Windows vs Macs

• Vic Mackey from the Shield is great :D
    I fail to see why anyone would purchase a Mac. Prove its better then windows on this board if you can. ;)

• Apple makes the best laptops. End of discussion.

• Over priced toy for the status seekers :)

• Not really. You get what you pay for in the laptop world.

• @dudeface:

Apple makes the best laptops. End of discussion.

Better how?

• Mac laptops are nice for people who like Macs. The screens are nice and battery life is the best.
    If you like playing games or work in the Wintel world, not so much. Samsung makes some great gaming laptops and of course Asus has been aggressive with the ROG brand. Dell and Alienware are overpriced and underperforming.
    If you want a touch-screen, you can only go with Windows. I don’t understand why Apple has neglected this, maybe to drive those sales to their tablets.

• @BillDoor:

Mac laptops are nice for people who like Macs. The screens are nice and battery life is the best.
    If you like playing games or work in the Wintel world, not so much. Samsung makes some great gaming laptops and of course Asus has been aggressive with the ROG brand. Dell and Alienware are overpriced and underperforming.
    If you want a touch-screen, you can only go with Windows. I don’t understand why Apple has neglected this, maybe to drive those sales to their tablets.

Locking topic. Nothing else needs to be said besides this.

Seriously, Dell, Alienware and Apple are overpriced.

• I have a MacBook Pro for school and built my own Windows PC for gaming.
    I’ve used both Windows and Mac for Schoolwork and gaming and I prefer Macs for Schoolwork and Windows for everything else.

• A true warm fuzzy feeling building your own computers :) . My total builds of pc’s is in the 3 digits…
    plus I buy/sell on the bay. Strange as it might seem no laptop has ever been in my pad or used by me.
    Die hard desktop person of which I have Four here all high spec indeed.

• @SavetheWhales:

That’s a pretty good picture.

• Buy one.

Then see for yourself.

And the laptops are overpriced. The desktops aren’t too different from buying a pre built PC + all the things you need for it (monitor, keyboard, mouse, antivirus, etc).

• @lemonater47:

The desktops aren’t too different from buying a pre built PC + all the things you need for it (monitor, keyboard, mouse, antivirus, etc).

You’re referring to an iMac, aren’t you? You’re on a gaming website recommending people buy an iMac. You’re a special kind of person, lemon.
    I’m guessing nobody on this site buys a pre-built PC. I’m sure none of us would buy an all-in-one PC. But regardless, this statement is false. Completely false. Mac doesn’t even make ‘desktops’ anymore. They make the all-in-ones, the Mini and the ‘Pro’ servers. The nearest I can come to an actual desktop is the Pro series, which start at $3000.
    So you can get yourself an iMac for $1800 or buy your own pre-built Dell with the same specs for $1200, including a monitor, mouse, keyboard and comes with 3 months of Anti-Virus. Then you can go and buy a 3 year antivirus for $60 or even get it for free if you watch the NewEgg sales.
    Or you can build an even better configured computer yourself for $600. But that isn’t as cool, obviously as having something with an apple on it.

• For general purpose not purely gaming.

And I’m basing this all off New Zealand prices. Who cares about other countries.

• @lemonater47:

For general purpose not purely gaming.And I’m basing this all off New Zealand prices. Who cares about other countries.

He says on a Canadian company’s website…
    Name one thing Macs do better than Windows or Linux. One single thing. One.

CLUE: THEY ALL USE THE SAME COMPONENTS.*(Except Windows and Linux users have a wider range of manufacturers, parts and prices).

• All clues have been paid for by the Help-A-Troll foundation.

• The one thing macs to better is final cut pro and pretty much any graphics or design programs. Also the Mac OS is better and more secure doing more with less hardware. That said. Cost is usually the biggest issue. Mac’s OS is dumbed down and simplified for the shorty attention span artistic demographic. Sadly windows 8 went and tried to emulate Mac OS. Mac for artsie fartsies, Win for business and gaming.

• Adobe Premiere is the fully equal alternative to FCP. I’ll trade improved functionality over old equipment, what am I saying, ‘optimized hardware’.
    For graphics - GIMP. You can use Photoshop if you like giving money away.
    That said, using Premiere and GIMP does take knowledge, skill and an attention spawn. I begin to see your point.

• BillDoor I like you. Can we hug?

• I think the days when Macs actually ran graphics software better are long gone.