Basic Combat tips

• guys i made this guide for people that needs to understand the basics of this expansion or just want to refresh their memory :)
    WyryH2MaP_Q

• That’s a very very long video… 4 minutes and 23 seconds…

Did you just fill it with advertisements or something between the words:

Left Mouse Button.

?

• @trooper:

That’s a very very long video… 4 minutes and 23 seconds…

Did you just fill it with advertisements or something between the words:

Left Mouse Button.

?

sorry man i don’t understand what you are trying to say

• He is making a joke that there is no real tactics to the game beyond clicking the left button.

• @LucentInTenebris:

He is making a joke that there is no real tactics to the game beyond clicking the left button.

I still don’t understand. Can you explain it again but with smaller words?

• Let’s… not pay any more attention to that asinine attempt at sounding edgy and keep on topic.

I’m glad dragging isn’t a thing anymore. Are there plans to implement this in vanilla Chiv (unless it’s already been done and I’m out of the loop)? That ridiculous 180-behind-the-back-looking-up swing is getting tiresome to watch.

• @buddhatron:

Let’s… not pay any more attention to that asinine attempt at sounding edgy and keep on topic.

I’m glad dragging isn’t a thing anymore. Are there plans to implement this in vanilla Chiv (unless it’s already been done and I’m out of the loop)? That ridiculous 180-behind-the-back-looking-up swing is getting tiresome to watch.

you’re the worst

• Nice video. I’m glad they fixed the weird dragging mechanics of MW, I mean it was funny but it also made the game look spastic.

• @megaturtlerex:

Nice video. I’m glad they fixed the weird dragging mechanics of MW, I mean it was funny but it also made the game look spastic.

@buddhatron:

Let’s… not pay any more attention to that asinine attempt at sounding edgy and keep on topic.

Oh, I’m so happy they removed the mechanics too complicated for me to learn

• @KONGEN:

Oh, I’m so happy they removed the mechanics too complicated for me to learn

I wouldn’t really call it complicated. It’s pretty intuitive. Just like it’s intuitive that hitting someone at the beginning of your swing shouldn’t do as much damage as it would in the middle of the swing.

To me, this is something that raises the Skill Ceiling, which is good.

You can muscle memory accelerate your attacks in MW and not have to think about a thing. Here in DW though, you have to gauge whether or not you need the full damage of your weapon, or if an accelerated attack will cut it. Critical thinking and judgement come into play in detecting just how much your weapon does against the enemy and how much health they have left.

• I have to agree that I’m enjoying the combat in this game thus far, and that the speed-up of gameplay makes sense considering how different cultures fought (to me at least the Knight seems like he’s nearly the same speed and the Samurai, Spartan, and the rest all fight quicker-but-lighter). I didn’t mind dragging but one thing that annoys me is how small the feint window is, it makes accidentally attacking sometimes almost an inevitability. That and the fact that kicks still aren’t very intuitive to use now that you can’t kick in mid-air and half the time kicks don’t queue at the end of a swing.

Other than that, I’m really like the variety and idea of asymmetrical balance (somewhat similar to the appeal of the TV show fittingly).