Game is terrible. TBS should feel terrible.

• Servers lag, even when all clients are below 80ms of latency. Game’s clunky feeling at best. Animations are total crap. Desyncs. Desyncs everywhere. Un-optimized.

And no, those of you who’ve seen me in game no i’m not bad and venting my rage – simply stating the obvious. In fact I do pretty well; the downside being there is much less skill involved compared to CMW:
    http://imgur.com/1YXPLIV

Just spam and strafing.

When I can’t run the game consistently with:

An i7 3770k @4.2ghz
    OC’d 560ti’s in sli
    and 8 gbs of ram

there is a problem.

Was torn banner studios bought out by EA?
    We got a uselessly limited beta of a game gutted for casuals;
    which served to do nothing but act as pre-order incentive.
    Followed by a shoddy end product that could have used a couple more MONTHS of polish.

:| GG TBS, you already have my money, so nothing I can do now.

INB4 lemonators excuses.

• What game are you playing?

• @lemonater47:

What game are you playing?

Right on time.

• are you insane? NOONE in the game spams and strafes, slashes are the least used attack in the game, i think they need a buff actually.

• I like DW personally. And no, I’m not a noob casual. I have 550+ hours on MW.

• @clayton-bigsby:

are you insane? NOONE in the game spams and strafes, slashes are the least used attack in the game, i think they need a buff actually.

I never said lmb spam, more stab spam. excluding buggy ninjas with the instant hit slash. ;)
    So I kind of agree with you. I almost never touch the lmb at this point, with the exception being to hit multiple people and create a little space to go back to target switching and strafing while stab spamming.

Still a form of spam. Hence the clunky tedious feeling. No variation in attacks. Just the same thing over and over again until one person looses enough braincells to make a mistake.

Every class fights the same way. Easily readable. It just kind of feels like you’re pigeon holed into one main style per warrior, instead of the warrior each having multiple ways to fight, creating an unknown variable per fighter. The Samurai had this at one point, but everyone(small vocal self-important selection of forum members) called for them to be nerfed, instead of the other classes being expanded. Unlike the other classes, it felt well rounded, and could be adapted to fight in a variety of ways – easily understood why such a class would dominate multi-warrior based game.

Point being, we need more options to keep us on our toes if they’re going to basically toss mechanics like dragging out the window in favor of foot work and “evening out” the playing field. (lowering the skill ceiling for accessibility)

• @clayton-bigsby:

are you insane? NOONE in the game spams and strafes, slashes are the least used attack in the game, i think they need a buff actually.

Heh. I’ve run across a few of your posts, Bigsby, but it wasn’t till this one I was sure you’re a troll.

• A little lower knockback on the sarrisa, yari and Viking spear wouldn’t be a bad thing.

Halberd maybe too though you can combo with it.

And dragging isn’t gone. Its just weaker.

And I don’t see people strafing and spamming stab.

Its probably got the same amount optimisation as MW but its 64 bit so generally runs better. In theory. Does for me at least.

Desyncs are about the same again.

Animations are a matter of opinion.

And I still see variations in combat. I know who I’m facing based on how they play so there’s enough variation there. Just becuase you have no imagination doesn’t mean that other people don’t.

And that post by Clayton is actually pretty much the truth. He ain’t trolling.

• @lemonater47:

And that post by Clayton is actually pretty much the truth. He ain’t trolling.

Multiplayer trolling.

• @Flippy:

I like DW personally. And no, I’m not a noob casual. I have 550+ hours on MW.

I like it too, or I wouldn’t have spent the time posting this. It’s just not up to potential.

;)

• Can only agree with you on ninja in this thread. They have the buggiest hits. I find myself blocking based on the animation but still being hit because I didn’t block in time. It’s as if their attack speed is faster than the animation. So you basically have to predict their swings.

Bo staff however is entirely different story. That shit is just simply OP.

• I agree 100% with the OP. Fanb0ys attacking him serve no purpose.
    The game was released in a sloppy state. then again it’s an indy game.

• @Nihilum:

Servers lag, even when all clients are below 80ms of latency. Game’s clunky feeling at best. Animations are total crap. Desyncs. Desyncs everywhere. Un-optimized.

And no, those of you who’ve seen me in game no i’m not bad and venting my rage – simply stating the obvious. In fact I do pretty well; the downside being there is much less skill involved compared to CMW:
    http://imgur.com/1YXPLIV

Just spam and strafing.

When I can’t run the game consistently with:

An i7 3770k @4.2ghz
    OC’d 560ti’s in sli
    and 8 gbs of ram

there is a problem.

Was torn banner studios bought out by EA?
    We got a uselessly limited beta of a game gutted for casuals;
    which served to do nothing but act as pre-order incentive.
    Followed by a shoddy end product that could have used a couple more MONTHS of polish.

:| GG TBS, you already have my money, so nothing I can do now.

INB4 lemonators excuses.

I personally have no problems with the game, there’s going to be bugs, let’s keep in mind that TBA is independent. Bugs will be ironed out over a course of time as they always are.

• Let’s calm down and take a deep breath. The game is not as bad as you say :). Yes there needs to be polishing but please give them time they have a lot of things on their plate.

Regarding things like animations, well that is a matter of opinion. I think the animations are superb.

Optimisation problems are happening for people and i think it is on their priority.

• I have to say that so far I’m very disappointed with DW…
    With my game crashing now almost every match… my mouse sensitivity constantly lowering its self in game… parts of my UI disappearing in game…
    Its really almost unplayable… I mean I don’t expect perfection, and Iv never played a “perfect” game but I do expect the basic game functions to work at release.
    I love these “melee combat” games and that’s what keeps me coming back and I think TB did a great job of introducing the concept to ppl, but at this point I just want to see another company or team take on the idea… Hopefully someone can make this concept work in the future!
    After playing Chiv since release I cant have much hope that this game will see any improvements either in the months to come, but ill keep checking in and praying =)

• Hello guys, and OP.
    While you have had a bad experience personally I am sure that there are a lot of people here who would love to help you solve the issues you are having if they are technical. Other than that your original post was nothing but abrasive yelling

@[url=http://www.tornbanner.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=13052:

community post]Abrasive (Annoying) - “WTF? I need to uninstall this game. I played 400 hours and why is this thing still in the game??”

If you have no suggestions to include about what could be done to fix the issues you are experiencing or to make changes that in your opinion would make the game enjoyable, please do not bother posting at all. You are wasting people’s times.

Additionally any other ventilations I’m going to see here are going to be abruptly locked because, seriously, grow up people. Forums are for discussion, not for venting. If you’d like to vent take it elsewhere.

Nuff said.
    Good day, and seeya in the game.