ANOTHER 2 GB?

• What are you guys doing that requires such big patches all the time?? I have a slow internet download speed, surely you can optimise the patches so you’re not sending so much over the wire all the time?

• It’s the way the engine is and how they have done things.

They can’t do small patches.

Smallest patch I’ve seen them do was 800MB. And they changed a few language files in that patch.

• Updates usually take me a few days to load. Took. It’s one of the reasons why I’ve uninstalled this game

• @afiNity:

Updates usually take me a few days to load. Took. It’s one of the reasons why I’ve uninstalled this game

Filthy Peasant … :D

• @afiNity:

Updates usually take me a few days to load. Took. It’s one of the reasons why I’ve uninstalled this game

What the heck do you have for internet dial up? Takes me just a few minutes with basic internet

• @afiNity:

30 minutes. Upgrade from dial up.

• @Deity:

@afiNity:

What the heck do you have for internet dial up? Takes me just a few minutes with basic internet

What is “basic internet” for you ?
    Takes me likre 3 hours with my old 256 ko/s

But hey i don’t complain, the Unreal engine works that way, when you modify something, you have to send a mutch larger package to players… they can’t do anything about it.

• Takes me just under half an hour for 2GB. I can play another game while I wait.

• its even worse when the patch was for DW, lmao

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE DW PATCH IF YOU DO NOT OWN IT

if you have Steam client beta, there is a new feature that allows you to not update a game and just go ahead and play it instead. This works with MW for at least this patch. Problem is that it asks you every time you launch it. Also not sure what’s going to happen when, if they do that is, release a “patch” for MW. Probably you’ll have to download both in sequence, lol

• So let me get this straight. People complain when there aren’t updates, then people complain when there ARE updates…but are too big for their standards? What is wrong with some of you people…

I turned my computer on just now after getting off work, made a bowl of ramen, and the download was finished when I finished my noodles. Literally took 20 minutes. Come on…

• @Goregasm:

So let me get this straight. People complain when there aren’t updates, then people complain when there ARE updates…but are too big for their standards? What is wrong with some of you people…

Welcome to the forums.

• The updates are for DW though, not MW. I want to turn off the DW ones that’d make me happy.