Rank conspiracy

• To be blunt I popped into a server last week, Not an official or in Usa or UK, to find nearly every player was ranked over 40? To which in chat I commented saying " so many hacked ranks here tut tut"
    I was then subjected to a :D or :) from numerous players, one said its easy.

The pubs are a complete lawless land imo. There are some genuine players who actually tolled to get the ranks earned today , but the others are increasing defo.

Is there no way you can infact correct this TB, ie Surely you hold a database of hours played and ranks for players? Or how do you keep track of stats etc.

Correct me on this TB but I do recall you actually stealing players rank, eight months back with no consideration at all. The answer on the boards was " oh yes he changed the formula"

Not even a bleeding apology, so how hard can it be now reign in the false ranks and verify them?
    To now be surrounded by so many players completely undermining the rank system is very annoying.

If you did not simply change my rank back then by now I would be at 51, (currently at 38)
    its not fair at all Tibby.

• well, if you as a player who should be 51 through hours played and have a a better grasp of how to play this game has a rank of say, oh 17, thanks to tbs, goes up against a player who shows rank of 42, but in reality plays like a brand new player still falling for all the tricks, does that ake him a “better” player than you? i don’t think it does. sure, it’s probably nice to see that your rank goes to 1000000000 when you have played a lot of hours, but it does not necessarily mean you are a great player because of a high rank. i have personally seen some low ranked players play very well and lead the scoreboard. i wouldnt worry about it, besides, im sure TBS will get right on it, as they have shown in the past……

• Calling people out for their rank seems silly. Some people have bugged ranks, but it probably wasn’t intentional on their part.

More likely you just went into a room with lots of high ranks. That happens because good players like to play with other good players, and are likely joining via friend list.

Finally, rank 4x is not so uncommon these days.

• Rank isn’t indicative of skill, nor is rank something to be taken seriously at the moment.

I’ve seen people who I know are rank 50 stuck at rank 4X for some time now, I also feel that I am stuck at rank 42 and have been for the last 2 weeks.

Either way, rank doesn’t really matter much IMO so I’m not too fussy. But I can see how it would be annoying for others.

• @DokB:

Rank isn’t indicative of skill, nor is rank something to be taken seriously at the moment.

I’ve seen people who I know are rank 50 stuck at rank 4X for some time now, I also feel that I am stuck at rank 42 and have been for the last 2 weeks.

Either way, rank doesn’t really matter much IMO so I’m not too fussy. But I can see how it would be annoying for others.

Pfft 2 weeks? That’s not stuck at rank 42.

• Admittedly the rank system is not perfect as I went up to rank 38 from 37 about 5 times hehe.
    Finally it settled at 38. However at least 3 players I know of have now gotten to rank45, which is quite
    strange as the highest one was about 25 about 3 weeks back.

I have not named the servers or players as that is pointless, just to say that if TB is going to sort this out
    that would be a comfort. At some point in the future is all.

• Who gives a shit about rank it means nothing

• @kywild:

Who gives a shit about rank it means nothing

muh helmets

• @DokB:

@kywild:

muh helmets

It’s easy to wear the gold helmet even without rank, you can fool your own client that you’re higher rank even though everyone else see your real rank

• @kywild:

@DokB:

@kywild:

muh helmets

It’s easy to wear the gold helmet even without rank, you can fool your own client that you’re higher rank even though everyone else see your real rank

That would imply I give a shit.

• I love my black helmet. I wear it in bed.

• @BillDoor:

I love my black helmet. I wear it in bed.

Slow down Bill, your post count is going way too fast.

Soon, you’ll catch up to Lemon.

Also, I see why you wear your helmet to bed, so you can get it washed….

• @loin:

To be blunt I popped into a server last week, Not an official or in Usa or UK, to find nearly every player was ranked over 40? To which in chat I commented saying " so many hacked ranks here tut tut"
    I was then subjected to a :D or :) from numerous players, one said its easy.

The pubs are a complete lawless land imo. There are some genuine players who actually tolled to get the ranks earned today , but the others are increasing defo.

Is there no way you can infact correct this TB, ie Surely you hold a database of hours played and ranks for players? Or how do you keep track of stats etc.

Correct me on this TB but I do recall you actually stealing players rank, eight months back with no consideration at all. The answer on the boards was " oh yes he changed the formula"

Not even a bleeding apology, so how hard can it be now reign in the false ranks and verify them?
    To now be surrounded by so many players completely undermining the rank system is very annoying.

If you did not simply change my rank back then by now I would be at 51, (currently at 38)
    its not fair at all Tibby.

Sounds like they were being sarcastic, although i wasn’t there to witness it. Don’t bother with the whole TBS thing either, they’re too busy trying to figure out how to make DW a worse game to fix anything with MW.

• @kywild:

@DokB:

@kywild:

muh helmets

This nifty little trick was patched actually :(

• i don’t really care anymore since i have my gold helmet, but i’ve been stuck at 52 for months now :(

I WANT PRESTIGE!

• I care about Rank , at the beginning nearly everyone did. A good sign of loyalty to the game and its Dev team. Hours spent, look at the clans near all of them look for minimum ranked players, some players play for the features such as unlocking cool stuff and rank. Its the principle of the fast track bounders that
    annoys me. Once things are let slide or over looked were does it end? As mr bigsby said Prestige
    also I want a pretty hat to :) .

• Rank is useless, I never watch the rank.

I can understand that some people likes unlocking weapons or helmets, element, … but ranks are seriously useless.

That’s why you can always see low ranked people in the top of the game scoreboard in any game.

• Post by Fitfit » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:57 am

Rank is useless, I never watch the rank.

I can understand that some people likes unlocking weapons or helmets, element, … but ranks are seriously useless.

That’s why you can always see low ranked people in the top of the game scoreboard in any game.

Have you been on a T/O server were one side was comprised of a very strong genuinely Ranked side? I have witnessed such a slaughter, its not pretty.
    To my recollection its very rare a very low ranked player leads the scoreboard at the end of match.

• Have seen a bug on the server where many players below rank 40 suddently ranked up to 40. The rank was lost after the next round or when they joined another server, but in itself wasn’t an actual hack on the server.

Although am sure those exist too.

At the end of the day TB can try to prohibit certain servers getting up to mischief but there’s no way to limit it completely when server admins have total control over a server (especially when home hosted)

• The bug in the past in which people’s ranks got lowered or raised permanently is not something that can be fixed. The rank bug in which you no longer rank up or get weapon unlocks should be fixed now as per the recent patch: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24848

If there are still issues, please let me know right away.

As for those over rank 40’s, it’s definitely a lot more common now. I see a lot of legitimate high ranked players now, as the game has been out over a year now, it’s very common. It’s always nice to see some lower ranks mixed in when I play nowadays.