Should heavy weapons ignore block?

• Should heavy weapons (such as two hand hammer or two hander) not ignore blocks? At least the light weapons such as daggers and short swords. I mean the weapons are so heavy that would break even with a shield the arm, and the blocking weapon would break.

Sorry for my bad english :(

• Oh god no.

• You are never allowed to make a post on this forum ever again.

• How you can parry a maul with a dagger is unexplainable to me though

• @OmmNomNom:

How you can parry a maul with a dagger is unexplainable to me though

Adamantium daggers and each archer is secretly the hulk.

• @OmmNomNom:

• @OmmNomNom:

It’s, uh, a goddamn game…

• No, nothing should ignore block.
    With smaller weapons, you parry by redirecting.
    Please don’t ask the devs to make the animation show that properly because they will only make 134 more bugs.

• @BillDoor:

No, nothing should ignore block.
    Please don’t ask the devs to make the animation show that properly because they will only make 134 more bugs.

Parried maul by dagger = the dagger would fly out of your hand, or your hand would break
    It’s never gonna happen though

• @BillDoor:

This^ finally someone understands the difference between parrying and blocking.

• With those insane drag down overheads, the maul basically does it anyway.

• I’m pretty sure parrying a Maul with a dagger would actually break your wrist in real life.

• @Lulzaur:

I’m pretty sure parrying a Maul with a dagger would actually break your wrist in real life.

Good thing this aint real life.

• Even then you’d more likely just drop the thing instead unless the maul actually hit your hand.

• For once I agree with Flippy… <3
    #brokeidea

• @Lulzaur:

I’m pretty sure parrying a Maul with a dagger would actually break your wrist in real life.

But this is a game. But by you logic with that, heavy javelin which is basically a pilum should the the person using a shield discard it since that was one of several reason pilums (heavy javelins) were used,

• @Deity:

But this is a game. But by you logic with that, heavy javelin which is basically a pilum should the the person using a shield discard it get hit through the shield and die since that was one of several reason pilums (heavy javelins) were used,

• This is supposed to be an arcade game, not a simulator. By saying this, the guy with the dagger could jump on the other man, or get beetween his legs and cut his b*lls off :D

No seriously …

• Theoretically you would be able to “parry” the maul even with bare hands. As mentioned before, more often than not you parry by redirecting the blow. With sword-to-sword fight you’d place your sword so that the other sword slides off of it, not hitting you with full force at once. But also, you could apply force to the side of the blade, as the attacker is putting all his force into moving the blade forward, he can barely react to such action. But that’s just a theory, it would be a great gamble with a dagger.

But to be honest, I believe the maul would break your hand even if you tried to block it with a shield, without trying to make it slide off of it.

So I’d say we stay with the current mechanic. Also do note that the maul drains awful lot of stamina when parried with the dagger, only topped by parrying a charge attack.

• @BillDoor:

That’s it, I want to parry arrows.

On a serious side note, I once thought I saw an arrow parried, and am almost positive I parried a throwing axe by accident. Is this real?