The age old server browser glitch…

• Can it be? Can it truly be, that torn banner studios have still failed to sort out this age old glitch? Seems to be a total lottery whether my server list actually loads, and woe betide me if I should attempt to join a ‘full server’, because then my list most assuredly goes entirely.

You know, what I hated most about old chivalry was the amount of times that I had to quit out and restart steam just in my daily rage-fest to get into servers, because frankly - that shit is basic. Is it really still happening? Seriously?

Which leaves the question - are you professional games developers or are you total amateurs? Never had trouble with a server browser on anything else. Christ on a bike. Might just set fire to my own face.

Edit: You can’t do that.

• LOL!

You rage as bad as me!

Yeah then you get on a server and find out the whole thing is fucked up.

Thinking of taking a break from the game untill next patch after a fewhours of gameplay cant take this crap not at full release, like I said which should not be released yet.

• andd, after a few minutes of play, im back on the forums again because - my server browser crashed again upon looking for a new game.

Fuck this, im just going to play something else

• I almost exclusively use the steam server browser. The friends tab works great (and from here you can properly add favourites). Can even join a server that way in spite of the new launcher, which was a pleasant surprise.

• @dudeface:

almost exclusively use the steam server browser.

i managed to open it but can’t filter for deadliest warrior? how to do so?

what i found funny besides my search was discovering the server browser for “pirates,vikings and knights” instead.
    i already knew chivalry was a remade or tribute to age of chivalry, but deadliest warrior is a remade from “Pirates, Vikings and Knights II” like serioulsy?! x’D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates,_V … Knights_II
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRqnYHLKpCg

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbvmFaD8k_Q
    holy shit!! you can swim and have a parrot fighting for you! and i felt that was missing for dw… x’D

• I fix this for myself by closing steam, going to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam

and deleting the file clientregistry.blob. It gets remade once you start steam back up.

• @filthypeasant:

i managed to open it but can’t filter for deadliest warrior? how to do so?

Ah, no, I meant that the friends tab works. The regular part only does Source Engine games or something. I prefer to play with people on my friends list anyway, so it works out for me.

Oddly, if you want to add a Chivalry server to your steam favourites, adding it by IP address / port does not work. However, if you see a server in the friends tab, you can right-click it there and add it to your favourites. Thereafter it will ping and report player counts correctly (and you can see which players are on it).