet is on par with some other weapons for shortest windup. It is 0.3 seconds for a slash and 0.35 seconds for overhead and stab. Does the shield decrease that?
    Anyhow, it seems he hits with the very beginning of the release tracer, giving me 0.3-0.35 seconds to react. With an average reaction time of 0.25s that leaves me 0.05-0.1 seconds to determine the right direction, move the mouse and click. Shit is hard yo.

• Buckler speeds single swings up by .15 I think,

Single swings with shields have always been faster for some retarded reason…

• its not that it speeds up windups… holding a shield triggers the same thing as the old alt swings did, they hit the center of the swing faster by a few frames.

• @fvonb:

inb4 warsaw telling me I want to nerf the whole game down because I am a bad player.

Wasn’t WARSAW the one who wanted to play “Chivalry light”?

That first two strikes don’t look too fast. The third one in sometimg like a lookdown overhead (so much for the bubble preventing instant hits with short weapons) and the forth - windup seems okay but it hits soo fast. Either a really well done drag or some kind of desync.

Maybe it has something to do with the Buckler changing hit animations.

• @Evil:

@fvonb:

Wasn’t WARSAW the one who wanted to play “Chivalry light”?

That first two strikes don’t look too fast. The third one in sometimg like a lookdown overhead (so much for the bubble preventing instant hits with short weapons) and the forth - windup seems okay but it hits soo fast. Either a really well done drag or some kind of desync.

Maybe it has something to do with the Buckler changing hit animations.

It might be actually.

I mean I’ve seem side by side footage of the same weapon one with a shield one without the one with the shield being slightly faster.

Though he never comboed.

So something to test. Is it actually sped up. Or is the animation just a bit different.

• @Evil:

The first two strikes (after the trade) he wasn’t in the correct position, so I still had some time of the release to perform my parry.
    I think this could be done with any other weapon that has a windup faster than 0.4 seconds, you just need to find the right position to hit with the first instant of release. Just look at the Messer overhead, it has a 0.5xx windup but still it is insanely fast when using a lookdown. Actually I think there shouldn’t be any weapon with a windup faster than 0.4 seconds.

• Doesn’t matter how fast the windup is. You can hit anyone with any weapon on the first instant of release provided you drag it right.