Duel Wielding

• What is the advantage of duel wielding as a viking? I just went into the training area and the third strike does not do double damage. Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
    Midas

• Thrusting does more damage, other than that swings and overhead do less damage when dual wielding, and the hit tracers being further out to the sides. Not worth it when using an axe.

• Isn’t it supposed to speed up the attack rate as you go? I recall reading something along those lines…

• iirc, vikings increase their attack speed whenever they score a hit, regardless of the weapons or their number.

• When dual wielding, the time between combo strikes are inherently a bit shorter, but the recovery time after is longer.

• The thrust hits everything in a small arc in front of you, has a short windup and a long attack animation. Hands down the best sword-thrust in the game.

Mostly the advantages to dual-wielding are larger attack areas and left-handed sword throwing.

• Dual wielding gives you a faster base combo speed, which also means your combo speed increases faster from the Viking’s berserker special (combos become faster and faster the longer they’re maintained).

• Stabbing with two weapons does more damage, why doesn’t slashing with two weapons do more damage?

• @WarCrab:

Stabbing with two weapons does more damage, why doesn’t slashing with two weapons do more damage?

You mean the duel strike? Yeah, that has baffled me since beta. The Viking decription page says “Ends the combo with a devastating dual strike” (or something along those lines)
    But that strike isn’t very devastating at all.

• How much dmg does a duel-wielded axe/sword stab do compared to a sword/sword duel-wield? For that matter, how do the speeds compare and is there any dmg difference between a throw axe or sword?

• @Salad:

How much dmg does a duel-wielded axe/sword stab do compared to a sword/sword duel-wield? For that matter, how do the speeds compare and is there any dmg difference between a throw axe or sword?

1 sword-28
    1 sword+any other weapon dual weilding-42

And yeah each thrown weapon has different damage. The hammer being able to one shot Knights.

You can check each damage yourself in the training Visualization Room.