TBS please, I beg you. Automatic ping kick.

• So I noticed in the patch that you are doing a nice big patch that has a whole bunch of server optimisations and that’s great it gets a little iffy at times. On a 64 player server.

But mainly becuase at least 10 people on the bloody server have over 200 ping. Constpy kicking them as admin is tedious and doesn’t work as they keep bloody coming back as they know they were admin kicked.

What’s more the scoreboard only shows the top few guys on the team in multi team games so ku can’t actually see everyone with high ping.

But an auto ping kick would be great. Like autobalance every 30 seconds if it finds people with over a certain amount of ping it kicks them.

But make it a server config. So you can set the limit and how many seconds between each time its active.

Surely implementing a bloody ping kick would be a simpler task than a whole bunch of server optimisations and stuff. But well done on doing that.

Please torn banner I beg you. Over a year, no ping kick.

• This REALLY needs to happen, especially with the way the netcoding works in this game, and the desync between getting hit and attack animations.

• Seriously this applies to both games. I have to just stop playing MW past a certain hour at night because that’s when the americans wake up and start flooding onto the server. Either sort out the server browser or get the ping kick working.

We end up votekicking laggers and I doubt that’s fun for anyone.

• so when the multiplay servers spike everyone up to 2-300 ping the whole server just empties.

• @clayton-bigsby:

so when the multiplay servers spike everyone up to 2-300 ping the whole server just empties.

Do you ever say anything positive? Obviously this would be a server setting, not a forced ping limit on every single server. People who want a ping limit on their servers should be able to enforce one. And i have never been in a DW server yet where everyone’s ping spiked.

• @Borge:

@clayton-bigsby:

so when the multiplay servers spike everyone up to 2-300 ping the whole server just empties.

Do you ever say anything positive? Obviously this would be a server setting, not a forced ping limit on every single server. People who want a ping limit on their servers should be able to enforce one. And i have never been in a DW server yet where everyone’s ping spiked.

There is no option for a ping kick. And yes the servers do spike. I don’t know how nad the mulitplay ones are but every servers I’ve been on has spiked to some degree and everyone has spiked. Though the spiking isn’t related to high pingers it will still spike even though I’ve kicked all of them.

But high pingers put everyone’s ping over 100. Our 64 slot servers runs fine when you have got rid of every last one of them and you only a get slighty higher ping than a 32 MW server most people are under 100.

But we need the option of a ping kick so we can else inset lag as much as possible and make it so you don’t run into anyone with 400 ping.

Don’t start blaming Clayton about being negative. Only I’m supposed to do that anyway. But do you see anything positive about this at all???

• @lemonater47:

@Borge:

@clayton-bigsby:

There is no option for a ping kick. And yes the servers do spike. I don’t know how nad the mulitplay ones are but every servers I’ve been on has spiked to some degree and everyone has spiked. Though the spiking isn’t related to high pingers it will still spike even though I’ve kicked all of them.

But high pingers put everyone’s ping over 100. Our 64 slot servers runs fine when you have got rid of every last one of them and you only a get slighty higher ping than a 32 MW server most people are under 100.

But we need the option of a ping kick so we can else inset lag as much as possible and make it so you don’t run into anyone with 400 ping.

Don’t start blaming Clayton about being negative. Only I’m supposed to do that anyway. But do you see anything positive about this at all???

Why are you arguing, aren’t you in favour of an automatic ping kick? I know i am as i stated in my previous post. And I see the positive aspects of your post yes, which is why i agreed. And i have never experienced a ping spike in a server in my 53 hours of beta gameplay and 25 hours of release gameplay, albeit i only play in 20 slot servers since any more and it turns into a spam-fest.

• Well this game is supposed to support 64 players.

And I don’t find 20 slot servers any less of a spam fest than a 64 slot server.

• Going to have to agree with lemon 100% on this one.

CMW needs a auto ping kick as well. I have to just stop playing CMW past a certain hour at night because that’s when the euro’s and asians wake up and start flooding onto the server. Either sort out the server browser or get the ping kick working.

The laggers never end up getting kicked so I rage quit after a while, I doubt that’s fun for anyone.

• Oh god yes, please make this happen. During the last Beta Patch for DW (before it was released) there were 20 or so EU/AUS/other countries and only 2 NA servers up. Despite there being plenty of other servers to go to, all of the inbred monkeys came over here and clogged the servers with their 200+ ping, making it impossible for Americans to even play on their own servers.

• Why are you arguing, aren’t you in favour of an automatic ping kick? I know i am as i stated in my previous post. And I see the positive aspects of your post yes, which is why i agreed. And i have never experienced a ping spike in a server in my 53 hours of beta gameplay and 25 hours of release gameplay, albeit i only play in 20 slot servers since any more and it turns into a spam-fest.

I’m sorry but you have made me unleash my inner grammar Nazi. You always capitalize “I”. No matter what. I, I’d, I’ve, I’ll, etc.

I’m sorry…but you made me do it.

• You made me do it. And i’m not sorry.

• ill think it that your meaning is grammer nazi; he caring for grammer.

• @lemonater47:

Well this game is supposed to support 64 players.

whoa whoa whoa hold up, so before you didn’t think DW was a bit too spammy, and now you’re saying even 20 man servers are a spamfest? see… in time you just realize that all i say is true, it just … takes … TIME!

The ping limit thing would be nice, i’m just saying it would suck that if you or I had our ping spike to over the limit just once, it would be pretty annoying if all of a sudden the whole server just gets kicked and ruins our game that could be going good.

• I think you’d have to set a time parameter - at least 30 seconds? over a certain ping.

• @lemonater47:

When was the last time we actually tested a 64 slot server? If I remember right, we reached to about 40 until the server crashed.

Imagine the lag on that game. And the desyncs. The whole idea sounds like a nightmare. Also, if you want to talk about spam, the more players there are, the spammier it gets.

IT’S SALTY.
    SO SALTY.

• On one hand it can be quite a good thing but on the other hand not everyone can get really good gaming internet. Like for me I don’t have much disposable income and I play on 3g that’s from my phone with a wifi hotspot but am planing to get cable internet whenever I can get enough extra money for it. On the servers I play on the 3g plays decent for most part (anywhere between 90 and lower 100s in ping) but spikes real bad sometimes

• @omg87:

@lemonater47:

When was the last time we actually tested a 64 slot server? If I remember right, we reached to about 40 until the server crashed.

Imagine the lag on that game. And the desyncs. The whole idea sounds like a nightmare. Also, if you want to talk about spam, the more players there are, the spammier it gets.

IT’S SALTY.
    SO SALTY.

Not the official server that kimi tried to test.

The 5 Australia GON servers are all 50 or 64 slot servers. And they get full. Who cares if an official server crashed they are crap.

• Kick all 100+ pings, let god sort them out.

• Take a fast, spammy game and stick 64 players on it.

What happens?

Take a guess. A WILD GUESS.