Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior Patch 1 is now live.

• Optimization

• Character optimizations

• Optimizations of all maps

• Profile screen now loads stats much faster

• Reduced memory usage of the client

• Further netcode and server CPU optimizations

• Force disable ssao and subsurface scattering (neither is being properly utilized right now, and are just costing GPU performance)

• Memory allocator improvements for 64-bit, should improve CPU performance when running the 64-bit executable

• Added temporary 64-bit option to launcher (when we’re certain about the stability of the 64-bit executable and the allocator changes, this option will be removed and the launcher will automatically launch the 64-bit executable on 64-bit Windows)

• Added 64-bit dedicated server executables

General Improvements

• Fixed a crash related to health regen

• Game no longer crashes if Steam is not enabled

• Added increased respawn time for team damage

• Thrown pistol kill uses the correct icon in the killfeed

• Players can no longer team stack at the start of thegame

• TimeLimit specified in command line actually works now

• Post game kills now only inlcude kills made against opponents and not your own team

• Escape button now working in class select, profile, escape menu

• Audio slider changes should now occur in real time

• Fixed Double Kill reporting on a single kill

• Removed unused assets from some packages, reducing the game’s overall size

• New throwing knife image

• Added XPMultiplier to all game types. XP modifiers for the current game modes shown at the beginning of the match

• Bonus xp for winning the match (Team victory in team modes; individual victory in Duel / FFA)

• Improved text strings / consistency

• Map vote text is improved

• XP stats are more accurate

User Interface

• Fixed “textField” displaying in drop down menus in the Config screen

• Fixed drop down menus having an offset position in non-1920x1080 resolutions

• Server Filters now automatically save between sessions

Map Improvements

• Adjusted landscape textures in Fjord

• Plant the Banner planting point tweaked on Acropolis and Fortress

• Fixed broken banner in Acropolis

Game Modes
    FFA

• FFA chat no longer says will “spawn as Blue Viking”

• FFA scoreboard and post game stats screen sorted by kills, not score

Duel

• Duel mode camera no longer turns 90 degrees before duel

• Duels no longer break if player disconnects before the duel starts

• Pickups now dissapear between rounds in duel mode

• Duel mode winner decided by kills, not score

LTS

• When multiple players need one more to win, the game no longer announces a draw when a team wins

• Reduced the number of LTS Rounds to win, shortening average map times

• Fixed not spawning if you are in the character select menu

Class-specific
    Pirate

• Pirate flag movement t-pose fix

Ninja

• Ninja no longer has a strange face when holding the flag

• Fixed ninja dodge T-pose

• Ninja unmasked selectability/visibility in customization

• Updated bo staff animation

Knight

• Longsword shove root fixed

• Knight shield now shows customization in first person

• Removed crossbow from 1st primary, and moved to 1st slot in secondary

Viking

• Can now see viking shield customization from main menu

• Shield no longer reappears on viking after thrown and switching to dual weild

• After throwing left hand weapon in dual wield, you no longer auto switch to shield

Spartan

• Short spear shove now working like other weapons

• Shield now customizes on the back of the spartan

• Shield no longer changes customization from equip to unequip

• Only spartans can now combo the same stab attack with spears

• plz how to not receive any C:DW updates and only C:MW? Don’t see why I should be forced to download content for a game which I have no interest in.

• good patch guys! :D

• Thank you TORN BANNER!

• Thank you for the patch, but is it in your range of capabilities to make it so we don’t have to reset our keys after every patch? Also I ask again, what was the though process of changing the Knight’s parry animation to make it appear slow and lethargic? Kind of misleading when you look at the 1st/3rd anims for the parry. I don’t see any mention of the change in any patchnotes.

edit: Oh, setting my keys right still randomly sets them to random actions. My sprint is my crouch, ESC key doesn’t work now, etc etc. This has been happening since beta and I know I’m not the only one. Would be nice if this was finally sorted…

• Good shit, good shit. Time to blaze a bowl and kill some bitches.

• @alterbyme:

plz how to not receive any C:DW updates and only C:MW? Don’t see why I should be forced to download content for a game which I have no interest in.

Wait, so if I don’t own DW, it’s still going to download updates for it because they share the same client launcher?

Please tell me this isn’t true.

• “WE’LL BLOW YOUR BALLS…FROM THE CANNON!”

• Hello, nice update, but…

Nothing was done about the keys config bug where the customized controls are fucked up when saving or sometimes randomly change during the game? This is really game breaking and makes my game almost unusable…

• @Andrew:

Optimization

• Reduced memory usage of the client

Does this mean that virtual memory will no longer run out?
    If this is the case,then I should be able to play the game fine,I guess.I will check it tomorrow.
    Anyway,nice job TB.Now focus on MW too.

• @nightbringer57:

Hello, nice update, but…

Nothing was done about the keys config bug where the customized controls are fucked up when saving or sometimes randomly change during the game? This is really game breaking and makes my game almost unusable…

I have a fix for you, you can thank me later. Just reset your key binds in the main menu. Restart the game. Get into a server FIRST. Now change the keybinds to whatever you want. This will actually save them in perpetuity. I’ve been doing this every patch since the beta and it’s still working.

• Developer

@DokB:

@alterbyme:

plz how to not receive any C:DW updates and only C:MW? Don’t see why I should be forced to download content for a game which I have no interest in.

Wait, so if I don’t own DW, it’s still going to download updates for it because they share the same client launcher?

Please tell me this isn’t true.

It shouldn’t be true, as DW’s files are in a separate DLC depot that should only install if you have a DW license. I just tested disabling my DW license on my Steam account, then redownloading Chivalry, and it only grabbed MW. At the moment, to my awareness the Steam client doesn’t have any way of disabling the download of a DLC you do own, though.

• That was quick. Good work TBS! Keep it up. 8-)

• Thanks, I hope further optimization will come soon.

• Do I see the word optimization in TB’s change-log list?! Never thought I would to be honest.

• Well, other than losing ALL of my pre-patch progress and having to start over, everything seems to be working fine. Except in duel mode, when the menu gets stuck on or it despawns me or the other guy at the start of the duel.