More Variety, Without Quantity

• (Reposting this because for some odd reason, it didn’t show up when I posted it before.)

Over the few weeks that I’ve been playing the Deadliest Warrior DLC, I’ve been noticing the same requests from many people. A lot of players desire more of a variety of warriors to choose from, more than the six that we currently have. I understand this would be difficult to carry out due to the progress already made on the game. However, I’ve had an idea that could possibly solve the desire for more warriors without having to add them as their own classes. Warriors from the Deadliest Warrior TV series largely resemble those already in the game. What could be done is the addition of alternate class skins that are unlocked through ranking up with that class.

For example, you could be playing as a Spartan. Once you reach rank 20 or so, you get the option to have a Roman Centurion skin. This changes your armor choices and appearance to that of a Roman Centurions, with a Roman shield and Roman armor. This could also unlock alternate Roman weapon skins for the Spartan weapons, considering the Romans are an evolution of the Spartan and share many of the same weapons. This would still be mounted on the same character skeleton as the Spartan, with the same movements, however it would allow for a greater degree of customization, as well as adding more to unlock after you’ve unlocked everything for a certain class.

Possible Alternate Skins:
    Samurai -> Mongol (Share many of the same weapons, such as the bow)
    Spartan -> Roman Centurion (Explained above)
    Ninja -> Apache (Both are lightly armored and based upon stealth and quick strikes)
    Viking -> ???
    Knight -> ???
    Pirate -> ???

If you have any suggestions to add to this idea, or if you would just like to comment on it, please reply below and I will add any ideas that we can come up with.

• It didn’t get posted because your first post needs to be approved by a moderator to ensure that it isn’t spam.

I deleted your other topic since it was a duplicate.

• You have to remember. For every alternate skin that is whole other fully 3D model that they have to spend hours and hours and hours making, taking away time from bug fixes, balance changes, etc. If they were to do something like this, it would be far down the road.

• It would also require new voice acting for each variation. The beauty of the current 6 deadliest warriors is that each has a very distinct flavour and play style. Adding alternate skins trying to crowbar these existing warriors into other warrior skins does not appeal to me. Also that ninja/Apache analogy is a bit of a stretch.

What I would like to see is another full blown expansion with 6 more warriors some time down the line, assuming C:DW does well (which I wholeheartedly hope it does). 8-)

• @Sir:

It would also require new voice acting for each variation. The beauty of the current 6 deadliest warriors is that each has a very distinct flavour and play style. Adding alternate skins trying to crowbar these existing warriors into other warrior skins does not appeal to me. Also that ninja/Apache analogy is a bit of a stretch.

What I would like to see is another full blown expansion with 6 more warriors some time down the line, assuming C:DW does well (which I wholeheartedly hope it does). 8-)

That’s th only thing you saw wrong? The only similarity to Samurai & mongol is; they both use swords, wear armor and (as he said) uses a bow. But that is canbe said for every warrior just about anywhere in history.

• Yeah that’s not a good idea really.

When people want more classes they want their weapons and everything too. And they want them to be a team of their own.

Not just the skins.

• Yeah, there were things that I hadn’t thought through enough. I just suggested the skins instead of full blown characters because it seems the skins would be less work, though I would prefer the separate characters. Also, my comparisons to each of the different classes were just examples. I do see now that some of them don’t go with each other, aside from the very basic traits I thought made them go together.

• Viking - Celt because of similar style weaponry, sword, spear, axe and shield. Or Rajput for their throwing weaponry.

Pirate- Ming Warrior has similar curved blades and has access to early black powder weaponry. Or Musketeer as it is also similar in operations to the Pirate, using gunpowder and swords with skirmishing tactics.

Knight- Gladiator maybe? Both use a diverse array of weaponry.