Freeze and Must restart PC while playing

• Hello,

I get a problem since last patch (or the one before, i dont remember).

When i play to Chivlary (and only Chivalry, not my others games), the game can freeze all, and i cant do anything, excepted reboot my computer. ALt+F4 doesnt work at these times. It happens almost every time i play the game now, since several days.

An error window appears with this wroten inside when i reboot pc :

“the application failed to initialize properly (0x0000142). Click on OK to close the application”.

I had not this error before, with the game. All things are up to date on my pc. And i clean up it sometimes.

My config is :

Windows 8 64-Bits
    Intel®Core™i7-3630QM 2,4Ghz
    16Go RAM
    DirectX 11
    Nvidia GeForce GTX680M 2GoRAM

• Hit CTRL-ALT-DELETE and open Task Manager. Then you can close the Chivalry executable without restarting the computer.

• @BillDoor:

Hit CTRL-ALT-DELETE and open Task Manager. Then you can close the Chivalry executable without restarting the computer.

Hi,

When i do that, there is a white screen. I cant see the Task Manager. I only can reboot my pc.

I hope some help, because my problem appears each time i play chivalry. It s rare that it doesnt appears.

Thanks for help.

• Sounds like your video card is overheating. When was the last time you dusted your case?
    You should post a dxdiag, launch log and dmp file (if there is one)

• What do you mean by “launch log” ? How to find the .dmp files ? (sorry i m not english)

I can find the DxDialog list.

My videocard is not in overheating when i play (i think). The ventilor is not working like hell when these freezes appears. I ve thought to that. =)

I take care of my “case”, and no dust inside.

• Today i cant play more than 5 mins. “HELP ! HELP ME !” (like they say in the game)

Why i could play good before these last patches ? I cant understand… Its the only game i get which it makes this.