Games runs like crap

• I’m not an expert on pc’s, I’m not sure what my pc is or isn’t capable of. All I know is that I can run the original chivalry at max settings just fine, and that every “canyourunit” website I go to says I should be able to run Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior just fine. Not to mention any new game I pick up I’ve been able to run just fine.

So why then, does this game run terribly slow from the moment it hits the main screen and on? Can someone help me? It his now been 3 days since I’ve purchased this game and haven’t been able to play it when I should. Thanks.

• What are you running it on? Specifically your CPU, graphics card, RAM and operating system.

My PC runs it well enough. But C:DW is definitely much more demanding than C:MW.

• @Sir:

But C:DW is definitely much more demanding than C:MW.

MW is a poorly optimized mess and it gets worse with every patch.
    I run DW way better vs MW with the same settings. Here’s hoping DW doesn’t suffer from patch degradation.

Also, the steam page suggests system requirements that are identical to MW’s. It shouldn’t be any more demanding.

• a torn banner dev said they are looking into performance,so they are aware of it,lets hope they fix it with the next patch

• What do you mean “terribly slow”? Do you mean input lag, low framerate, etc. You can try going to Chivalry: Medieval Warfare in your Steam Library, right click on it and select Properties. Once in Properties go to the tab Local Files. At the bottom of Local Files there should be a button that says “Verify Game Cache”.

Once it is done verifying the files, if you’re still getting the slowness and you’re sure you should be able to run it fine, then you can try reinstalling the entire game. If that doesn’t work, uninstall Steam and reinstall it. Once Steam is reinstalled reinstall Chivalry.

• @omg87:

Also, the steam page suggests system requirements that are identical to MW’s. It shouldn’t be any more demanding.

When two games have identical system requirements, it indicates that both games will run on that hardware. It does not suggest that they will run at the same frame rate on the same settings.

• @RadiantGonder:

I’m not an expert on pc’s, I’m not sure what my pc is or isn’t capable of. All I know is that I can run the original chivalry at max settings just fine, and that every “canyourunit” website I go to says I should be able to run Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior just fine. Not to mention any new game I pick up I’ve been able to run just fine.

So why then, does this game run terribly slow from the moment it hits the main screen and on? Can someone help me? It his now been 3 days since I’ve purchased this game and haven’t been able to play it when I should. Thanks.

There’s nothing you can do. I got a top end computer and it runs like shit for me, I got a 120hz monitor so I run at 120 fps and it basically jumps up and down between 60-100fps on most maps… on the duel map I get so low as 40fps alot. In the later beta versions of DW I ran every map at 120 fps… Worth mentioning I’m using lowest settings ingame as well lol… in beta I ran everything at high with 120fps. in CMW I can run everything at high with 120fps.

So yeah… there’s likely not much you can do. I wouldn’t have my hopes up for a fix anytime soon either it usually takes them a long time to release fixes…

• My computer runs deadliest warrior at a higher FPS on higher settings then in MW.

But I forgot that my computer is backwards.

And lol. 40fps is my average.