What happened to the arrow to the neck animation

• When I first got Chiv, there was this neat animation where ppl would grab their throat and die slowly. I notice now it’s head exploding. I also think I remember bodies screaming right after they died, and I’m not seeing so much anymore.

Did they take this out or is it a setting? I kinda miss it.

• Yeah I thought the head exploding was funny at first, but I’m ready for the old animation to come back now.

• It’s a massive bug that escapes many people’s notice.

None of the death animations are working at all.

Its just instant ragdoll all the time.

In deadliest warrior they work. But not in medieval warfare.

• @lemonater47:

It’s a massive bug that escapes many people’s notice.

None of the death animations are working at all.

Its just instant ragdoll all the time.

In deadliest warrior they work. But not in medieval warfare.

But…but…exploding heads!

Exploding heads > Death animations

• Exploding heads should be exclusive to slings.

• Bug introduced in May or June, confirmed by SlyGoat.

Lots of people like excessive effects. Punching explodes heads, sling explodes heads, dynamite tipped arrows explode heads…You get the picture. Perhaps in the future, punches will have a chance to decapitate, as well. To make the game more extreme. And kick should gib the entire body, weapons can be replaced with oversized anime swords, and every death should have instant slow-motion special execution move replay.

Gritty medieval combat is for losers. Bring on the Batman text effects!

All kidding aside, this new bug probably won’t be fixed, so might as well get used to it.

• @lemonater47:

Exploding heads should be exclusive to slings.

^

• Exploding heads > Death animations.

We are in disagreement here!

• Correct me if im wrong but Bodkin arrows, leadballs and pebbles does blunt damage and cause head to explode but Broadhead arrows and xbow darts does piercing damage and should display the “arrow to the neck animation”.

• @Sir:

Correct me if im wrong but Bodkin arrows, leadballs and pebbles does blunt damage and cause head to explode but Broadhead arrows and xbow darts does piercing damage and should display the “arrow to the neck animation”.

Broadheads and crossbow bolts cause heads to explode with headshots.

• @Sir_Henric:

@Sir High-A-Lot:

Correct me if im wrong but Bodkin arrows, leadballs and pebbles does blunt damage and cause head to explode but Broadhead arrows and xbow darts does piercing damage and should display the “arrow to the neck animation”.

Broadheads and crossbow bolts cause heads to explode with headshots.

Oh i didnt notice cuz i dont use xbow and bow anymore. HAIL TO THE SLINGSHOT!

• Crossbows don’t only bodkins do. And its a bug.

• I’ve always hated bodkin arrows exploding heads.

• There were so many aesthetically great things in this game but they’re slowly disappearing to bugs.
    First it was projectiles not sticking to players so we no longer see human pin cushions walking around, now we don’t have death animations (which I didn’t pick up on at first to be honest but I miss them all the same).

I really hope they return. :(

• @DokB:

There were so many aesthetically great things in this game but they’re slowly disappearing to bugs.
    First it was projectiles not sticking to players so we no longer see human pin cushions walking around, now we don’t have death animations (which I didn’t pick up on at first to be honest but I miss them all the same).

I really hope they return. :(

+1

• Yeah…. I hope they bring back the animations and get rid of heads exploding by arrows and bolts.

• Crossbow bolts still don’t explode heads. Never did.