Knight Buff

• Dear TornBanner-Studios,

please buff the Knight. One fighting as Knight has no real chance in winning a 1v1-battle w/o help.

• When fighting Vanguards you have no real chance in getting even a single hit on them due to it’s weapon’s long range. It’s likely that he’s able to strike again when you are halfway on approaching him after a block. This cycle of blocking, approaching and trying to hit repeats until you run out of stamina and you’re defenseless.
      My suggestion: Increased stun time after a shield kick / regular kick to allow easier approach.

• When fighting Archers, you have no chance for defense because you don’t have the speed to react to his quick movements and strikes but also cannot attack because he can just block your slow but mighty attacks with his silly butter knife. I can’t see how a 30cm knife could block a 15kg, 1,50m double-handed sword / hammer in reality. :o
      My suggestion: Blocking heavy weapons with a small weapon blocks only partially resulting in e.g. half the damage of the strike dealt, or something like that.

• When fighting MAA it’s nearly the same, they are way too fast for you and can easily block any incoming attacks until you run out of stamina.
      My suggestion: A higher stamina cost when blocking large and heavy weapons such as double-handed swords or hammers.

Cheers ~

• I’m sorry, don’t take this as an insult but you are a newb. Being new to the game you may see these terrible balance problems that aren’t really there. I would recommend going to the server Interitus Duels. It is located in Denver. The best players in the game congregate there every day to duel and get better, including myself. (not saying I’m a best player) That would be the best place to see how the game is/is not balanced. It’s also the fastest way to get better at the game, and a lot of fun.

If you don’t live in NA I don’t know where you can go to. Lemonator could probabaly explain that.

• I don’t know about you but last time I checked New Zealand was on the other side of the world in relation to Europe so if he’s there I wouldn’t know about anything.

If by chance you are in NZ or AUS the “resurrection classic duel server” is similar to Interitus duels. Good
    Players often turn up if they aren’t on a passworded server.

• @lemonater47:

I don’t know about you but last time I checked New Zealand was on the other side of the world in relation to Europe so if he’s there I wouldn’t know about anything.

If by chance you are in NZ or AUS the “resurrection classic duel server” is similar to Interitus duels. Good
    Players often turn up if they aren’t on a passworded server.

Sorry, US education is trash, especially in international geography. Forgive my stupid 'Merican brain :(

• The knight just needs more excelling weapons. As his current arsenal stands, pretty much all of his weapons are around the same playstyle except for a few exceptions like the Maul.

Now this is obviously where everyone goes all “If you actually think that you must be noob” on me but just keep in mind that…:

• Archer obviously excels at overwhelming attacks while face-hugging. His arsenal excels at killing foes at enormous range.

• Man at Arms excels at dodging in and out of the danger-zone. His arsenal excels at speed.

• Vanguard excels at footwork as he can charge into a fight and then keep fighting without having to worry as much about hit-trades as Men at Arms do… His arsenal excels at range.

• Knight excels at being able to take a few more hits than others while still standing. Hir arsenal excels at… Meh.

MOST of the Knight’s weapons are all about strength. They are slow, but not slow enough to open up any real-dragging potential. They have some range, but not enough to safely poke people in the head while being out of the opponent’s reach.
    So when some of the Knight’s weapons don’t have that strength but trade it for some speed or range you basically end up with a rather odd arsenal. Don’t get me wrong, Knight with the SoW is my favorite setup but I feel that the Knight could use some more exceptions like the Zweihander is to the Vanguard.

How about this one? Doesn’t seem OP at all. Pffrt… >.>

!

• @Flippy:

I’m sorry, don’t take this as an insult but you are a newb. Being new to the game you may see these terrible balance problems that aren’t really there.

Some of my suggestions might have been a bit over the top, but the general problem is still there. Everybody’s playing vanguard because it’s so easy to play.

And please remember, my suggestion for the archers are based on reality. You can’t just block an overhead strike to your head (from such a large weapon) with such a small knife.

And yes, I am new to the game, but I’m not a complete newb anymore. I can stand battles against all classes, but I noticed that one’s chances as knight sink rapidly against archers / vanguards.

I don’t want to ruin the game due to making it more noob-friendly. I understand it takes practice, but it could definetely take some balancing. I used to play SC2 alot, which has been subject to balancing patches once a month without making it entirely noob-friendly.

• Knight does not need any kind of buff, it has already the advantage of being able to tank most of the hits in the game, except weapons that are especially designed to hurt their armour, but for instance in a fight where a Vanguard faces a Knight; The Vanguard has to be careful with the fact that he will die most likely in two hits from almost every weapon in Knight’s arsenal, whilst Knights can most of the time take least two to four hits before they are taken down.

In a fight where feints are also involved, the Vanguard does not have any room for misreading feints or taking that first hit, because then the Knight has the hit trade favour which could mean that you both may attack at the same time, but the Knight may strike first and kill you, or you hit him first and he hits you immideantly afterwards with his own attack and kills you.

Least the Vanguard Vs. Knight is evenly balanced.

What really needs a fixing is the class Man at arms due to the fact that it has a free-card from every mistakes it performs. They have different rules when it comes to the combat mechanics in chivalry that every Archer, Vanguard and Knight must face and learn how to deal with, so they differ themself out in a very bad and overpowering way, but that is hopefully just temporary as Patch 3 is soon upon us.

• @wildwulfy:

Knight does not need any kind of buff, it has already the advantage of being able to tank most of the hits in the game, except weapons that are especially designed to hurt their armour, but for instance in a fight where a Vanguard faces a Knight; The Vanguard has to be careful with the fact that he will die most likely in two hits from almost every weapon in Knight’s arsenal, whilst Knights can most of the time take least two to four hits before they are taken down.

In a fight where feints are also involved, the Vanguard does not have any room for misreading feints or taking that first hit, because then the Knight has the hit trade favour which could mean that you both may attack at the same time, but the Knight may strike first and kill you, or you hit him first and he hits you immideantly afterwards with his own attack and kills you.

Least the Vanguard Vs. Knight is evenly balanced.

What really needs a fixing is the class Man at arms due to the fact that it has a free-card from every mistakes it performs. They have different rules when it comes to the combat mechanics in chivalry that every Archer, Vanguard and Knight must face and learn how to deal with, so they differ themself out in a very bad and overpowering way, but that is hopefully just temporary as Patch 3 is soon upon us.

to be fair, i agree that the knight doesn’t need a buff… but the vanguard can even the playing field simply by using a polehammer lol. Two shots to kill either class at that point. I would like to see the old longsword back though as i saw nothing wrong with it to begin with, SoW nerf was probably warranted but idk. I still have mixed feelings about both, but i think they’re still very formidable weapons so i guess it was for the best.

And i agree MaA needs to be fixed, reduction of stamina is what i think. 6 dodges is wayyyy to much leeway for constant mistakes and complete invulnerability from attack. That and every one handed poke needs a little looking into, not just MaA but all classes 1 hander pokes are somehow retarded now.

• Off course the Knight needs a buff, don’t listen to those other Two knights. When you have over 600 hours on just pubs as Knight you are more in touch then Clan Knights who just waffle at you from memory. As a Currently Active Knight on pubs the OP is correct. Were is my Buffy :D

As for flippy he is a cad and a bounder. I recall just before a game finished he then turned around and killed me. Same team, I knew that name seemed familiar flippy.

• You’re talking about the knight as if it was underpowered. But it isn’t.
    But one of the knights most important things in teambattles are underpowered: The shields.
    The knight should be a tank who coveres his friends. But how should he do that if he gets dazed after 3 hits on his shield?

• i don’t think though that it’s the knight that needs a buff, i just think weapons/classes around it need to get some rebalancing done. The knight doesn’t feel as powerful because other classes around it became more powerful.

Think about it… the vanguards got buffed - Their charge attacks got sped up to stupid speeds… and their weapons like spears/brandistock/fork/polehammer/claymore(mygod), etc etc. Their knockback also got increased. This makes vanguards way more powerful vs knights and even makes a lot of weapons do the same Hit to kill to the knight as it does the vanguard.

MaA got indirectly buffed def not nerfed - their footspeed increased… this is basically all they needed to be in control whether on foot or in dodge mode. The delays between dodging nerf doesn’t affect them in the slightest, in…the…sliiiiiightest. The new daggar also gives a weapon that makes maa almost unstoppable vs. a knight. Plus no stamina reduction so they can still dodge 6 times, stamina regeneration allows them to recuperate quickly from stamina loss keeping them untouchable with dodging.

Archers got buffed - their bodkin arrows now do correct damage, but too much damn damage. Crossbows all got their reload speeds sped up, and they do ridiculous damage as well, and the light crossbow has GOT to be the most wicked fast stupid unrealistic thing i’ve ever seen. Daggars are so quick that they can hit 2 times if one is allowed to hit, it’s pretty much guaranteed to hit twice. Their poke speeds are also very quick like all other pokes. And… daggars also recieved a 25% reach bonus.

And what does the knight get? well, he got his 2 mainly used weapons nerfed (the longsword and sow). ANNNNNNNND he has had the maul now able to 1 shot any class to the head (which by the looks of it it should anyhow and is still balanced by slow speed) and the messer can now 1 shot a maa with a slash but not on overhead (which makes total sense right?)

so in conclusion… the knight doesn’t necessarily need a buff, but the other classes need some, lets just say “rebalancing” ;) because honestly the knight doesn’t feel very tanky when it’s getting 1 shot by archers, 2 shot by vanguards, and even 2 shot by men at arms with certain weapons, and completely torn up by archers in melee as well. At certain times he can feel like a total bitch to other classes that’s for sure.

and also, did i read something about a patch 3? where is the news on this?

• More stupid posts by people who do not understand nothing about knight.

I’m sorry, don’t take this as an insult but you are a newb. Being new to the game you may see these terrible balance problems that aren’t really there. I would recommend going to the server Interitus Duels. It is located in Denver. The best players in the game congregate there every day to duel and get better, including myself. (not saying I’m a best player) That would be the best place to see how the game is/is not balanced. It’s also the fastest way to get better at the game, and a lot of fun.

If you say:“All balanced”. I think you do not have enough good players in NA now.

After all changes knight is slow meat. Of Course you still can kill thousands of bad players around yourself by knight, but i compare with good players. My main classes are knight and vanguard. And before that patch duels between vanguards were balanced. Vanguards were not bad versus all classes, only noobs cry about it, because they can not use footwork and reach properly. Now knight do not have advantage in health - 2-3 hits for both classes, but vanguard has reach, speed and knock back. Duels seem with more spam attack and feints, less footwork between them.

P.S. Some people say that MAA is bad in group fights. It is not true. Only he can so easy exits from dangerous situation.

• @Artemius:

More stupid posts by people who do not understand nothing about knight.

I’m sorry, don’t take this as an insult but you are a newb. Being new to the game you may see these terrible balance problems that aren’t really there. I would recommend going to the server Interitus Duels. It is located in Denver. The best players in the game congregate there every day to duel and get better, including myself. (not saying I’m a best player) That would be the best place to see how the game is/is not balanced. It’s also the fastest way to get better at the game, and a lot of fun.

If you say:“All balanced”. I think you do not have enough good players in NA now.

After all changes knight is slow meat. Of Course you still can kill thousands of bad players around yourself by knight, but i compare with good players. My main classes are knight and vanguard. And before that patch duels between vanguards were balanced. Vanguards were not bad versus all classes, only noobs cry about it, because they can not use footwork and reach properly. Now knight do not have advantage in health - 2-3 hits for both classes, but vanguard has reach, speed and knock back. Duels seem with more spam attack and feints, less footwork between them.

P.S. Some people say that MAA is bad in group fights. It is not true. Only he can so easy exits from dangerous situation.

This.

• @clayton-bigsby:

the knight doesn’t necessarily need a buff, … because honestly the knight doesn’t feel very tanky when it’s getting 1 shot by archers, 2 shot by vanguards, and even 2 shot by men at arms with certain weapons, and completely torn up by archers in melee as well. At certain times he can feel like a total bitch to other classes that’s for sure.

… Sounds like they need a buff, brochacho.

• @omg87:

@clayton-bigsby:

the knight doesn’t necessarily need a buff, … because honestly the knight doesn’t feel very tanky when it’s getting 1 shot by archers, 2 shot by vanguards, and even 2 shot by men at arms with certain weapons, and completely torn up by archers in melee as well. At certain times he can feel like a total bitch to other classes that’s for sure.

… Sounds like they need a buff, brochacho.

if you read my post and comprehended, i said they didnt need a buff, i said the other classes need to be re-balanced… ie nerf the other classes in some way.

suggestion for archers, nerf the arrow damage and speed of crossbow reloads.

suggestion for maa, reduce stamina pool and possibly test reduction of dodge distance.

for vanguard, maybe decrease knockback a bit and polehammer damage. And fix the handle hits.

• The way I see it, most of the vanguard weapons will kill a knight in 2 or 3 hits. 4 if it’s something like the claymore. These weapons are generally longer, with knock back and are comparable in speed. Vanguard also moves faster.

They’re almost equals when facing each other.
    I’d tip the advantage in the vanguard’s favor because of the range of their weapons and their movement speed.

Archers have the ability to 2 shot a knight from a distance.
    This is stupid. At least shield help somewhat, but only at a distance and only if you’re not distracted.

MaA eat knights for breakfast.
    Don’t decrease their dodge range. Increase it so they don’t have the ability to sprint back in for a free hit. Possibly decrease their movement speed depending on the dodge range increase.

• vanguards were balanced against knights before, as someone else said they didn’t really need all the buffs they got, people just whined because they played vanguard poorly… now they’re pretty much a better knight. but it’s not really the class because i don’t really find it hard to kill a vanguard, it’s just certain weapons that have strict advantages of reach, hit to kill, and knockback. Plus as you said footspeed is faster which i don’t mind. The other issue with all classes is the handle hits. Even something like a grand mace of the knight can almost insta gib someone with a lookdown, especaially a counter lookdown. YOu can even lookdown the pokes with it and they hit as fast as a lookdown overhead (approx).

And archers can also 1 shot knights to the face, which happens a lot more than you’d think considering it’s harder to hit the head, but i get killed by archers in team settings more than anything. Archer arrows need a bit of a nerf, even if most arrows dont hit head, you’re basically out of the fight right then and there because you have about 10 percent health left or lower 99 percent of the time and they’re 100’s of feet away from you. daggars all around both maa and archer need their flinch time reduced, or they need their combo time upped so you don’t get a free hit for every 1 hit landed = 2 hits per 1 mistake.

I’d hate for the maa dodge to be longer, you could think of it two ways, either you can have them dodge farther so you STILL can’t riposte, or even chase attack at them… or you can shorten the dodge so that you CAN riposte. Most good knights vs. maa dont fall for the dodge rally, or when you parry them you expect them to dodge back and immediately sprint forward and throw an attack of your own, at least causing a parry. You have to basically whittle their stamina down. BUT… the issue with draining stamina is they regen it very quickly, they can run away from you for just a moment and get away, or if they had a longer dodge distance then they could just dodge out of there and turtle until their stamina is recovered, rinse and repeat. This is why i think they need a bit of a stamina reduction, or their speed of stamina regen should be lessened.

certain weapons also no matter who they’re weilded by are going to be kind of bull… like bearded axe, or holy water sprinkler. And i think most can agree that the brandi feels superpowered (extreme range, knockback, and flinch/damage with slashes - it basically has no downside.

• Only the heavy crossbow can one shit headshot kill a knight. Warbow bodkins can’t even do it. High health and the tendancy to have shields I’d rather aim a vanguard or MAA running next to you. Preferably a vanguard as they can be trouble.

Also golden helmets are projectile magnets.

The brandistocks downside is that you can’t combo and time between attacks is slower than a maul comboing. This makes fighting against more than one target very difficult.

• @loin:

As for flippy he is a cad and a bounder. I recall just before a game finished he then turned around and killed me. Same team, I knew that name seemed familiar flippy.

In my defense the blue looked red.

• @Flippy:

@loin:

In my defense the blue looked red.

Well if you killed him in one go he would have had a lot of blood on him.