Yumi bow, kinda sucks. Or pirate pierce resistance less

• @WarCrab:

You know what would be really useful right now? A Weapon Spreadsheet.

Yes! We need this.

• I suppose he does have some point against the pirates. Spartans\Knights\Samurai\Viking wear armor, so they aren’t really going to be hurt by arrows. Pirates on the other hand only wear a coat, arrows should mortally wound them easily; likewise a stab from a sword or spear should really be fatal to a pirate.

I haven’t played much pirate though, when I have I get slaughtered. It could be one of those classes that seem OP when a good player is behind them but are not really unbalanced. I’d like to hear from people who play the class a lot, even see some videos.

And yes a spreadsheet would be very useful but it doesn’t cover every aspect of balance.

• @megaturtlerex:

I suppose he does have some point against the pirates. Spartans\Knights\Samurai\Viking wear armor, so they aren’t really going to be hurt by arrows. Pirates on the other hand only wear a coat, arrows should mortally wound them easily; likewise a stab from a sword or spear should really be fatal to a pirate.

I haven’t played much pirate though, when I have I get slaughtered. It could be one of those classes that seem OP when a good player is behind them but are not really unbalanced. I’d like to hear from people who play the class a lot, even see some videos.

And yes a spreadsheet would be very useful but it doesn’t cover every aspect of balance.

Exactly what I’ve been trying to bloody say.

Pirate pistole is pretty good when you crouch and aim with it. And they can win a lot against most players in 1v1 melee its not terribly hard. Getting stuck in group melee combat you get hit/shot by yur own team an get attacked by the enemy while focusing on someone else. Pirates aren’t great in group melee combat.

But they excel in skirmishes with the yumi And take no causalities. I’ve been on both ends and many pirates get hit but don’t die. The smart ones just move to the edge of the group and fire from there until they regen their health which doesn’t take long. The samurai will eventually die, before you all run out of ammo.

Many pirates suggest camping which can work against a frightened enemy. Against an enemy who isn’t scared well camping wasn’t the best idea and you get overrun.

The crossbow deals a lot more damage than the yumi and is a bit more accurate. It xan also from further away and be useful. A group of knights with crossbows actually kill pirates. The crossbow is also good when charging. You charge with the crossbow out get close and aim at the head of a reloading pirate and kill him. Couldn’t do that with a yumi bow even if it did do more damage.

Pirates do need a reduction from pierce damage as well probably. Maybe if you reduce that enough you wouldn’t need to buff the yumi now. Or at least not by much.

• Or maybe the bow isn’t meant to be a retard cannon like the pistol and blundershit.

Who is using it?

A samurai.

He has good weapons with variety.

He also has armor.

The fact that he even has a ranged weapon is ridiculous. Ditto to the knight.

You’re sick of losing to pirates because the firing squad is REALLY effective.
    Why not reduce the armor of pirates since their firing squad is so effective? And the fact that they never needed an armor buff to begin with.

**This would satisfy your need to kill pirates (ranged) at range with a class that shines in melee.
    The last part was really difficult to type.

• @omg87:

Or maybe the bow isn’t meant to be a retard cannon like the pistol and blundershit.

Who is using it?

A samurai.

He has good weapons with variety.

He also has armor.

The fact that he even has a ranged weapon is ridiculous. Ditto to the knight.

Why not reduce the armor of pirates since their firing squad is so effective? And the fact that they never needed an armor buff to begin with.

**This would satisfy your need to kill pirates (ranged) at range with a class that shines in melee.
    The last part was really difficult to type.

Yes the problem is that people don’t try to kill the pirates in melee with a great melee class they are all pussies and sit back with their bows doing next to nothing. A few do charge those with honor. They all make it to the pirates. But they all die as they are outnumbered and took more bullets than thy would of done if everyone charged.

I don’t want to time a cannon how many bloody times to I have to god damn say it learn to read fool. I want it to be able to kill those with the cannons.

• Everytime As a samurai we charge the pirates as a group I am reminded of this scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12DQN8oxKTs

• Personally, I hardly, if ever, see pirates win a team match. Usually the Samurais overwhelm them in melee and destroy them thoroughly. I won’t say I’m anywhere near a great pirate, but I know my way around a cutlass. I can usually take out any class that I get pitted against, however I can do that with all the other classes.

The notion that a yumi bow should one-hit pirates in the head is ridiculous in my opinion. The pistol can’t even one-shot a spartan in the head, let alone a samurai (at full health of course). Aiming with the pistol isn’t the easiest thing in the world, either, especially if the opponent actually tries to maneuver around so they don’t get hit.

• @lemonater47:

The crossbow deals a lot more damage than the yumi and is a bit more accurate. It xan also from further away and be useful. A group of knights with crossbows actually kill pirates.

Yeah it’s very powerful, historically this is how it was but I guess game-balance\fun should come before historical accuracy.

One of the issues you mention does work both ways though, Samurai also regenerate health; in theory if the pirates just hang back eventually they will run out of ammo since people just heal their wounds.

Can a Pirate one-shot a Samurai? I’m assuming they can 1-shot Ninjas and other Pirates.

• @omg87:

It’s rewarding to make a kill with a ranged weapon that is actually harder to use! Gun is just easy while bow needs some accuracy, especially from high distance! I think it’s stupid that the bow needs more than 3 arrows to kill most of the classes, including the samurai! With the high dammage that crossbow does for the fast reload they get, bow deserve better dammage! Also, I’d say Spartan need less dammage on their throwable on light classes, shield throw too!

• I don’t think it’s a problem with power at all. The Yumi needs a projectile or firing speed change. Any power change would either make it too good on the class or too weak to really do anything. The thing about the Yumi is that it’s weaker and unreliable because of it’s slow projectile and draw/put-away time.

• just let go of the ranged aspect,it’s bad and the majority seems to like it that way

• @AndreaTheArcher:

just let go of the ranged aspect,it’s bad and the majority seems to like it that way

Hey I’m talking about ranged vs other ranged here. Doesn’t interfere more with melee combat. Just kills those pirates quicker.

• @lemonater47:

Hey I’m talking about ranged vs other ranged here. Doesn’t interfere more with melee combat. Just kills those pirates quicker.

So you’ve coded a way for Bows to do more damage to only Pirates that have the guns equipped?

• @Mgqc:

@omg87:

It’s rewarding to make a kill with a ranged weapon that is actually harder to use! Gun is just easy while bow needs some accuracy, especially from high distance! I think it’s stupid that the bow needs more than 3 arrows to kill most of the classes, including the samurai! With the high dammage that crossbow does for the fast reload they get, bow deserve better dammage! Also, I’d say Spartan need less dammage on their throwable on light classes, shield throw too!

Ranged weapons aren’t hard to use. You point and shoot. Sometimes you lead your target.

I think it’s perfectly fair that bows require 3 hits to kill anything considering the Samurai’s melee weapons. It may even do too much damage, all things considered.

In fact, I think it’s absurd the knight has a crossbow.

@lemonater47:

Except fucking with ranged inherently fucks with melee.

• People who say ranged is easy are complete idiots who don’t use ranged combat. Go show me how easy it is land all ten arrows on targets.

And if you adjust stats right you will not effect anything else. HTK will remain the same for everyone else.

• hey hey, it’s not rum; it’s MAGIC rum.

• People who say ranged is difficult can’t aim or have never played a shooter before.
    It’s not hard to land hits with a ranged weapon, Lemon.

• @lemonater47:

People who say ranged is easy are complete idiots who don’t use ranged combat. Go show me how easy it is land all ten arrows on targets.

And if you adjust stats right you will not effect anything else. HTK will remain the same for everyone else.

It helps if you actually play the game.

• @omg87:

People who say ranged is difficult can’t aim or have never played a shooter before.

This isn’t call of duty or battlefield.

Play the game. Not a different game. Its obvious you don’t use the bow or any ranged weapons. Comparing the ranged aspect to games where the projectiles travel at the speed of sound.

Its easier to kill someone with a sword or spear in this game than it is with the bow.

• @omg87:

People who say ranged is difficult can’t aim or have never played a shooter before.

This isn’t call of duty or battlefield.

Play the game. Not a different game. Its obvious you don’t use the bow or any ranged weapons. Comparing the ranged aspect to games where the projectiles travel at the speed of sound.

Its easier to kill someone with a sword or spear in this game than it is with the bow.