Game will not load, "ran out of video Memory"

• Good thing I got a beta because the game will not run on my machine even though I thought it would since UDK runs on it. Any ideas for command line settings?

Processor : Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2500MHz
    Physical Memory : 4096MB (4 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )
    Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

I am guessing the 512 megs of ram and 612 of texture ram isnt enough

• Did you set your settings on low?

• It would not even get past the loading logos, it would hit torn banner logo then the UDk logo then memory error. That is why I was wondering about command line commands

• I’m going to assume your video card probably only has 256MB of VRAM which is below our min spec of 512MB of VRAM. Sorry.

Unless for some reason, the rest of your programs are somehow eating up your VRAM which I doubt.

• It is a 512 card so hell if I know. Like I said it will run UTK just fine.

• Our system requirements are a lot higher than the UDK’s.

Go to My Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config and replace the UDKsystemsettings.ini with the attached file.

• cool, thanks I will give it a try. I had to create an autoexe file for AOC to get it to work on several old puters and have helped many get better FPS with the tweaks I found.

Also if anyone else is having problems and is going to try this INI file, make sure you keep a back up of the original file in case you upgrade your system. That way you can swap it back out. Hoping to get a better card very soon. Thanks again.

Also, do the command line commands work through steam for this? If so what would some be? For AOC (-nocrashdialog -novid -dxlevel 81 -console-heapsize 1572864 -noforcemaccel -noforcemparms -noforcemspd -noipx -nojoy) I could turn off the joystick, mouse accelerations and the like to have better accurate mouse performance and minimizing ram use by adjusting things. Always looking for tweaks.

• Well I did try the INI and sadly it just locked up with the Torn Banner Logo. Guess I will have to wait till I get a better vid card. I know WinVista and Win 7 is recommended but is anyone running it on WinXP? I really dont want to drop a ton of money on Win7 and two days upgrading and transferring files if I don’t have too?

• @Retsnom:

I know WinVista and Win 7 is recommended but is anyone running it on WinXP? I really dont want to drop a ton of money on Win7 and two days upgrading and transferring files if I don’t have too?

I don’t think you’re going to get many newer games on XP anymore. It’s kind of getting outdated.

On my old laptop, I downgraded from Vista to XP and seriously regretted it. There is almost no support for XP nowadays. I had trouble doing anything new.

If you can, just get 7.

• While XP is technically out dated it is a very solid system, still supported and has a smaller foot print and ram specs vs the new over bloated OS. The only thing I can see being a problem would be with the direct X level topping out at DX9 Again I can run UDk with XP just fine, sadly not this,

• If i remember correctly this problem was experienced by quite a few people with other UDK games during development. The most recent I can think of was “Super Monday Night Combat”. The problem was caused by a conflict between the engine trying to use more memory than your system can actually use, due to it being 32bit instead of 64bit. If that is the case then there is no client side fix that I know of other than upgrading to a 64bit system.