So about that 64bit…

• To clarify, I’m not a crasher, I can play DW all day and night. I am having horrendous fps issues that, like many others have claimed, should not be happening. Changing graphic settings does nothing, which is nice because I can run on all high settings and it yields the same terrible fps as all low settings (at least it looks good!).

Now like most others with the same problem, I’ve been hounding around for fixes; read through all the little tweak guides and ini edits and tried them out to little or no avail. One thing I keep stumbling across is devs stating “no support for 32bit, dw is a 64bit application only.” This seems industrious, and hilarious, as the 64bit executable crashes at launch and steam, by default, launches the 32bit dx9 version.

So…what’s up with that? Is TBS working on this? I can fire up MW from the 64bit client, game runs like a DREAM its gorgeous and sits on 50-60fps all day. Now I admit, I haven’t tried the new beta patch that came out today. In the patch notes I read about optimization and lower memory usage, so I am hopeful/skeptical. I’m installing the beta app right now, it was silly of me to think I wouldn’t need to install a beta alongside a release build.

Any definitive answers concerning a patch to fix the 64 bit client, or any links to devs stating such, would be appreciated.

• I’ve been gone since just before beta went to non-beta, came back and… I wasn’t sure if I should laugh or cry. Just like you I suddenly found I was getting at best 20 fps, a few too many characters nearby and it will even plummet to 9-10. It feels far too sluggish. This is down from a constant 62 on high settings.

• I am having horrendous issues, anywhere from 10-20 fps in team fights, i am running a 64-bit windows. Here’s a copy of my dxdiag to show you guys i should have 0 troubles with this game. I have tried everything from high to low settings with still an unplayable environment.

I can run all my other games like Batman, Dota 2, Total War Rome 2, and some others perfectly fine just not this game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

• You can run rome 2 well???

What sorcery is this.

• It’s okay, as usual we get the weak ass run around from TB.
    Subject: Why the decision to leave support for 32-bit OS?
    @Andrew:

This was already answered in this thread, and is also reflected on our minimum spec page.
    viewtopic.php?f=103&t=24299&p=208438#p208438
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/241280/

On 32-bit Windows, processes have 2 GB of userspace memory address space available, and even less than that has to actually be filled to cause memory allocation failures. The ‘out of virtual memory’ error message is misleading.

Again, we’re working on memory use reduction, but 32-bit Windows is going to remain unsupported in C:DW. I doubt there are any 32-bit CPUs that meet our minimum specifications (putting aside the 64-bit requirement part of it) anyways. You could be on a 64-bit OS. Ours isn’t the only studio that’s dropping 32-bit support.

All you did was just repeat what we already know;
    ~ one person say it isn’t dropped but steam and others say it is.
    ~ I don’t think specs are the issue when everyone runs higher requirement games (at max settings) like Rome II, Shogun II, Skyrim, New Vegas, Metro 2033/Last Light and etc

• But why is there an option in the bloody launcher to play in 64 bit or not.

Its really confusing.

• @Arebasu:

It’s okay, as usual we get the weak ass run around from TB.
    Subject: Why the decision to leave support for 32-bit OS?
    @Andrew:

This was already answered in this thread, and is also reflected on our minimum spec page.
    viewtopic.php?f=103&t=24299&p=208438#p208438
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/241280/

On 32-bit Windows, processes have 2 GB of userspace memory address space available, and even less than that has to actually be filled to cause memory allocation failures. The ‘out of virtual memory’ error message is misleading.

Again, we’re working on memory use reduction, but 32-bit Windows is going to remain unsupported in C:DW. I doubt there are any 32-bit CPUs that meet our minimum specifications (putting aside the 64-bit requirement part of it) anyways. You could be on a 64-bit OS. Ours isn’t the only studio that’s dropping 32-bit support.

All you did was just repeat what we already know;
    ~ one person say it isn’t dropped but steam and others say it is.
    ~ I don’t think specs are the issue when everyone runs higher requirement games (at max settings) like Rome II, Shogun II, Skyrim, New Vegas, Metro 2033/Last Light and etc

lmao. I guess this is TB’s way of saying that they don’t officially support 32-bit OS for DW?

EDIT: I now understand that the launched launches the 32-bit .exe by default? LOL

• This is cute. MW requirements were pretty low, but runs like shit. Wasn’t always like this.
    DW requirements are pretty low (identical to MW), but requires a 64bit OS.

???

I really, really hope future buyers look up the DLC requirements because they’re in for a surprise.