What are pubs, pubbers and scrims?

• As the title states, I am a bit of a noob in Chivalry, and I would really like to know what these things mean, thank you.

• Those three terms are not exclusive to Chivalry, a quick google would find your answer.
    Pub refers to public match/server, pubber is a public player, and scrims are battles between clans, usually done with a more relaxed environment than a tournament.

• Scrim is short for scrimmage:

Scrimmage may refer to:
    An exhibition game, an informal sports contest or practice match which does not go on the regular season record

We called it funwar back in the day :P

Pubs and Pubbers probably means public players (and maybe depending on context “public servers”).

Edit: 2slow

• You were more comprehensive and provided a better answer.
    Either way, we were spoonfeeding information, so pat on the back to us.

• @Gauntlet:

You were more comprehensive and provided a better answer.
    Either way, we were spoonfeeding information, so pat on the back to us.

• Sorry, well, I googled Scrim but got nothing, but didn’t think about googling Pub ^_^, ty for spoon feeding, its appreciated.

• @Bazzyboss:

Sorry, well, I googled Scrim but got nothing, but didn’t think about googling Pub ^_^, ty for spoon feeding, its appreciated.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=scrim

When you’re looking for a slang term use urbandictionary.com you will find your answer for sure.

• In most games… Pubbers are looked down upon for being part of the mindless population following the trends and generally being below average - average skilled.

In Chivalry though, that only really applies to the gangland warfare team modes which are equally mindlessly boring in both pub and scrim…

In duel mode, your skill defines you and not your clan training. For example, players like myself can trash a lot of high level clan members without sweating, depending on their loadout. I like fighting vanguards and MAA’s especially.

• @trooper:

[…]

Translate as: I am 1337 for pwning in duel and you suxx for playing other modes, n00b!

pub:
    public server (indeed similar to a real pub)

pubber:
    a pub player - somebody who exclusively plays in pubs (which usually limits your skill compared to competitive players), I guess its mostly used for more experienced casuals
    NOTE: roflstomping people on public duel servers usually makes you a pubber!

scrims:
    games with defined teams, usually competitive players

• @Evil:

@trooper:

[…]

Translate as: I am 1337 for pwning in duel and you suxx for playing other modes, n00b!

pub:

pubber:
    a pub player - somebody who exclusively plays in pubs (which usually limits your skill compared to competitive players), I guess its mostly used for more experienced casuals

scrims:

I never use the word: noob, n00b or any of its variants.

There are inferior people and then there are superior people. I am the latter.

• @trooper:

Busted! :-P

And your “superiority” is not the topic of discussion here - unless it means that you are “not a pubber” (aka “your average opponent has well above average skill”).

• @trooper:

@Evil:

@trooper:

[…]

pub:

pubber:

scrims:

There are inferior people and then there are superior people. I am the latter.

you fail at complex trolling 101, and, as your true self has been revealed, fail at humanity as well.

• i am the best at everything i do, for my mommy tells me so. anyone who disagrees is just jealous because they can not achieve my level of skill and pwnage. thus, i am superior to all of you and you must bow and worship at my warm, snug, bunny slippers that aunt bethany sewed for me……

• Uhm, can a moderator please lock this thread? The questions have been answered, and the thread is going off topic.

• @Bazzyboss:

Uhm, can a moderator please lock this thread? The questions have been answered, and the thread is going off topic.

Shh. Its just getting interesting.

• @LordBenedictIronclaw:

i am the best at everything i do, for my mommy tells me so. anyone who disagrees is just jealous because they can not achieve my level of skill and pwnage. thus, i am superior to all of you and you must bow and worship at my warm, snug, bunny slippers that aunt bethany sewed for me……

Lulz…