Let's say goodbye to Age of Chivalry properly!

• This is a weird post but I imagine a few of us are feeling the same way….

For me Age of Chivalry was the first game that I was truly addicted to, I loved it, and I played it for more hours than I’d like to think constantly trying to be just that little bit better. It’s the only game that has ever tempted me to join a clan and I have so many memories of great clan wars from this game and in fact general public play. I’ve also made a few friends on steam who 5 years later I still occasionally talk to. It honestly feels weird and almost a bit upsetting knowing that realistically after the 16th I’ll never play it again.

So I’d like to say a big thanks to the developers, and the community for making it such a great game to be part of.
    Read from here onwards if you want to skip my reminiscing**

Now what I’m proposing, and I know it’s a little optimistic is this…

This weekend it would be great if one of the remaining server operators (I’m hoping vq. still run a server?) could password lock their server and post it for us here or maybe to players in a message on steam that show interest.

Then I’m really hoping a bunch of us could meet up in said server and play a few final not clan wars (as I’m sure there aren’t that many left) but organized and balanced team wars.

I’m sure there are old school players out there that would love to do this. Any takers?

• Why say Goodbye?

Can’t they both exist?

There will always be cheap people.

I was on AoC and a bunch of people said they weren’t getting it because it costs money and said they’re not all rich like I am.

So, cheap ass, broke people will still play it.

• @Mkilbride:

Why say Goodbye?

Can’t they both exist?

There will always be cheap people.

I was on AoC and a bunch of people said they weren’t getting it because it costs money and said they’re not all rich like I am.

So, cheap ass, broke people will still play it.

If you ask me AoC is gameplay-broken & playing it is losing of time if you expect competivity , especially in melee combat .

If I was in their place would just watch videos of Chivalry MW in youtube .

• im still playing it :P, i will wait till i buy the game to say goodbye to aoc :)

• @Txc:

If I was in their place would just watch videos of Chivalry MW in
    youtube .

Lol that’s exactly what I’m doing !

• @-Slash-:

@Txc:

If I was in their place would just watch videos of Chivalry MW in
    youtube .

Lol that’s exactly what I’m doing !

Damn !
    Should’ve put a copyright on my favorite activity if the month…
    Seriously, stop copying me ! (lawl)

• I’m glad no one actually wanted to do this, because every time I boot up AoC it crashes after about 15 minutes. If we were gonna play this weekend I would of had to start a rage ‘DEVS STOP WHAT YOU’RE DOING AND FIX THE OLD GAME’!

• @Blackbird:

‘DEVS STOP WHAT YOU’RE DOING AND FIX THE OLD GAME’!

Where’s my CR3?!

• hahaha

• @Alpha:

@Blackbird:

‘DEVS STOP WHAT YOU’RE DOING AND FIX THE OLD GAME’!

Where’s my CR3?!

it was cancelled and moved to chivalry, after stating release dates for it :P

AoC doesn’t need a goodbye, it’s combat system is different to Chivalry in a way vets will always love, setting ranged skill from newbies (by far) i’m sure we can keep it alive still lol. xD

No saying goodbye ! (atleast not for a long time !) xD

• @Saraski:

it was cancelled and moved to chivalry, after stating release dates for it :P

AoC doesn’t need a goodbye, it’s combat system is different to Chivalry in a way vets will always love, setting ranged skill from newbies (by far) i’m sure we can keep it alive still lol. xD

No saying goodbye ! (atleast not for a long time !) xD

(FACEPALM)

• It occurs to me that I should probably curate by getting a hold of the dedicated server files for AoC - wish there was an install that wasn’t steam dependent, so if I wanted to put together a server years later, it’d be good to go!

AoC was to me as an adult what Tribes was in my teenage years. It taught me many lessons with regard to server administration, lessons that I plan to implement in any servers I administer in Chivalry.

For Chivalry, I am going to focus on developing a few scripts to help Admins run better servers. Log parsers to pinpoint griefing, pull records on specific players, etc. This will be a fun side-project to playing the game!