[Beta Release] Autumn Valley/Battle on the Dunes

• Hello everyone, First time UDK/ChivSDK mapper here (although i do work in game art/design) And here are some maps i put together today/yesterday (21/22 of Nov)

Autumn Valley

Simple TD/LTS/FFA map (still need to export the last two gametypes)
    The map focuses on pushing the two teams down a narrow valley, there are a few stretegic points worth holding and a cave to mix things up.

Its on the workshop Here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=196855641

[progress:z5qqndcz]97[/progress:z5qqndcz]

Battle on the Dunes

Battle on the Dunes is a King of the Hill map, With the two factions duking it out over a small ruin on a desert island, with the goal of looting the most gold. Its incredibly early beta so i really would like some feedback on the design of things.

Steam workshop download is here http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=197755681&searchtext=
    Pictures

!
    !
    !
    !
    !
    Map Overview

!

[progress:z5qqndcz]95[/progress:z5qqndcz]

• It looks great man Thanks for the preview and nice talking with you!

• Yeah looks good. By cave do you mean a dead end cave.? My only issue with bottleneck maps are thats it’s good to have a side passage so that a surprised team can flank and cause carnage on the back rows (especially pesky archers)

• Yeah looks good. By cave do you mean a dead end cave.? My only issue with bottleneck maps are thats it’s good to have a side passage so that a surprised team can flank and cause carnage on the back rows (especially pesky archers)

• Its a passageway around the wall to remove the bottleneck at the mason side of the valley, The actual map could do with some custom assets, although I may put my time into making assets for a new map. I just completed a king of the hill map which has just been uploaded too, I will update the main post with all new pictures

• After playtesting Autumn Valley on Kimikos server, I decided that a large update was in store to even out the map, so i have set out to balance it by making another small valley run paralell to the existing area.

Pictures:

New Castle Wall

New Area to balance it out. Theres a place in the middle for a King of the Hill Capture point too.

• The maps look great!
    Hopefully I will be able to try it out soon. What amount of players would you recommend on the maps?

• Thanks!

For Autumn Valley (V1, not extended), i would suggest 4-8 players, just because of how impassible it is with 14+ people

For Battle on the Dunes… I would probably put that around 24 people, since the battlefield area is quite large, and there are a few focus points.

• Looks amazing ! Too bad its not TO, it would’ve been way more popular.