Static mesh lighting issue

• So I’ve had trouble with getting lighting to show on some imported meshes. On one set of meshes I’ve imported, all the materials show up fine. But on a different set, they turn out black everytime i build lighting. I found that if i turn off ‘precomputed shadows’ then the lighting and materials show up instead of black on the UDK ‘play’ mode, even after building. Yet I launch the game (the launch game sdkcontent.bat) and then the lighting’s all screwed up again, everything’s black. Anyone else have this issue or have any ideas?

This imported mesh has all the materials loading, and light working well

This one… errything black…

I’d appreciate some help with this, I’ve got a lot done with this map and ready to update.

• I would suggest to first set your video settings at maximum in the game , so the SDK have real time shadows etc.

Then, make sure your other mesh is in the same lighting chanel than the others, and make sure all the other settings are also similar ( Light maps , etc )

• If a mesh turns black after cooking lighting it usually means that the mesh doesn’t have second UV channel for the lightmap. If you double click on your mesh in content browser there should be an option somewhere in one of the context menus to “Generate second UV set” or something like that.

• @Rayeon:

I would suggest to first set your video settings at maximum in the game , so the SDK have real time shadows etc.

Then, make sure your other mesh is in the same lighting chanel than the others, and make sure all the other settings are also similar ( Light maps , etc )

Not gonna happen for awhile. My PC is tits, have new motherboard and errything, but still stuck on my old gtx 260 haha, haven’t been able to afford anything else. I can’t even build lighting above preview quality at this point without my computer shutting down.

@Ferum:

If a mesh turns black after cooking lighting it usually means that the mesh doesn’t have second UV channel for the lightmap. If you double click on your mesh in content browser there should be an option somewhere in one of the context menus to “Generate second UV set” or something like that.

Surprisingly enough they have 2 channels. Generating new uvs in the mesh editor crashes the UDK, surprise. So i opened it up in 3dsmax and wow, 2 uv channels, but they were just… I dunno nothing there. Came from Sketchup format I think was the problem when I imported the first time. Trying out Unwrella to remake all the uvs right now, then i’ll re import and try again.

Thanks for the advice guys!