Suggestion. Spartan short spear and jav use the pelte shield

• Not to replace the hoplon shield or anything but to have it as another option.

The pelte shield by the way is the one that the sarrisa has.

This way you can look a bit more like a ranged peltast. Though when you have a sarrisa you are technically a peltast as you are using the pelte shield.

Now to implement this as there is no third utility option is to actually add it as two primary weapons. You can have the unlock 1 rank after the actual weapon unlock. So you have the standard javelin unlock. Then after that you have the javelin with pelte shield unlock one level after. Same with the short spear.

The icon could be the standard icon with a pelte shield in the background. You’d probably have to do the same with the sarrisa icon to avoid confusion.

Could have a small buff in reload time when using that shield maybe.

• Just out of curiosity, what would the benefit be to the Spartan?

• @JonnyJ:

Just out of curiosity, what would the benefit be to the Spartan?

Lol to look a bit more like a peltast. Probably need a linothorax or tunic to fully look the part. And the shield is actually a strange variation of the standard pelte shield which is slightly larger and only curved at one end.

But yeah I thought of having a slightly faster reload time with it. As well as the usual bonuses of a smaller shield.

• Better yet, add the third weapon slot back and give Spartans a choice of shield. I’m not entirely sure why it was taken out, except for a possible lack of time.

• @Mockingbirch:

Better yet, add the third weapon slot back and give Spartans a choice of shield. I’m not entirely sure why it was taken out, except for a possible lack of time.

A 3rd slot would only work for some classes. For others you would have to be pretty imaginative.

And it works fine with 2 anyway.

• @JonnyJ:

Just out of curiosity, what would the benefit be to the Spartan?

The small shield actually does function differently from the large shield. You can’t use it as a shield with the Sarissa, but when using your secondary it’ll have a faster recovery time but cost more stamina to block with compared to the other shield.

• There are three slots :D one for the fist!

On topic: I don’t see why this can’t be implemented. It makes sense to a degree. Not something i fancy personally.