Yumi bow, kinda sucks. Or pirate pierce resistance less

• Its not very useful much at all.

Also many fools try as use it against pirates. Its completely useless against pirates.

Because…

1. It takes 3 body shots or 2 headshots to kill.
    2. Health regen is fast and they can do it while reloading a and firing.
    3. Pirates have rum.
    4. Those samurai who are brave and have honor get shot in the back while charging and fighting the pirates in melee.

The yumi is horrible. But people insist on using against pirates even though they get no kills with it. You aren’t even making their health lower at all as they just regenerate it.

Meanwhile you are getting shot by more guns at a faster rate and you don’t get time to regen and eventually die.

Why do people use it against pirates.

You are better off charging because you get shot less and there’s a higher chance of you killing people. Pirates only win because you are too scared to face them.

But not everyone’s gonna do that.

So buff the yumi slightly. So it at least one shot headshots pirates and kills them with two body shots.

• Thats one situation. When people use it better, its a tiny bit better.

However, I wouldn’t say no to a buff for it… Maybe easier to pick up ammo?

• I see the Yumi bow as a Harrassment weapon mainly. I do see your point, but I do not feel that the samurai should be on par with the pirate in ranged combat. They should be inferior by design. Otherwise pirate would need an armour buff/more health etc.

I think it’s fine as it is - i don’t feel it should be too strong.

Try to see the yumi as a support role weapon, or a finisher weapon for a runaway

• yeah i know it’s so useless you can hit things from out of your range while still weilding a primary weapon with a class that has the same armor as a knight. I think it should do 90 damage like in MW and every samurai should be able to kill things from range and within range… they should totally buff the yumi bow because it’s SOOOOOO GOODDDDAMN USELESSSSSS!

on second thought, i think all spartan spears should one shot wehen thrown, and i think ninja shurikens should blow peoples head up.

While we’re at it, lets just make it so that pirate weapons do 200 damage per shot, i mean who is living through a bullet anyway, maybe it shouild just drain health after you get hit and be truly realistic?

lets make ninjas faster footspeed, i think they’re too slow, they can’t even run because they’re soooo slooooow. God i cant figure out how to sprint with them they need a buff to movement speed as welll as being able to roll as far as or futher than men at arms in MW.

I think that spartans should just one shot with any spear attacfk because in the movie peopple just died

i think the vikiings berserk mode is too damn slow and it takes too long to build up t he speed, i th ink after one strike the berserk shoul dbe at full speed because its too hard to build up speed.

T he pistol throw for pirat es should just kill anyone it hits because i mean come on, its a pistol right?

spears need to be able to combo again, but it takes too much stamina to combo, so theyu should reduce the cost of stamina on the spears because they’re clearly underpowered.

the flange mace range is still too short, i can’t hit things from 20 feet away so i think it needs a range buff… it’s just too short and just is not effective against any 2 handed weapons because they’re longer.

Also, the parry boxes need to be increased, i feel like it’s too hard to parry attacks with such a small parry box, and blocks are messed up too, i think the spartan shield needs a buff because it basically can’t block anything.

• It only needs to be buffed ever so slightly so it can one shot headshot pirates. It nearly does but it doesn’t.

Not to be on par with pirate weapons but so they can be slightly more useful when they are shotting I it a horde of pirates. At the moment people who use the yumi how in that situation just lose.

And then they blame pirates for being too OP

I mean you all hate pirates in LTS? The only way to beat pirates is to charge them. Problem is half your team is using that darn yumi how against them. No chance in hell.

And just ignore Clayton.

• but… if you increase the damage it takes to one shot pirates… do you realize it takes 3 hits with the sow or most weapons to take down a pirate?

if you increase to where it one shots pirates to the head, then what does it do to all other classes? More damage…

range needs to take a step aside. Have you played mw? if deadliest warrior learns anything from mw… they need to know that ranged combat is taking too much of a leap ahead of melee. This game is SUPPOSED to be a melee game, at least i thought, but it has more ranged combat even than MW. So why make it worse and make ranged combat better.

the only reason i would somewhat agree with you is the fact that i think pirates should die to headshot from yumi. I also think they should get 2 shot or 1 shot from a lot of other things that they don’t…

• The SOW generally comes into contact with enemies more than the bow does and at a far faster rate. Unless you are blind.

I only want the yumi to be buffed ever so slightly so it can headshot kill a pirate which is another ranged class. I’m pretty certain than a simple damage buff want change the yumi’s hits to kill on any other class. If it does you can buff the yumi by a smaller amount but reduced the pirates damage resistance to the yumi’s damage type to compensate.

The yumi almost kills pirates in one hit with a headshot. It almost kills them in two hits too in the chest.

Generally once you know how to fight in melee well as a pirate you have a far better chance beating a pirate in melee as you know exactly what they do and how its done. Pirate melee doesn’t vary much. Neither does archer melee in MW we all do more or less the same thing. But once you know how they do things and what buttons they push and you can estimate the stamina they has at all times you have the better odds.

Pirate and archer melee aren’t too dissimilar. Shank and axe are just like a shortsword or cudgel archer in MW. The cutlass is actually pretty long and like a weak broadsword and the sabre is literally a copy from the MW sabre.

And they like to stay in groups. And in groups some still have their guns out. Their lower health than other classes and their lower melee damage makes them pretty bad in group combat if the opponents switch targets lots and attack pirates who aren’t looking at them.

Pirates will die about 10x faster to a sword of war than to a yumi bow. Though SoW parry animation is really weird now. Still. A melee weapon will kill a pirate faster than the bow will.

• @lemonater47:

You are better off charging because you get shot less and there’s a higher chance of you killing people. Pirates only win because you are too scared to face them.

This is so ingrained in your skull, lemon… Play against a qualified pirate team in a scrim somewhere. Unless you pick all spears, the pirates will come out on top. People aren’t scared of pirates anymore in pubs, considering vikings can do more damage throwing at a range, spartans can do more damage throwing at a range, knights can do more damage shooting at a range, ninjas can do good damage tossing at midrange, the samurai can do good damage shooting at a range. I hardly see people hesitate against pirates here anymore, because they are in balance. You have a chance without them easily gunning you down.

But play against some qualified enemy pirates in a scrim, then get back to me. You can’t win. They never miss. They employ strict parry guards. They swamp with boarding axes. It’s physically unbeatable unless you’re on a spear team, because they’ve been ridiculous as fuck.

@lemonater47:

Pirates will die about 10x faster to a sword of war than to a yumi bow. Though SoW parry animation is really weird now. Still. A melee weapon will kill a pirate faster than the bow will.

And? The samurai has one ranged weapon, and several melee weapons. At its core it is a melee class. The yumi bow has so few shots because it was probably intended as an opener, which it is good at. That, or picking off dying enemies.

A majority of players want to use the deep melee combat system, and there’s already enough long distance rape within this game. The yumi bow is fine; it serves its purpose. 1 hit killing people with ranged shit is just going to frustrate them and make them retire early.

• sure, a pistol rarely one hits anybody that is not wounded, at range i’d say even with a headshot it is quite unlikely and especially for samuraris being hit, so let’s introduce one shot headshots with the yumi bow then which can be spammed like at least three times as fast as the pirate’s pistol?!…
    not even considering the fact samurai have more health and better weapons…

if i was in a server where a team of samurairs and pirates were only shooting at each other, i’d be outta there in no time! lul

shoot at wounded targets, then you’re also getting the kills!
    as said below if you were about to increase the yumi bow damage it would likely affect all other classes as well and in the current state of the yumi bow it is primarily a harrassing tool which works quite good in my mind.

besides, the intention of the (in my mind still halfways crazy) health regen was as i think to pressure players to get into melee combat after a succesfull hit and not to let the game wither to either a spamming ranged game or a waiting game, so you’re angry about the fact ranged combat has been weakend though it is still much more present than in mw?

last but not least a general advice: quality over quanitity ;)

edit: pirate’s current balancing is pretty much balanced, an indicator for that would also be ppl crying for them to be too op on the one hand and other’s to be too weak on the other hand, since this is the case i think tb has pretty much found the gap.

• No thank you. When Sams find a reason not to equip the bow, then we can look at buffing it.

Right now though, it still being used plenty.

• @lemonater47:

It only needs to be buffed ever so slightly so it can one shot headshot pirates. It nearly does but it doesn’t.

The pistol doesn’t even one shot samurais in the head and you want the yumi bow to one shot pirates?

Go away. The samurai is way to good as it is, and pirates are pretty weak.

• I think it’s fine tbh.

Ideally this is a team game, so if 3 samurai shoot the pirate he dies in one volley. Another thing is that DW is less of a ranged dominance game. It was annoying to walk halfway across the map in MW only to be headshot-instakill.

Also, not that realism should replace fun but… arrows kinda suck vs armor; crossbow and gunpowder should feel significantly more powerful.

Maybe lower pirates health? I think it’s a bit too early to be making drastic balance changes though.

• @megaturtlerex:

Maybe lower pirates health? I think it’s a bit too early to be making drastic balance changes though.

Honestly I vote for this. It shouldn’t take 3 hits from a SoW to kill a Pirate.

• I made a thread a while ago in the beta about what warrants giving pirates more armor.

TB: “We nerfed their guns and made them slower.”

Except guns are still good and pirate melee is still good. None of that shit warrants more armor.

• @omg87:

None of that shit warrants more armor.

It does, but his slashing damage could stand to be lowered.

You know what would be really useful right now? A Weapon Spreadsheet.

• It’s being used becuase people don’t realise how little damage It does and its a weapon you start off with.

It usuall onl gets used against pirates.

Its the largest bow in the world and yet out of all the ranged weapons it does the least damage.

I only want it buffed so its actually VIABLE AGAINST PIRATES ONLY. It only needs a slight buff.

Stop talking abou stats and what might happen. I’m talking about what currently happens.

• @lemonater47:

It’s being used becuase people don’t realise how little damage It does and its a weapon you start off with.

Its the largest bow in the world and yet out of all the ranged weapons it does the least damage.

I only want it buffed so its actually VIABLE AGAINST PIRATES ONLY. It only needs a slight buff.

Stop talking abou stats and what might happen. I’m talking about what currently happens.

you just want it buffed because you’re an archery fan, and you have a personal bias towards making what you play stronger.

• @magilla:

@lemonater47:

It’s being used becuase people don’t realise how little damage It does and its a weapon you start off with.

you just want it buffed because you’re an archery fan, and you have a personal bias towards making what you play stronger.

Or I’m sick and tired of losing LTS to pirates becuase half my team are using the yumi bow and are achieving nothing. They get hits but with fast health regen and rum their hits do nothing.

Also 100% of the pirates are shooting at you. All of them. While only about half your team is using the yumi bow. So the pirates are firing a lot faster and they have the blunderbuss which stop you regening health and I you took a headshot a long range blunderbuss shot will kill you.

And yet people still use the bloody thing.

And what’s the harm in making the yumi bow viable against another ranged class and that ranged class only? Crossbow is good. Even the short spear and javelin are good at range against them.

They can buff the yumi and it will not affect other classes. I don’t want it too affect other classes. I’m guessing the damage type is pierce-blunt. If it does change the HTK on another class then you buff it less and just make the pirates damage resistance to be press against the yumi’s damage type.

That’s all I want. I don’t want the yumi bow to be a super duper god weapon.

• @WarCrab:

You know what would be really useful right now? A Weapon Spreadsheet.

Yes! We need this.

• I suppose he does have some point against the pirates. Spartans\Knights\Samurai\Viking wear armor, so they aren’t really going to be hurt by arrows. Pirates on the other hand only wear a coat, arrows should mortally wound them easily; likewise a stab from a sword or spear should really be fatal to a pirate.

I haven’t played much pirate though, when I have I get slaughtered. It could be one of those classes that seem OP when a good player is behind them but are not really unbalanced. I’d like to hear from people who play the class a lot, even see some videos.

And yes a spreadsheet would be very useful but it doesn’t cover every aspect of balance.