Torn Banner, are you aware of the demand for Team Objective?

• Really not asking for any future plans, I’d just love to know that someone at the studio is aware of how many people want TO for this game.

• The lack of TO is the main reason I have no interest in purchasing this DLC.

• They are aware.

They just don’t respond because either

• no plans on doing TO again
    • plans but no idea of their timeframe
    • secret plans

Hard to tell. Perhaps they realize that TO was their bread and butter. Perhaps DW does not fit into the TO model so it will be abandoned.

Maybe they are releasing DW, a few patches and onto a RPG version of CMW (which would be awesome).

In any scenario they are not telling and its a secret.

• Shhh! Quiet!

• Well actually they did more or less confirm that there is gonna be some sort of custom map competition. Don’t know if its TO exclusive but I doubt they would exclude TO.

So we will see something in the near future. And near future torn banner time is about 6 months normal time.

• It’s obvious they’re not doing it because of the impending Workshop and easy custom server integration. In a few months tops we’ll have custom maps, modes, and servers everywhere, with no work on the dev’s end at this point.
    It’s for the best, really.

• To be fair they only have one level designer. That we know of at least.

• @Miriandandes:

It’s obvious they’re not doing it because of the impending Workshop and easy custom server integration. In a few months tops we’ll have custom maps, modes, and servers everywhere, with no work on the dev’s end at this point.

It isn’t the community’s job to make games better, even if that is quite common in 2013.

• @KittyKitsune:

@Miriandandes:

It’s obvious they’re not doing it because of the impending Workshop and easy custom server integration. In a few months tops we’ll have custom maps, modes, and servers everywhere, with no work on the dev’s end at this point.

It isn’t the community’s job to make games better, even if that is quite common in 2013.

Well there’s no stopping the community from making it better. Or worse in some cases.

• So, I love having community involvement and a healthy modding structure; it’s what made games like half-life so powerful back in the day.

That being said, I really don’t like seeing a company -rely- on that sort of thing to keep their game alive. It seems lazy, which is a terrible sign of things to come.

So, fingers crossed for at least one preliminary TO map from TBS in the near(ish) future.

• I won’t be sticking with this game very long if the most interesting game mode is hold the banner.

• it’s my understanding that this game actually isn’t designed with capability for to? that’s just word on the street.

• @magilla:

it’s my understanding that this game actually isn’t designed with capability for to? that’s just word on the street.

• Theyre definitely aware of the demand for TO. Fucking sick of the whole ‘theyve only got one level designer such poverty boo hoo’ excuses made up for them by various prats on here.

If they dont have enough level designers to make TO maps, they should hire some more level designers. Their entire success was built on TO. It should have been the priority, regardless of which ridiculous expansion route they decided to take.

But they dont care about the lasting appeal of the original game that people cared about, or the people themselves who stuck around for it. They just want to convince enough muppets to part with the initial price and for DW in sales then leave it out to die. Their ongoing support for this game has been absolutely dire.

This is coming from a guy who used to gush about how ‘awesome’ TB were - check out some of my original posts lol :P. They are easily contenders for some of the worst developers in the industry. They had a great thing going then they just didnt support it enough with substantial content that people wanted (TO maps for vanilla), or iron out any of the proper bugs… and now its too late.

People still ask if the game (MW) is in beta when they play it. STILL.

• My interest in the game is starting to wane slightly I have to say. It’s still fun but I really could use TO. TO kept me coming back for over a year.

• @Triumphant:

Theyre definitely aware of the demand for TO. Fucking sick of the whole ‘theyve only got one level designer such poverty boo hoo’ excuses made up for them by various prats on here.

If they dont have enough level designers to make TO maps, they should hire some more level designers. Their entire success was built on TO. It should have been the priority, regardless of which ridiculous expansion route they decided to take.

But they dont care about the lasting appeal of the original game that people cared about, or the people themselves who stuck around for it. They just want to convince enough muppets to part with the initial price and for DW in sales then leave it out to die. Their ongoing support for this game has been absolutely dire.

This is coming from a guy who used to gush about how ‘awesome’ TB were - check out some of my original posts lol :P. They are easily contenders for some of the worst developers in the industry. They had a great thing going then they just didnt support it enough with substantial content that people wanted (TO maps for vanilla), or iron out any of the bugs… and now its too late.

People still ask if the game (MW) is in beta when they play it. STILL.

And how is having one map designer not an excuse. It takes ages to make a good TO map you can’t just spit tons of them out on your own.

Though I suppose you could do better. You obviously can make lots of good TO maps. In fact you should make lots in the SDK and then put them up on the steam workshop. You would only need a month and that’s lots of time to make say 5-6 TO maps. If you do that they will fire Andrew and hire you instead.

• @lemonater47:

And how is having one map designer not an excuse.

Instead of making all these TDM maps they should have been making TO maps.

Also, MW has plenty of TO they can move over. Nothing is stopping them from doing this. In fact I would like to hear their excuse for not having done that already. It won’t be good enough of an excuse I can tell you that.

• Wow I see the steam stats dropped quickly to pre-DW announcement levels.

Maybe they should have added TO instead of some many dumb modes…

• @gregcau:

Wow I see the steam stats dropped quickly to pre-DW announcement levels.

Maybe they should have added TO instead of some many dumb modes…

Well what does a game boil down to when there is no real objective to fight for?

I guess if you like the mindless combat of FFA/TDM or LTS then I suppose the game could hold your attention momentarily.

• Seriously praying that TB buck up their ideas and make TO. If they don’t, I’m predicting at least a 50% drop in playerbase within a couple of months.