New Classes

• Do you think anymore will be implemented in the future. Im not in a rush just wondering for the future?

I know theres the balance thing on how it fits in etc, or maybe there isnt room? :?

• There was a lot of talk of a Siege Engineer in the very early phases, but it kinda just dissolved. I can’t think of any other kind of new class, really.

• yeah, the pure semirealistic medieval approach of the game has the disadvantage of being somewhat constricted on the matter of different classes. no wizards possible and so on.

would like something like a combat-monk though, shaolin-style, without any armor, just cloth, with a unique fighting style like 2-handed quarterstaffs (Bo’s) and/or hands and feets to fight, but i think it would hardly fit, wouldnt it.

or maybe a female class, asassin type (but different to maa)

• @SlyGoat:

There was a lot of talk of a Siege Engineer in the very early phases, but it kinda just dissolved. I can’t think of any other kind of new class, really.

Really? It seems like a great idea. I would have been an original class and would have helped make the siege part of chivalry more significant.

Right now, the siege part of chivalry is ridiculous. It should definitively be more significant than some kind of bonus feature in a battle.
    After All siege Played a Huge role in Medieval times.

Siege should be as funny/significant to use as siege in battlefield for example. Example : Using a ballista should be as fun/useful as using a machine gun in Battlefield.

I would like to see more siege weapon too : Vilebrequin, Very Primitive Canon, early arquebus, Trebuchet, War chariot, Siege Tower, Siege Ladder.
    War Chariot would be fun too. Someone drives it, the other fire some stuff (arrows or something else). It would be like a medieval Tank. Fun as Hell.

• I honestly wouldn’t mind some class weight intermediate to the MaA an vanguard. It just seems like there is a huge skip from the lightweights to the heavyweights.

But chivalry has a strong emphasis on the 4 class system, so I don’t think new classes are feasable or likely.

• @Blindga:

I honestly wouldn’t mind some class weight intermediate to the MaA an vanguard. It just seems like there is a huge skip from the lightweights to the heavyweights.

But chivalry has a strong emphasis on the 4 class system, so I don’t think new classes are feasable or likely.

Yeah I agree with that. In my opinion if a class was to be added, it should be something heavier than a Man at Arms but lighter than a Vanguard.

Some time ago I had an idea of a Shield Bearer class. The Shield Bearer would basically be a heavy MaA focusing on shields and defense but still being a lighter, mobile class. He would have slightly more armor than a MaA, slightly slower movement speed and no dodging and would carry a medium sized shield equipped by default. The shield would be similar to the Heather Shield, but with faster recovery time. His weaponry would consist of short to medium ranged swords, spears and blunts. The Shield Bearer’s special ability would be an improved shield bash, doing more damage and putting him closer to the target after the bash. It would work like a short forward dodge.

Just a simple concept idea I had.

• I’d vote for a sergeant class.

http://www.chrome.hu/ornamentum/public/ … ct_409.jpg

Like this, but with less chain and more leather. Focuses on spears and shields and fits between MAA and vanguard.

• yea we need the siege engeneer

• siege engineer information on moddb xD

http://www.moddb.com/mods/age-of-chival … n-overhaul

• @Saraski:

siege engineer information on moddb xD

http://www.moddb.com/mods/age-of-chival … n-overhaul

I vote for siege engineer :D

• I don’t see how a siege engineer would work at all.

Wouldn’t it pretty much be an archer+1? That and having a guy run into battle and instantly pop up a barricade or siege weapon like a TF2 engie would be gimmicky beyond all reason given the theme and atmosphere of the game. Realistically, it took weeks to build proper defenses and siege weapons.

And I’ll say again, I doubt they are going to add a new class at all.

• I think the original concept of the siege engineer could be adapted to Chivalry fairly easily. Rather than constructing things from scratch by throwing a bag on the ground and hitting it with a hammer (what were they thinking :P) there could be a variety of broken down catapults/ballistae/barricades/etc. on the map that he could repair; with this mechanic in the game, we could have destructible siege weaponry and ramparts to give you mini-objectives of repairing and destroying siege weapons to your advantage, or putting up barricades to restrict enemy movements through certain routes, without it being exploitative to be able to pop up a barricade anywhere or drop a ballistae in an unreachable spot.

The siege engineer’s class special could also make siege weapons perform better when he’s using them, so playing him isn’t just running around fixing things but also racking up catapult/ballistae kills, and he could also perform better at certain objectives like gunning down the ships and dismantling the Trebuchets on Hillside, ramming down the gate on Stoneshill, etc.

And, with a siege engineer in the game, siege weapons could be added to TDM and KotH maps without becoming too obnoxious, since you can destroy them and prevent their repair, adding more strategy to these game modes and encouraging more teamwork.