Sensible balance suggestions.

• I see a lot of ideas thrown around in the forums of what classes should get, how they should be buffed and nerfed. I wanted to post some small changes that I think would make a big difference and balance the game out a little more.

Samurai:
    Spear stab comboing needs to go, far too powerful for an already great weapon.

Spartan:
    I feel like spartans need longer secondary weapons, I hear a lot of people complain about this, they don’t have enough range with a sword and a shield. But maybe they just shouldnt throw their spear away.

Same thing with spear comboing though for spartans. Giving them slightly better secondaries would make up for taking away spear combos.

Ninja:
    Bo staff needs several tweaks. Stab range should be shortened slightly, seems a little too far for mobile class such as ninja. Tracers, ah yes the tracers. I think keeping them mostly in the red would be good, but add some green area to the beginning of the overheads at least, this way it wouldn’t be so powerful when people just lookdown and overhead.

(And kicking with bo staff still makes you unable to move for a while)

Pirates:
    I feel like pirates were designed to be the MW archers of DW, but that doesn’t fit the other classes so well. The pirate should be slighty stronger, probably on par with spartans. And their pistols could do with more ammo, seeing as ranged is their selling point, extra 2 or 4 would be nice.

Those are my ideas, nothing major or earth shattering but I think they would make a big difference.

• @FallDown:

Samurai:
    Spear stab comboing needs to go, far too powerful for an already great weapon.

Yes

@FallDown:

Spartan:
    I feel like spartans need longer secondary weapons, I hear a lot of people complain about this, they don’t have enough range with a sword and a shield. But maybe they just shouldnt throw their spear away.
    Same thing with spear comboing though for spartans. Giving them slightly better secondaries would make up for taking away spear combos.

NO

@FallDown:

Ninja:
    Bo staff needs several tweaks. Stab range should be shortened slightly, seems a little too far for mobile class such as ninja. Tracers, ah yes the tracers. I think keeping them mostly in the red would be good, but add some green area to the beginning of the overheads at least, this way it wouldn’t be so powerful when people just lookdown and overhead.

Shorter stab: Yes.
    Mostly red tracers: No.
    Tweaks to animations/tracers for a lot of Ninja weapons: Yes.

@FallDown:

Pirates:
    I feel like pirates were designed to be the MW archers of DW, but that doesn’t fit the other classes so well. The pirate should be slighty stronger, probably on par with spartans. And their pistols could do with more ammo, seeing as ranged is their selling point, extra 2 or 4 would be nice.

Pirates have WAY too much Hp, and the fastest weapon in the game, that for some reason also has good reach/dmg. Hmmmm

• Funny thing is spear combos were removed in MW. In this game, spear combos are in the game, but they’re also sped up with the viking. Fast stab combos are great.