Suggestion:Kick Combo

• Hi,

I’d like to propose a suggestion. Since Deadliest Warriors is much faster paced. I would like to suggest the ability to combo after a successful shield kick.
    Flowchart
    Kick > combo into an attack.

Why?
    At the moment, in a 1v1 situation it is ok. But in a team fight environment, it is almost useless.
    Scenario.
    Player A1 kicks player B1.
    Player B1 gets staggered.
    Player A1 attempts to hit player B while recovering from a Kick and now winding up for an attack.
    Player B2 comes along hits player A1.
    Player A1 gets flinched. Player B1 lives.

Alternative Scenario
    I guess if there was a player A2 that could follow up an attack on player B1. etc etc.

Happy to hear other opinions.

• I’m talking about successful kick on shield.

• After successful kick on a shield you have plenty enough time to perform even the slowest of all attacks. I don’t think there is any point for what you suggest.

The fact that another player can intervene to save his mate makes sense to me, comboing from kick into attack would change this minimally, especially since the kick recovery time is neglectable.

• @Martys:

The fact that another player can intervene to save his mate makes sense to me, comboing from kick into attack would change this minimally, especially since the kick recovery time is neglectable.

Yeh, If it was possible to combo like kick into strike, like a 1-2 punch, there would be no kick recovery.
    Look at how long it is too kick someone and then strike them. It’s too long for mass team fight.
    Because of the mass team fight, if this was implemented. Kicking would be used more.
    Just a suggestion for an implementation.

• The problem I see with this is that it would be a Get-out-of-Jail-Free card, and it would likely be spammed heavily.

• @Martys:

After successful kick on a shield you have plenty enough time to perform even the slowest of all attacks.

I call shenanigans. You, sir, must be playing another game entirely. My experience has been that kicks are almost useless against shields; with the faster movespeed, it’s actually a real challenge to get in range for that kick. And then, nine times out of ten, the block is up in time to stop even your fastest attack (barring some of the super-fast weapons - still applies in general).

Now, my first reaction to kick-combos is utter horror and mild nausea. But then I spent some time thinking about it, and I honestly think it could be a really good move in fixing some of the fluidity issues in DW.

It has potential.

• @Flippy:

The problem I see with this is that it would be a Get-out-of-Jail-Free card, and it would likely be spammed heavily.

Hows it a get out of jail free card.
    It only works when it is a successful heavy kick into a shield that is up.
    Any other kick would just be how it is now.

Try kicking in a server with 64 players against a few spartans.

• Notice, you don’t even think of kicking them in the first place?
    • Also, Why would you kick. By the time you finish kicking them and then go for a swing, you get hit already. Causing you to flinch. All that effort for what reward?
    • And then you think again, I shouldn’t kick because it’ll be a waste of stamina and health. Because anyone can just hit me while I recover from the kick animation and then start the next animation for a swing.
    • At the moment it’s only viable for 1v1.
      And for the developers to add this in. I’m sure its not a hard thing to do. It would trigger like a riposte.
      but in this case, Successful kick into a quick combo.

• There’s a quick kick and a big kick.

A big kick pretty much grants you a free hit.

Quick kicks do not.

• @skitzr:

@Flippy:

The problem I see with this is that it would be a Get-out-of-Jail-Free card, and it would likely be spammed heavily.

Hows it a get out of jail free card.
    It only works when it is a successful heavy kick into a shield that is up.
    Any other kick would just be how it is now.

Try kicking in a server with 64 players against a few spartans.

• Notice, you don’t even think of kicking them in the first place?
    • Also, Why would you kick. By the time you finish kicking them and then go for a swing, you get hit already. Causing you to flinch. All that effort for what reward?
    • And then you think again, I shouldn’t kick because it’ll be a waste of stamina and health. Because anyone can just hit me while I recover from the kick animation and then start the next animation for a swing.
    • At the moment it’s only viable for 1v1.
      And for the developers to add this in. I’m sure its not a hard thing to do. It would trigger like a riposte.
      but in this case, Successful kick into a quick combo.

Oh, I misread and thought you meant you could do a kick and combo all the time.

• @lemonater47:

There’s a quick kick and a big kick.

Quick kicks do not.

Yeh try counting when you first press kick and until the end of your attack. Tell me how long that is.
    Is it worth hard kicking in a big team fight?

• @skitzr:

@lemonater47:

There’s a quick kick and a big kick.

Quick kicks do not.

Yeh try counting when you first press kick and until the end of your attack. Tell me how long that is.
    Is it worth hard kicking in a big team fight?

How about just do it in a group fight.

• Not a bad idea but it’s all for not if they do not fix the bug where you get stuck in the ground after a kick. It wouldn’t be so bad if it was all the time or none of the time. As it stands now, you never know when you are going to be able to move after a kick.

• @Citizen:

Not a bad idea but it’s all for not if they do not fix the bug where you get stuck in the ground after a kick. It wouldn’t be so bad if it was all the time or none of the time. As it stands now, you never know when you are going to be able to move after a kick.

Kick as Knight with any weapon equipped = Stuck in ground
    Kick as Ninja with Bo staff equipped = Stuck in ground
    Has it happened to any other classes and combinations? I’ve never experienced that, at least.

• Being able to do a kick combo sounds like a great idea, it will help out in one versus two situations for those who knows how to use them.

Good way of striking one opponent, then kick off the other one.

• At least give us the ability to jump-kick.

• @Malric:

At least give us the ability to jump-kick.

Now this i agree with. I’m not sure if the removal was intentional or a byproduct of the new game

• @Sol:

@Malric:

At least give us the ability to jump-kick.

Now this i agree with. I’m not sure if the removal was intentional or a byproduct of the new game

The jump kick was replaced with that extra step before a kick, making it the golden middle way. However the fact that with some weapons the extra step is not made is rather disappointing and hopefully TB is looking into it.
    @Funkmaster:

@Martys:

After successful kick on a shield you have plenty enough time to perform even the slowest of all attacks.

I call shenanigans. You, sir, must be playing another game entirely. My experience has been that kicks are almost useless against shields; with the faster movespeed, it’s actually a real challenge to get in range for that kick. And then, nine times out of ten, the block is up in time to stop even your fastest attack (barring some of the super-fast weapons - still applies in general).

I have never had problem with landing a kick. It’s important to note that the heavy kick takes longer to happen and you are not restricted to look and turn around, meaning you can redirect the direction of the kick while it is winding up. So if they are trying to dodge the kick then keep tracking them as the kick is performed.

But foremost it is important to note that there are two kicks. When the F key is tapped you perform the fast kick that is almost instant, has the little extra step before it and the recovery from is almost instant as well. It deals 3 unblockable generic damage, interrupts whoever it hits and causes them to flinch and finally it knocks them quite a distance away from you. Useful to get extra breathing room.

The second kick is performed when F key is held. This kick will take longer to wind up. It is almost identical to the fast kick except that it (is slower as mentioned) costs more stamina, deals 5 damage, has a little bit force behind it and finally if it hits a RAISED shield, it will daze the shield bearer.

So while quick kick causes your opponent to drop his shield for a split moment, it does not allow you to get any hit through, it possibly allows teammates to get one though. The heavy kick however, as long as it hits the opponent while they are actively shielding, will daze them for several seconds. You have plenty time to get a free hit through.

• If they’re doing 180s around you, difficult to land any type of kick. If they’re backing away permanently, waiting for you to fuck up and leave an opening, it can be exceptionally difficult to land the charged kick - movespeed is fast enough that they back away out of range before it completes, nine times out of ten.

Maybe you’ve had a different experience, or have different opponents.

• What is everyone on about in this thread? It’s easy as crap to land the big kick and score free hits on opponents right now, even whilst the kick is bugged so that you’re stuck.

Just be situationally aware. If you are fighting player shieldupB1 and player slappinoccupiedenemyB2, kick the shit out of B1 then direct your strike at B2. Chances are B2 is going to expect you to attack the victim of your kick, and you’re going to land your hit. Then flow with combat from there. If you never saw player B2 in the first place, chances are you were going to get hit in the back or a blind spot anyways. In that case, player B2 has every right to save his team mate from being struck.

• @Funkmaster:

If they’re doing 180s around you, difficult to land any type of kick. If they’re backing away permanently, waiting for you to fuck up and leave an opening, it can be exceptionally difficult to land the charged kick - movespeed is fast enough that they back away out of range before it completes, nine times out of ten.

Maybe you’ve had a different experience, or have different opponents.

I’ve been playing with some great players since the beginning of open beta/the beginning of MW, and haven’t had anybody have the time to dip around or back from my big boots unless I initiated the kick from too far away or just flat out missed. Try getting closer?