Post Here to show your support for a Mac Port

• I am starting this topic to have a place for Mac users to post and show they want a mac port.
    Goals: Number 1: Get as many views as the old topic. (the old topic was locked because a number of the community completely missed the point, attacked macs in general, and got a mod (one of the mac-haters) to lock it.) The old topic had nearly 27,000 views. Still think Chivalry doesn’t have any people who want a mac port? (then your stupid! jk :D) I will keep track of people posting their Mac support, and update this post constantly.

Note: this means you mac haters! one word about windows being better than mac in your opinion and I will report you to every admin and mod on the forum!

Mac Support: Starting Stats: 27,000 views.
    i think somewhere around like 100 accounts made just to show support for a mac port.
    List of +1’s
    +1 to Mac Port- TelaCorp

• Windows is better for gaming. But that isn’t my opinion, it’s just a fact, so don’t report me. I have no opinion on the matter.

• There should be a poll for this, not a “+1”. And the poll should have more than just “Yes” and “YES RIGHT NOW” as options.
    “+1” is not a legitimate stat. “Views” is not a legitimate stat. Number of fake accounts created is not a legitimate stat.

This topic shouldn’t be in Technical Support, either.

Good luck.

• BillDoor. as Remixx said, “No other users have logged in from that IP”
    You keep denying it, but every year, more and more macs are sold compared to windows. and that means more and more Mac gamers. Torn Banner could monopolize the Mac action game market with this. For this reason alone, Torn Banner should look into a Mac port.

• @TelaCorp:

BillDoor. as Remixx said, “No other users have logged in from that IP”
    You keep denying it, but every year, more and more macs are sold compared to windows. and that means more and more Mac gamers. Torn Banner could monopolize the Mac action game market with this. For this reason alone, Torn Banner should look into a Mac port.

But you are the only person who wants the port. And it is easy to spoof your IP address and create a fake email address.

Mods please merge this with TelaCorps other thread with dozens of fake account posts.

Having said that a Mac Port, a Linux Port would be great to appeal to others.

But what planet are you on to think they will ever do a port?

I mean seriously they can’t even create a new TO map, DW has enough crashing problems on windows and you think there will ever be a port to the Mac.

I guess you are just a Mac fanatic and post on every game forum for Mac ports?

• Can a mac run a virtual machine within is os or an emulator? perhaps that if possible would allow it to play Chivalry in a shell. A Vhd perhaps with memory allocated and size etc. Mac’s are just not my thingy.

• The game will run on Macs now using emulation, if the machine is beefy enough. It is not supported though, so Mac users are on their own to figure out how to make it work. (Actually, us Windows users don’t get much support from TBS either but that’s another story.)

It’s not supported for machines with integrated grapics, which is what TeleCorp probably has. In fact, that’s what nearly every mac owner has - integrated graphics. Hardly the target audience. At least they can still play Plants vs Zombies and Bejeweled.

Mac sales are also dropping http://money.cnn.com/2013/10/10/technology/mac-pc-sales/. They are likely to continue dropping since Apple is pushing tablets and app-based computing even harder than Microsoft.

Without a poll, this is nothing more than a troll thread.

• Billdoor and gregcau why the fuck do you insist posting here.

People say I make useless posts. Including you two. Bloody hypocrites.

Telecorp is just some kid whose parents probably don’t want him installing an emulator on the mac and he fact you actually have to buy the windows OS which he probably can’t pay for and his parents refuse. He sorta hinted that in the last thread where he said “my 7 (or was it 9?) year old brother”.

Still leave him alone. What you two are doing is pathetic. You two are the only thing keeping his god damn threads alive. So what if he bumps it everyone and again it no one replies its dead again in a few hours.

You’re both worse than me.

• u mad?

I suggested that he add a poll. He chose to respond with information that was false. I corrected his false statement. Then, like on the last thread, you distract from the actual dialogue with baseless, emotion-based outbursts and personal attacks. Useless, indeed.

I would very much like you to tell me what, in either of my posts, was so horrible. Really, was it the part where I wished him good luck?

Frankly lemon, your post is the only one on this thread that’s abusing other forum members.
    Perhaps this thread should be locked.

• Post by lemonater47 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:41 am

Billdoor and gregcau why the fuck do you insist posting here.

Telecorp is just some kid whose parents probably don’t want him installing an emulator on the mac and he fact you actually have to buy the windows OS which he probably can’t pay for and his parents refuse. He sorta hinted that in the last thread where he said “my 7 (or was it 9?) year old brother”.

Still leave him alone. What you two are doing is pathetic. You two are the only thing keeping his god damn threads alive. So what if he bumps it everyone and again it no one replies its dead again in a few hours.

Mr you seem a very itchy type of poster, I read a post were you actually insulted a person by calling his computer a waste of money, btw you said I was a casual also an indirect flank shot :D

As I recall were you not just warned about this by that moderator? My advice to you is to heed the moderators message.

• tbh personally I’d rather not see a mac version: not because I don’t care about apple mac but more that it was given a chance to demonstrate demand during kickstarter and didn’t get the required backing. Now though with a finite amount of developer resources, I’d rather see bug fixes and new maps instead of new platform support as I don’t feel the game is quite as polished as it could be

• I’m 17 dweebs.

• @lemonater47:

Absolutely impossible, ask retsnom.

• @lemonater47:

Now I understand the Lemon hate. You’re a jerk.

• @Flippy:

It is not even that. I don’t mind intelligent jerks or funny jerks.

It is the constant post after post where the thread has not been read and some random crap is posted. Quoting someone and then saying something completely unrelated due to being on a mobile device and just desperate to post. Its the ignorance of someone who says he is studying software engineering - but in the same breath says he doesnt listen to the lecturers (probably because he is reading the forum). Its the high and mighty - oh I am an alpha tester for DW, we would kick you from our server if you utilize a bug, its the TBS will do this or that when he has no clue and TBS obviously shys away from associating with him due to his inability to provide a single coherent thought on the forum. Its being so incredibly naiive and wrong, I would say he is 13 years old (in which case it all makes sense and I wouldnt even comment).

I guess if he had hot girl pics in his sig I would forgive everything.

• @Flippy:

@lemonater47:

I finally snapped is all.

But it doesn’t take a genius to see what billdoor and Greg are doing.

Greg says I’m doing post after post. Look at Greg’s profile. The thread he has posted most in is the old mac thread.

Do you honestly believe what Greg and bill are doing is nice??? Its not even nessesary. Calling him a troll and saying he has fake accounts and everything.

In fact those two arseholes were told to stay away from telecorps threads. Its blatant abuse. The mods already tried stopping it but it hasn’t worked has it.

And you call me a jerk. What are Greg and bill? Mega jerks?

Its just not right. We need mod intervention again.

• I agree. We absolutely need mod intervention when one poster is consistently derailing threads; blatantly abusing other posters; and violating forum policies.

• Wow, Lemon top thread derailer. Lemon if you weren’t so sincere you’d make one sers troll.

• @BillDoor:

I agree. We absolutely need mod intervention when one poster is consistently derailing threads; blatantly abusing other posters; and violating forum policies.

Yeah ban all of us. That’ll work.

And wolfs only mad as I Admin kicked him for teamkilling the banner holder in DW.

Really though. Telecorp if he wants to play should just get bootcamp to play. Its a good virtual machine that uses the hardware fully.

Its damn strange why he hasn’t got it already. Though its probably the reason I stated above.

• You buy Mac. You want Chivalry.
    Instead of asking for Mac support here, ask for Chivalry support there. :)

Kidding aside though, you chose to buy a Mac. I won’t judge you for preferring it over a normal Windows desktop PC(although I do deeply despise you) however the main reason I hate Macs is because of their ridiculously low compatibility when it comes to executable files.
    This is why barely any game on Steam has FULL Mac support. And I also seem to recall the official kickstarter not being funded enough for Mac support.

At the end of a negative post I usually like to point you to a solution but I don’t really know much about Macs. Good luck with Bootcamp, I assume.