No increase of rank, No new weapons.

• Hello,

I bought this game cus it looked fun and persuaded my brother and a friend to buy it. We’ve had loads of fun for the last three days or so but none of us can get any new weapons or increase in rank.

I really want to test the later weapons but I have unlocked the War Sword three times now only to have it reseted. Same for my brother and my friend with all weapons and all classes.

Somehow I got to rank 5 but it is reseting now all the time. My brother is stuck on rank 1 and he goes to rank 2 every match and then drops down again.

People tell us to reconnect but that only resets everything.

I have researched the matter and tons of people seem to have this problem and the posts I read were over 8 months old and all fixes was tedious and had to be repeated before every start of the game. And they have not worked for me so far anyway.

Can I fix this somehow? This is really a make or break for me and I feel a little dumb for recommending this otherwise very good game to my friends and relatives.

• As far as I know, in the newest version of this bug the rank resetting isn’t permanent. So if your brother is hitting rank 2 every match, eventually the rank will finally stay. It won’t take that long either.

Also, I wasn’t aware that the weapon unlock bug was still around. Maybe just try restarting steam (although maybe you’ve done that) or make sure you’re playing on official or clan servers so you know your unlocks count.

• Hi,

We take heed to only play on official servers in hopes that it will save our weapon progress. The only thing I haven’t been that good at is restarting steam so I’ll give that a few more shots.

Thanks for the help, I’ll report back if it works or not.

edit: I asked my brother and he has restarted steam several times and still no luck.

• Don’t reconnect just wait it out. Reconnecting makes it worse.

Just waiting till next map and it usually all comes back.

• When your exp and weapon unlocks are not saved, it’s because they’ve been put in a sort of cache. Don’t worry, just keep playing and eventually all come back.

EDIT: This isn’t true, for some reason I thought this was a DW thread. To fix this the best thing you can do is just wait it out. Rank is very random, so you just have to keep playing. For the weapons waiting a round or two will normally have your correct weapons come back.

• yeah its a shame this bug still plauges the game after a year of being out, expecially when its such an important part of the game, getting your new weapons to get the full experience of the game and increasing your rank as well.

one would think this would be a top priority cease all other work till its fixed knda bug.

i hope they work for you and your buddies my friend, keep trying and dont lose hope.

• Torn Banner’s really dropped the ball on this, nothing to really be said.

Maybe they should just remove the unlock system altogether seeing how abysmal they’ve been with stabilising it.

• lol,
    remove the unlocks and leave the ranks, that would be way to simple.

• Perhaps. Should new players have to go through this shit in order to access a core part of the game? ( weapon unlocks)

COD and Battlefield players would be having seizures if their weapons weren’t unlocking.

• Just went from 66 to 10 more kills neede for my Halberd, and I went through several matches on the same server, so I leave the server, come back, and, BOOM! ERASED! Then I just lose the will to play and rage quit.

• Just went from 66 to 10 more kills neede for my Halberd, and I went through several matches on the same server, so I leave the server, come back, and, BOOM! ERASED! Then I just lose the will to play and rage quit.

• I’m glad I reached most of the unlocks back in 2012, when it seemed to work.

Now all I need is to get my black helmets, which is kinda tricky though. Yesterday I got to rank 39 twice.

• @Silu:

I’m glad I reached most of the unlocks back in 2012, when it seemed to work.

Now all I need is to get my black helmets, which is kinda tricky though. Yesterday I got to rank 39 twice.

It never worked properly.

• Unless something drastically changes with Torn Banner’s ethos, it will never change. They clearly don’t give a damn. I mean look at how long other comparatively very minor bugs like objective message pop-ups displaying the wrong message for factions have been around. And how long has that Knight been moving at a brisk walk with his flail instead of having a sprint animation? If TB doesn’t want to get the small stuff right what are the chances they’ll get more important things right? There seems to be little to no desire for delivering quality products.

The first excuse I’ll hear is “oh, it’s just a small indie company.” That just means they have to be even more focused on quality. not less.

• @lemonater47:

@Silu:

maybe I was too nooby back when to notice, but I recall never having a problem with it before a patch broke it

• @bluethumb:

The first excuse I’ll hear is “oh, it’s just a small indie company.” That just means they have to be even more focused on quality. not less.

well, if you look at their about page (http://www.tornbanner.com/about/), you can see they don’t seem to be that small anymore

• @5hassay:

@lemonater47:

@Silu:

maybe I was too nooby back when to notice, but I recall never having a problem with it before a patch broke it

I don’t recall my weapons reverting once. For a while rank even worked, before some patch.

Hitting a rank multiple times in this game is just kind of how you have to do it now… I guess? I hit level 50 THREE TIMES and waited TWO DAYS before it finally stuck. Levels 1-48 were no such problem.