We have to do something about spears!

• In it’s currant state spears (viking, spartan, samurai) are a bit silly. I find it interesting that spear combos got cut out of MW but are back for this game. This seems a bit unbalance especially given how much knock back they have even if you block/parry them. I say this playing spartan 90% of the time. The number of times I Have just speared someone to death with out them being able to do anything is not good. Even if you taking spear combos away the viking/samurais can still swing sideways and spartans still have there shield.

P.S. please fix the movement locking (being stuck in place) after a kick or block.

• Could you add me and show me in duel? I really haven’t met anyone with spears that has bothered me so far, and I’d like to know what you and others around here are talking about.

ID: Barken Bark

• I’ve never had a problem going against these spears.

• I’d love to bark! To clearify what I mean: If I hit you with and over head then combo the normal stab in facehug range it’s a free hit most of the time. If I hit a primary and back up with an over hand combo the off speed attack is easy to land. This isn’t even taking into account the “miss on purpose” tactic you can pull off because of the insane range of spears. High dmg, long range and drabilty are what spears are about. We can’t make fast combos that desync and make you a one man phalanx a balanced factor as well.

Now dueling is another beast altogether as most people are a little more aware in a duel. I am mostly talking about in game, not a duel. Sams/viking spears are also a great deal better at this which is why I say it’s just silly business. There is no way to justify spear combos in my mind (as opinion based as it may be).

• @Citizen:

In it’s currant state spears (viking, spartan, samurai) are a bit silly. I find it interesting that spear combos got cut out of MW but are back for this game. This seems a bit unbalance especially given how much knock back they have even if you block/parry them. I say this playing spartan 90% of the time. The number of times I Have just speared someone to death with out them being able to do anything is not good. Even if you taking spear combos away the viking/samurais can still swing sideways and spartans still have there shield.

P.S. please fix the movement locking (being stuck in place) after a kick or block.

Nice avatar you got there.

• The Spartan spears are not OP, but the Samurai one sure as shit is. The Viking one isn’t too bad, but it’s also pretty strong.

• @DragonMaster269:

@Citizen:

In it’s currant state spears (viking, spartan, samurai) are a bit silly. I find it interesting that spear combos got cut out of MW but are back for this game. This seems a bit unbalance especially given how much knock back they have even if you block/parry them. I say this playing spartan 90% of the time. The number of times I Have just speared someone to death with out them being able to do anything is not good. Even if you taking spear combos away the viking/samurais can still swing sideways and spartans still have there shield.

Nice avatar you got there.

Citizen was here first. You need to leave.

• You talking about the 2h or 1h spear? The one hand spear is complete dick in 1v1’s. Sure like you said it works in groups, but doesn’t any weapon?

I just throw the dory off the bat, it’s pathetic. The 2h one don’t even get me going, that is truly the worst weapon in the game. Low damage, one attack, slow as fuck, sure it has nice range. But why is it the Samurai have a better 2h spear than the Spartans?

• I do mean specifically the 2 handed spears. Again, let me point out the state of the weapons is fine. The ability to combo however is just to much. I’ve said this before but if you want to let 1 handed spears keep combos fine. I would rather there be no combos for spears than all spears have combos.

Flippy, all shield brothers are welcome in the phalanx! :P

• There are ways of getting close to people who have spears only needing to parry once. Feinting or missing. Missing is more effective.

But of course noobs will just stand there trying to parry everything.

• While I understand there are ways of getting around the spear (and do so on a constant bases). We are talking about averaging all the situations one might find themselves in. All the while, hoping to achieve a sense of balance. In MW the spears cannot combo but are still used to great effect (and it’s not like its slow to attack again). This “sense of balance” is the only reason I bring this up. The average player on an average server is going to get pummeled by someone (vik, sam, spartan) with a spear. I play spartan 90% of the time and easily win on the scoreboard the vast majority of the time. That being said, when I do end up playing other classes with spears. It turns into something laughable! With zero effort I can put together kill streaks and top scores. This to me feels like an imbalance and a stark one at that.

Let me emphasize that while I am drawing from my personal experiences. The target balance is based on averages not any one individual or small group.

• Teach the masses.

• @Citizen:

I do mean specifically the 2 handed spears. Again, let me point out the state of the weapons is fine. The ability to combo however is just to much. I’ve said this before but if you want to let 1 handed spears keep combos fine. I would rather there be no combos for spears than all spears have combos.

Flippy, all shield brothers are welcome in the phalanx! :P

Ca-can I p-please be a member of the Phalanx? I main Ninja but I play a mean Spartan as well :D

• I dont believe comboing is a problem because it is easy to counter, but that is my opinion.

• @Citizen:

I do mean specifically the 2 handed spears. Again, let me point out the state of the weapons is fine. The ability to combo however is just to much. I’ve said this before but if you want to let 1 handed spears keep combos fine. I would rather there be no combos for spears than all spears have combos.

The state of the weapon is not fine. Please tell me what is fine on it beyond the range it has? It does jokingly funny damage, it’s slow (would be fine if it did more damage), and has one attack?

The Samurai and Vikings both have a FAR superior 2h spear. I just don’t understand again why they have a better spear than the Spartans? Maybe you could explain?

• @Khyy:

@Citizen:

The state of the weapon is not fine. Please tell me what is fine on it beyond the range it has? It does jokingly funny damage, it’s slow (would be fine if it did more damage), and has one attack?

The Samurai and Vikings both have a FAR superior 2h spear. I just don’t understand again why they have a better spear than the Spartans? Maybe you could explain?

This will probably be changed as soon as the next patch gets released. All spears, minus Spartan spears, will be unable to combo.

• @omg87:

@Khyy:

@Citizen:

This will probably be changed as soon as the next patch gets released. All spears, minus Spartan spears, will be unable to combo.

That’s a decent start. But what about the damage? Why is our 2h spear the weakest? The biggest issue I would want fixed as soon as they could is more than one attack. It has one attack… and is the easiest predicted weapon out there.

• Easiest predicted weapon? The sarrisa?

LMB and scroll up have a very similar animation. But two completely different timings. Combo up a variety of attacks don’t just use the same one over and over.

• @lemonater47:

Easiest predicted weapon? The sarrisa?

LMB and scroll up have a very similar animation. But two completely different timings. Combo up a variety of attacks don’t just use the same one over and over.

It is. It’s the exact same animation for every swing lol, what are you talking about? Unlike the Samurai spear it can’t overhead, can’t swing from the sides, it can only stab thats it. And stab for low damage.

• @Sol:

I dont believe comboing is a problem because it is easy to counter, but that is my opinion.

And also spears is the only thing you use when you can.